Obama on the flag? Seriously?

I actually think it's a bit scary that someone would actually do something like that. It shows that a certain cross section of Americans just don't understand what the country is about, it goes against everything it's ever stood for, and what men have fought and died for.

If the Star Spangled Banner doesn't stir something deep, you're doing it wrong.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPKp29Luryc]Star Spangled Banner lyrics vocals and beautiful photos - YouTube[/ame]

I was able to find a US flag made in the US (but the pole was made in China). But yeah it is hard to find one...very sad. Mine was made in one of the Carolinas (can't recall which one off the top of my head).

As for the Obama US flag-it's not in good taste. But I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

-The lady removed it after looking up the flag code.

-I guarantee that most people who fly the flag have violated the code before. If you don't bring it in at night (unless it has a light on it), leave it out during the rain/snow/hail/etc.-you're violating the code. There's plenty of provisions to it.

-None of them are law (to my knowledge), just good taste.

Anyways in short: it was flying underneath the regular US flag. It was taken down when the lady realized it was against flag code. I don't see what the big deal on either side is. Big deal. Move on. There are much more important issues in our country.

That reminds me, I need to stop by the 7th day adventist church and talk to them. They have a whole row of flags some other countries with our flag flying higher and in the middle, no problem, but they leave it up all the time and it's not lit at night.

It's more than in bad taste, it is a sign, signal and symptom of the obama dictatorship where obama is the country and the country is obama. Dissent to the man is treason to the country.

“We want to do it in our own time and we’ll check it out.”

There were two flags, the one with Obama's likeness was below the Stars and Stripes - that should be legal ...

Don't know if it's legal or not, but it's clearly in bad taste.

I wouldn't think it illegal, because technically it's not an American Flag, it's a caricature of Obama in a striped frame.

Definitely poor taste and, IMHO, stupid.

Actually knew of them. It was more of an experiment. I needed a new flag for my front wall, so I went store to store to find one made in the USA. Took 2 days.

Ah ha... :clap2:

Would be an interesting thing to do with my daughters... would definately make the point.

I actually took the made in china flags up the cashier and told them never would I purchase an American flag made overseas and they should take that crap off their shelves. Didn't listen to me though...but hey, at least I tried.
It's just as hard finding clothing made in the USA. At least that I can afford.

Battleflag.bmp

Last edited:
There were two flags, the one with Obama's likeness was below the Stars and Stripes - that should be legal ...

I wouldn't think it illegal, because technically it's not an American Flag, it's a caricature of Obama in a striped frame.

I don't believe it is illegal either.

I would agree it is in bad taste.

I did go to the link that someone provided earlier and it did have a remark there that I think is worth noting. I'm going to paraphrase it first and then go back and find the actual link and quote.

Basically, they said, they are going to continue to sell it, there is nothing illegal about it and it is ironic that those vets who fought for the freedom of speech in this country have an issue with this flag.

The USA Flag with President Barack Obama's face on it. NOTE: We have recently been threatened by people who demand we take this flag down. Some of these people claim to be veterans who fought for our freedom and are offended by it. It is ironic that one freedom they fought for was the freedom of speech and expression. Being an American means you can do and say what you please and that even unpopular expression and speech are protected.

They make a damned good point.

Immie

Last edited:

I did go to the link that someone provided earlier and it did have a remark there that I think is worth noting. I'm going to paraphrase it first and then go back and find the actual link and quote.

Basically, they said, they are going to continue to sell it, there is nothing illegal about it and it is ironic that those vets who fought for the freedom of speech in this country have an issue with this flag.

Immie
Those vets also fought for THEIR freedom of speech, you know.

Good for them practicing it.

Needless to say, the right’s ‘outrage’ has only to do with their hatred of Obama, having nothing to do with the flag.

You're full of shit..I don't want to see ANY Presidents face on an American flag in that way..

that made me ILL..

Immie
Those vets also fought for THEIR freedom of speech, you know.

Good for them practicing it.

And your point is?

Did I say that the vets were wrong? No, maybe you have not read the thread? I don't like the "flag" at all. I think it is disgusting and anti-American and something that I would expect from some liberals who do not seem to care all that much about this country.

I do not know nor do I believe that President Obama had a part in producing the flag.

But, one thing I do believe is that if I, or you, want to have my/our right to free speech protected, I must protect the rights of people with whom I disagree.

Immie

Last edited:

The USA Flag with President Barack Obama's face on it. NOTE: We have recently been threatened by people who demand we take this flag down. Some of these people claim to be veterans who fought for our freedom and are offended by it. It is ironic that one freedom they fought for was the freedom of speech and expression. Being an American means you can do and say what you please and that even unpopular expression and speech are protected.

Immie

Very little in the way of speech is actually dangerous, the only example to come to mind is along the lines of yelling "FIRE!!" in a theater just for grins.

:dunno: Who is the more disrespectful in the Obama flag case... the sellers, or their market?

Forum List

Back