Obama open to entitlement cuts for debt reduction

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
In debt talks, Obama offers Social Security cuts - The Washington Post

Rather than roughly $2 trillion in savings, the White House is now seeking a plan that would slash more than $4 trillion from annual budget deficits over the next decade, stabilize borrowing, and defuse the biggest budgetary time bombs that are set to explode as the cost of health care rises and the nation’s population ages.

I'm not buying it. It smells like bullshit to trick votes out of the right leaning moderates.

But we'll see.

Nancy Pelosi when she found out...

Pelosi-Angry21.jpg

Rather than roughly $2 trillion in savings, the White House is now seeking a plan that would slash more than $4 trillion from annual budget deficits over the next decade, stabilize borrowing, and defuse the biggest budgetary time bombs that are set to explode as the cost of health care rises and the nation’s population ages.

I'm not buying it. It smells like bullshit to trick votes out of the right leaning moderates.

But we'll see.

Toss in the Bush tax cuts, add in some SS & Medicare "future" savings, add in the savings from ending two wars and bringing troops home, its easy...
Budget Puzzle: You Fix the Budget - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

But we'll see.

Yes. It would raise spending and then slash it 4B in years 9 and 10.
This is Obama's old trick.

Forum List

Back