Obama Orders 200 Combat Troops to Iraq

The generals begged that incompetent lying ass to leave a residual force. Nope. He had to make a political decision to help get re-elected. He has blood on his hands.

Our generals, nor our president, control Iraq. The Iraqi government agreed with the withdrawal date that was established before Obama took office, and we left by that date. Or do you not believe that sovereign nations can make their own decisions?

The U.S. embassy in Baghdad could easily turn into a modern version of the Alamo. .. :cool:

You bring up a very interesting point. I wonder how many times during their captivity the Marines at the captured Iranian Embassy wished they'd have fought it out instead of living each day wondering if they were going to be executed. All the while enduring humiliation and torture.

Fast forward: Another feckless president weaker than Carter. You know good and well the Marines and all military personnel in Iraq are wondering what happens if they're taken. What will boy blunder do to save us?

Surrender or Alamo?

If I were 19 again, trained and armed, I'd have a hard time laying down my weapons if the ambassador told me to. Especially after Carter's example and knowing Carter was a strong man compared to the boy king.

Last edited:
For those who want to say what is happening in Iraq is on Bush lets remember the rise of ISIS began with the civil war in Syria which started in 2011 well after Bush was out of office so the failure to see what was happening in Syria from 2011 forward falls on the current occupant of the White House not the previous one.

For those who want to say what is happening in Iraq is on Bush lets remember the rise of ISIS began with the civil war in Syria which started in 2011 well after Bush was out of office so the failure to see what was happening in Syria from 2011 forward falls on the current occupant of the White House not the previous one.

The new al Qaeda was rebranded in 2006 as the Islamic State in Iraq (ISI). It would add "and Syria" to its name later.

The group exploited a growing perception among many Sunnis that they were being persecuted by the Shia-dominated government led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, starved of resources and excluded from a share of power ...

:eusa_whistle:

The new al Qaeda was rebranded in 2006 as the Islamic State in Iraq (ISI). It would add "and Syria" to its name later.

The group exploited a growing perception among many Sunnis that they were being persecuted by the Shia-dominated government led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, starved of resources and excluded from a share of power ...

And that group was defeated and pushed out of Iraq by the end of 2008 it rose again in the Syrian uprising.

And that group was defeated and pushed out of Iraq by the end of 2008 it rose again in the Syrian uprising.

I take issue with the word "defeated" when it comes to terrorists. If you want to believe ISIS hasn't been around since 06 that's your business.

I take issue with the word "defeated" when it comes to terrorists. If you want to believe ISIS hasn't been around since 06 that's your business.
You can take issue with anything you want it does not change the fact the insurgency in Iraq had been beaten down by the end of 2008 and it all started coming back when we did the complete troop pullout.

Forum List

Back