Obama on the second amendment

That's just silly. You are biased (I'm guessing) by thinking Bush is a wonderful president. I doubt you intentionally set out to have those biases or act on the intentionally in every situation.

I have not seen Allie claim Bush was a wonderful President. I could be wrong. Almost no one on this board believes that. We do however believe that he did and continues to a dam sight better then Kerry could have.

I have not seen Allie claim Bush was a wonderful President. I could be wrong. Almost no one on this board believes that. We do however believe that he did and continues to a dam sight better then Kerry could have.

Fair enough. But I think I made my point even if I misconstrued Allie's position.

No, I've been terribly disappointed by Bush. I know I could have been more successful. If only I could get a little campaign fund together.....hint hint.

Irrelevant statement of the obvious. Way to got Ravi you bastion of intellectual insight! :rofl:

Actually its quite relevant.

And no, Reuters doesn't hire reporters to be biased. They aren't biased on purpose, thats asinine.

You say that as though you're denying that it happens, and it really does happen. It's not just a theory. Reporters are not immune to corruption, and news networks have certainly been guilty of intentionally slanting the news. Do you remember what CNN was like 3 years ago?

I remember. Because there was such an outcry (not to mention sinking ratings as people turned en masse to Fox) they have almost completely turned it around. That tells me the public was right, CNN was intentionally biased, and when they realized they couldn't get away with it and keep their viewers, they changed.

Now I can actually watch it and feel fairly confident at least I'm getting REAL news most of the time. I've no doubt there's still some bias and there's as much intentional bias as certain producers can get away with...but overall, it's ok. I miss Fox (which in the meantime has swung a little away from being completely "fair and balanced" and now appears to be on about the same footing as CNN...though without the shitty track record). But at least they're presenting (for the most part) the NEWS instead of somebody's interpretation of what they think we should be seeing.

Now if the BBC and NPR could get their acts together, we'd be ok.

The same cure applies to stereotypes based on ignorance.

Gunny decrees that education is a cure for ignorance!!

My my, I guess whoever said you have a marine-like deathgrip on the obvious must've known what they were talking about.

In related news, Gunny also decrees that water is a cure for thirst and food is a cure for hunger. :cool:

Gunny decrees that education is a cure for ignorance!!

My my, I guess whoever said you have a marine-like deathgrip on the obvious must've known what they were talking about.

In related news, Gunny also decrees that water is a cure for thirst and food is a cure for hunger. :cool:

Rednecks are not ,as used in this thread, all ignorant hicks. In fact few are that self identify with the term. But then you elite types wouldn't know since you are all to busy thumbing your nose at the rest of America.

Rednecks are not ,as used in this thread, all ignorant hicks. In fact few are that self identify with the term. But then you elite types wouldn't know since you are all to busy thumbing your nose at the rest of America.

I'm no elitist. I just know I'm better than you. :cool:

That's all well and good I suppose as long as you realize that there is a cure for redneckedness...and it's called education. :cool:

I'm educated. I still like guns and religion. I'm southern and I speak with a fairly deep accent. Does that make me a redneck? Alliebaba was not describing rednecks she was describing southerners, so you are both wrong. Is there a cure for southern?

Forum List

Back