Obama on the flag? Seriously?

I actually think it's a bit scary that someone would actually do something like that. It shows that a certain cross section of Americans just don't understand what the country is about, it goes against everything it's ever stood for, and what men have fought and died for.

It just goes along with the "messiah" metaphor associated with Obama from the day he was elected. A kind of unhealthy hero worship based on nothing more than non specific 'hope' and getting caught up in an emotional mob mentality. As Fuel Rod pointed out, such is common in nations that idolize and are required to worship their leaders so you see huge posters exhibiting the leader's photograph and statues and their face imprinted on the flag, etc. everywhere.

And I think that is why this particular image was so chillling to some of us.

Is Obama aware of it? Who knows. Probably he isn't or at least wasn't until this one hit the national media. But has it been done with any other President? I don't know that either, but I don't recall it happening before. But the idea of freedom loving Americans sliding into that kind of mentality is scary.

You seem like a nice person and have a nice atmosphere in your "coffee shop"....but you are way to easily impressed. Have you any idea how OPPOSED that liberals are to anything even resembling a fucking dictatorship? I can assure you, that liberal Americans will be AHEAD OF YOU in fighting any asshole that seeks to usurp our rights. There ARE NO LIBERAL SHEEP.

Then you liberals should police their own. Otherwise, it will be guilt by association.

obamaflag2640.jpg

:wtf:

Yeah...goofy. Like those Native American or Harley Davidson versions I've seen.

They flying those at Democratic Headquarters these days?

I was able to find a US flag made in the US (but the pole was made in China). But yeah it is hard to find one...very sad. Mine was made in one of the Carolinas (can't recall which one off the top of my head).

As for the Obama US flag-it's not in good taste. But I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

-The lady removed it after looking up the flag code.

-I guarantee that most people who fly the flag have violated the code before. If you don't bring it in at night (unless it has a light on it), leave it out during the rain/snow/hail/etc.-you're violating the code. There's plenty of provisions to it.

-None of them are law (to my knowledge), just good taste.

Anyways in short: it was flying underneath the regular US flag. It was taken down when the lady realized it was against flag code. I don't see what the big deal on either side is. Big deal. Move on. There are much more important issues in our country.

the big deal has to do with infatuation....not the flag itself.

The freaking guy is a politician....he is not an icon.

Don't tell Democrats that. They will Tar and Feather you.

Immie

Yet democrats didnt mind creating an Obama song for the kiddies to sing and couldnt wait to name an elementary school after him.. Thankfully that school closed.

In all fairness there are millions of Republicans who are (still) completely infatuated with Reagan.

As for an elementary school named after him....there are elementary schools all over the nation named after presidents. It would probably be hard to find a president (other than maybe WHH), who doesn't have a school named them. Around me alone (if you include middle and high schools) there's: Cleveland, Roosevelt, Buchanan, Adams, Eisenhower, Monroe, Madison, Pierce, Van Buren, Jefferson. 1-2 of these may not be named after the respective president (I didn't look into it that in depth), but the majority most likely are.

I'm not a Democrat, and will not be voting for Obama. But each side has their share of people who become infatuated with their leader(s)-not just the left. It's a waste of time concentrating on these miniscule issues than the other issues at large.

How many of them had schools named for them while they were still President?

To me, it is a bit pretentious to name a school after someone while they are still President.

It just seems inappropriate to me.

Immie

Every other president respected this Nation and the Flag that represents it. This president has frequently demonstrated how much he despises this Nation and its Flag, in both word and deed. He is so totally unworthy of the office he holds. Oh, yeah, it's his own camp that keeps bringing up his race.

anthem.jpg

Wronghand-1.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I've seen those. Their excuse for the second is the image was reversed. Yeah, right. Obozo is the sorriest excuse for an American I've yet seen and he has never been, is not now, and will NEVER BE qualified for the office of President of the United States of America. And his acolytes who see fit to idolize him, as demonstrated his "presidential seal" and this flag, are some of the lowest scum I can imagine.

Not so. Do the Obama's wear wedding bands on the right hand? ;)

I was able to find a US flag made in the US (but the pole was made in China). But yeah it is hard to find one...very sad. Mine was made in one of the Carolinas (can't recall which one off the top of my head).

As for the Obama US flag-it's not in good taste. But I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

-The lady removed it after looking up the flag code.

-I guarantee that most people who fly the flag have violated the code before. If you don't bring it in at night (unless it has a light on it), leave it out during the rain/snow/hail/etc.-you're violating the code. There's plenty of provisions to it.

-None of them are law (to my knowledge), just good taste.

Anyways in short: it was flying underneath the regular US flag. It was taken down when the lady realized it was against flag code. I don't see what the big deal on either side is. Big deal. Move on. There are much more important issues in our country.

Don't tell Democrats that. They will Tar and Feather you.

Immie

We would? Seriously?

Every other president respected this Nation and the Flag that represents it. This president has frequently demonstrated how much he despises this Nation and its Flag, in both word and deed. He is so totally unworthy of the office he holds. Oh, yeah, it's his own camp that keeps bringing up his race.

anthem.jpg

Wronghand-1.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I've seen those. Their excuse for the second is the image was reversed. Yeah, right. Obozo is the sorriest excuse for an American I've yet seen and he has never been, is not now, and will NEVER BE qualified for the office of President of the United States of America. And his acolytes who see fit to idolize him, as demonstrated his "presidential seal" and this flag, are some of the lowest scum I can imagine.

Yo IMMIE!

You think the pic with the left hands on heart is reality?

How about it/

Not so. Do the Obama's wear wedding bands on the right hand? ;)

He really does look like it pains him.. or he lost his corn cob.. somewhere unmentionable. whatever.

I wonder if Mrs. Hurlbert realizes that she probably just cost the President a few veteran votes.

Immie

Why?

Well, first and foremost, she basically spat in the face of the one who brought this issue to the forefront. She was downright rude, if you ask me. She showed absolutely no respect for the United States of America, its flag or the veterans who have defended this country.

That is just off the top of my head.

Immie

Last election the democrat darling was Che Guevara and it was his face plastered over the DNC headquarters.

Actually knew of them. It was more of an experiment. I needed a new flag for my front wall, so I went store to store to find one made in the USA. Took 2 days.

Ah ha... :clap2:

Would be an interesting thing to do with my daughters... would definately make the point.

I actually took the made in china flags up the cashier and told them never would I purchase an American flag made overseas and they should take that crap off their shelves. Didn't listen to me though...but hey, at least I tried.

This is just disgusting.
Perhaps to a partisan republican.

"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."

In Lake County and on USMB.

Hurlbert said she intends to contact an attorney regarding the matter and remained non-committal as to whether she'll fly the flag again.

"I won't say no and I won't say yes," she said. "We want to find out what our legal rights are."

Your ‘legal rights’ are that the flag is protected free speech and the Florida statute is just as un-Constitutional as the Federal legislation that was struck down by the Supreme Court:

Although Congress cast the Flag Protection Act in somewhat broader terms than the Texas statute at issue in Johnson, the Act still suffers from the same fundamental flaw: it suppresses expression out of concern for its likely communicative impact. Despite the Act's wider scope, its restriction on expression cannot be "‘justified without reference to the content of the regulated speech.'"

“If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable.”

Punishing desecration of the flag dilutes the very freedom that makes this emblem so revered, and worth revering.

United States v. Eichman

I actually think it's a bit scary that someone would actually do something like that. It shows that a certain cross section of Americans just don't understand what the country is about, it goes against everything it's ever stood for, and what men have fought and died for.

Fortunately the Constitution disagrees with you.

Descretion of the flag is a crime. That is what this is.

No, it is not a crime.

Forum List

Back