Obama on the flag? Seriously?

I don't believe it is illegal either.

I would agree it is in bad taste.

I did go to the link that someone provided earlier and it did have a remark there that I think is worth noting. I'm going to paraphrase it first and then go back and find the actual link and quote.

Basically, they said, they are going to continue to sell it, there is nothing illegal about it and it is ironic that those vets who fought for the freedom of speech in this country have an issue with this flag.

They make a damned good point.

Immie
Those vets also fought for THEIR freedom of speech, you know.

Good for them practicing it.

And your point is?

My point is exactly what I wrote.

.... Did I say that the vets were wrong?

Did I say you did???????

.... No, maybe you have not read the thread? I don't like the "flag" at all. I think it is disgusting and anti-American and something that I would expect from some liberals who do not seem to care all that much about this country.

I do not know nor do I believe that President Obama had a part in producing the flag.

But, one thing I do believe is that if I, or you, want to have my/our right to free speech protected, I must protect the rights of people with whom I disagree.

Immie

You read a hell of a lot into my comment that simply was not there.

:doubt:

Palin autographs the flag

article-1322627-0BB5F522000005DC-743_468x286.jpg

We know you on the left don't see a thing wrong with having the STATES (stars) on the flag removed and Your DEAR LEADERS face put in it's place..

so carry on with your pettiness.

And?

The laws relating to the flag of the United States of America are found in detail in the United States Code. Title 4, Chapter 1 pertains to the flag; Title 18, Chapter 33, Section 700 regards criminal penalties for flag desecration; Title 36, Chapter 3 pertains to patriotic customs and observances. These laws were supplemented by Executive Orders and Presidential Proclamations

LINK

One thing to put the flag on a tee shirt
tie it on the car antennae,autograph it,
use it to put a slogan on it.
Yeh freedom of speech,I get the whole thing.
But to put the image of a sitting President on it
or to put any President on it is un friggin real....

Only with the dopes that have such a love affair with a man
they are raising to God like status....is this possible.
Did someone think this was a good idea?

This is just plain scary...:cuckoo:

Those vets also fought for THEIR freedom of speech, you know.

Good for them practicing it.

And your point is?

My point is exactly what I wrote.

.... Did I say that the vets were wrong?

Did I say you did???????

.... No, maybe you have not read the thread? I don't like the "flag" at all. I think it is disgusting and anti-American and something that I would expect from some liberals who do not seem to care all that much about this country.

I do not know nor do I believe that President Obama had a part in producing the flag.

But, one thing I do believe is that if I, or you, want to have my/our right to free speech protected, I must protect the rights of people with whom I disagree.

Immie

You read a hell of a lot into my comment that simply was not there.

:doubt:

My apologies, I thought you were arguing against my point that even these flag sellers had a right to free speech.

Immie

And?

The laws relating to the flag of the United States of America are found in detail in the United States Code. Title 4, Chapter 1 pertains to the flag; Title 18, Chapter 33, Section 700 regards criminal penalties for flag desecration; Title 36, Chapter 3 pertains to patriotic customs and observances. These laws were supplemented by Executive Orders and Presidential Proclamations

LINK

does the desecration part specifically state writing on the flag is desecration?

Needless to say, the right’s ‘outrage’ has only to do with their hatred of Obama, having nothing to do with the flag.

You're full of shit..I don't want to see ANY Presidents face on an American flag in that way..

that made me ILL..

Has anyone found a link to info on where Obama stands on the flags?

:dunno: Does he even know about them?

And?

LINK

does the desecration part specifically state writing on the flag is desecration?

Desecration, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I personally find what she is doing in bad taste, but I don't see a prosecuting attorney from either political persuasion bored enough take it up.

And?

LINK

Not that I can tell...but they do talk about the POTUS may decree rules regarding the law...and since GW Bush signed one?

I see no problem...

Needless to say, the right’s ‘outrage’ has only to do with their hatred of Obama, having nothing to do with the flag.

You're full of shit..I don't want to see ANY Presidents face on an American flag in that way..

that made me ILL..

He'd be a fool to publicly support it...and I highly doubt that he privately supports it.

We know you on the left don't see a thing wrong with having the STATES (stars) on the flag removed and Your DEAR LEADERS face put in it's place..

Even Bush signed one...

bushsignsflag.gif

Autographing the political event souvenir flag I find in better taste than the display flag that Palin is signing. The one from Bush will be worth more too, because he was elected.

Even Bush signed one...

bushsignsflag.gif

Autographing the political event souvenir flag I find in better taste than the display flag that Palin is signing. The one from Bush will be worth more too, because he was elected.

A flag is a flag no matter the size...get it yet?

that made me ILL..

He'd be a fool to publicly support it...and I highly doubt that he privately supports it.

:iagree:

I wouldn't think this was getting any kind of acknowledgement from his campaign or him... which makes me even more curious if he's seen them.

Yeah, I've seen those. Their excuse for the second is the image was reversed. Yeah, right. Obozo is the sorriest excuse for an American I've yet seen and he has never been, is not now, and will NEVER BE qualified for the office of President of the United States of America. And his acolytes who see fit to idolize him, as demonstrated his "presidential seal" and this flag, are some of the lowest scum I can imagine.

Not so. Do the Obama's wear wedding bands on the right hand? ;)

I didn't say I agreed, it's just the argument used to defend such ignorance. And who knows, since they are total globalists, and Europeans tend to wear wedding bands on their right hands, maybe they do.

I wouldn't think it illegal, because technically it's not an American Flag, it's a caricature of Obama in a striped frame.

Definitely poor taste and, IMHO, stupid.

I did go to the link that someone provided earlier and it did have a remark there that I think is worth noting. I'm going to paraphrase it first and then go back and find the actual link and quote.

Basically, they said, they are going to continue to sell it, there is nothing illegal about it and it is ironic that those vets who fought for the freedom of speech in this country have an issue with this flag.

The USA Flag with President Barack Obama's face on it. NOTE: We have recently been threatened by people who demand we take this flag down. Some of these people claim to be veterans who fought for our freedom and are offended by it. It is ironic that one freedom they fought for was the freedom of speech and expression. Being an American means you can do and say what you please and that even unpopular expression and speech are protected.

Immie

Very little in the way of speech is actually dangerous, the only example to come to mind is along the lines of yelling "FIRE!!" in a theater just for grins.

:dunno: Who is the more disrespectful in the Obama flag case... the sellers, or their market?

More disrespectful? Can you put a value on their disrespect?

In the case of the article in the OP, I would say Ms. Hurlbert was extremely disrespectful.

The producers of the flag are disrespectful. Those who sell it are disrespectful and those who fly it are disrespectful. Those who purchase it may or may not be disrespectful. Would it be disrespectful to purchase it for the sole purpose of burning it?

It is not an American Flag, but it may very well be an article of religious worship. :D

Immie

Even Bush signed one...

bushsignsflag.gif

I still find it more acceptable to sign the little one than the display size.

Just my humble opinion....

You wanna fight, or drink a brew to our land of many individuals with all their opinions and baggage? :beer:

I still find it more acceptable to sign the little one than the display size.

Just my humble opinion....

You wanna fight, or drink a brew to our land of many individuals with all their opinions and baggage? :beer:
Fine with me.

As long as those flags don't fly in public I see no problem with signing them

We were talking of flags on display...flown in public.

I find the where Obama's picture placed in the blue field where the 50 Stars that represent the States (and subsequently the people), to be quite hideous...and wrong.

It's disrespectful.

Don't know if it's legal or not, but it's clearly in bad taste.

I wouldn't think it illegal, because technically it's not an American Flag, it's a caricature of Obama in a striped frame.

Definitely poor taste and, IMHO, stupid.

The USA Flag with President Barack Obama's face on it. NOTE: We have recently been threatened by people who demand we take this flag down. Some of these people claim to be veterans who fought for our freedom and are offended by it. It is ironic that one freedom they fought for was the freedom of speech and expression. Being an American means you can do and say what you please and that even unpopular expression and speech are protected.

Immie

It is, however, a point that they make only when it is directed at conservative opposition. Otherwise, freedom of speech needs to be stifled, i.e. recent Rush Limbaugh comments ref: one outspoken feminist.

Forum List

Back