Obama on Why GOP Routed Dems: “I Stopped Paying Attention”…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Washington (AP) – President Barack Obama is acknowledging in the wake of this week’s election rout that he hasn’t been able to successfully promote his economic-rescue message to anxious Americans.
Obama says in an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes” that he “stopped paying attention” to the leadership style he displayed during his run for the presidency.
Obama also said he recognizes now that “leadership is not just legislation,” and that “it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone. And making an argument that people can understand.”
“And I think that – we haven’t always been successful at that,” he said. “And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine closely as I go forward.”
The president recorded the interview, to be broadcast in full with CBS’s Steve Kroft on Sunday night, before leaving on a 10-day trip to Asia.
Obama said that’s the response he’s giving to “some of my Democratic supporters who express some frustration.”

Let's see:

non-stop vacations.................... check

54+ rounds of golf ......................check

BP oil spill response .....................check

Open borders .............................check

Turning Arizona over to the UN dogs check

(59%) of those who voted favor repeal of the national health care bill ((Rasmussen) .......check

Got it.........

lol...obama thinks he is god

what he is really saying is....i'm only a godly campaigner...i'm a lousy president, but i think i'm godlike because if i had used my godlike powers, the dems would still be in charge...

Washington (AP) – President Barack Obama is acknowledging in the wake of this week’s election rout that he hasn’t been able to successfully promote his economic-rescue message to anxious Americans.
Obama says in an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes” that he “stopped paying attention” to the leadership style he displayed during his run for the presidency.
Obama also said he recognizes now that “leadership is not just legislation,” and that “it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone. And making an argument that people can understand.”
“And I think that – we haven’t always been successful at that,” he said. “And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine closely as I go forward.”
The president recorded the interview, to be broadcast in full with CBS’s Steve Kroft on Sunday night, before leaving on a 10-day trip to Asia.
Obama said that’s the response he’s giving to “some of my Democratic supporters who express some frustration.”

Let's see:

non-stop vacations.................... check

54+ rounds of golf ......................check

BP oil spill response .....................check

Open borders .............................check

Turning Arizona over to the UN dogs check

(59%) of those who voted favor repeal of the national health care bill ((Rasmussen) .......check

Got it.........

Good post, Cappy...

Who recalls the warnings we tried to give our friends on the left, about 'on the job training,'?

Now for a trip down memory lane:

CBS Poll: Lack Of Experience Hurts Obama
More than half of voters (51 percent) think Obama, a first-term U.S. senator from Illinois, does not have the right kind of experience to be a good president, compared with 29 percent who think he does.

On the other hand, 59 percent of voters think Clinton, the former first lady and a two-term senator from New York, has the right experience, while 35 percent think she does not.
CBS Poll: Lack Of Experience Hurts Obama - CBS News

Let’s see the difference between intentions and actual competence to do the job:

Obama unveils $75B mortgage relief plan
Much-anticipated housing plan aims to help as many as 9 million famili

PHOENIX - Seeking to tackle “a crisis unlike any we’ve ever known,” President Barack Obama unveiled an ambitious $75 billion plan Wednesday to keep as many as 9 million Americans from losing their homes to foreclosure.
More expensive than expected, Obama’s plan aims to keep between 7 million and 9 million people from foreclosure. Of the nearly 52 million U.S. homeowners with a mortgage, about 13.8 million, or nearly 27 percent, owe more on their mortgage than their house is now worth, according to Moody’s Economy.com.

Headlining Obama’s plan is a $75 billion Homeowner Stability Initiative, which would provide a set of incentives to mortgage lenders in an effort to convince them to help up to 4 million borrowers on the verge of foreclosure. The goal: cut monthly mortgage payments to sustainable levels, defined as no more than 31 percent of a homeowners income. Funding would come from the $700 billion financial industry bailout passed by Congress last fall.
Obama unveils $75B mortgage relief plan - Business - Personal finance - Mortgage Mess - msnbc.com

U.S. Loan Effort Is Seen as Adding to Housing WoesThe Obama administration’s $75 billion program to protect homeowners from foreclosure has been widely pronounced a disappointment, and some economists and real estate experts now contend it has done more harm than good.Some experts argue the program has impeded economic recovery by delaying a wrenching yet cleansing process through which borrowers give up unaffordable homes and banks fully reckon with their disastrous bets on real estate, enabling money to flow more freely through the financial system.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/02/business/economy/02modify.html

he thinks he didn't communicate the issues the dems have pushed through. There is NO lack of communication, he aint struther martin..we get it.....to well.

He apparently has not learned a thing. he appear incapable of understanding that we understand completely. he doesn't like it, or, he doesn't care and is congenitally incapable of digesting the fact that he has failed to craft or that is help craft legislation that has bi partisan sppt. And, he won't change. not a chance.

He still thinks he knows what is good for us. If only we would stop clinging to thins so bitterly. All we have to do is let go and he will magically make us happy.

So when he says things like " Leadership is a matter of persuading people" and " Making an arguement people can understand". "We haven't always been good at that". This makes me think this bozo is just thick headed. No, it's not that the voters didn't get the message (or that they are just too stupid to understand it)...we didn't LIKE it.

God, he is such an arrogant ass.

obama-smoking-pot.jpg

Forum List

Back