Obama on the flag? Seriously?

“We want to do it in our own time and we’ll check it out.”

There were two flags, the one with Obama's likeness was below the Stars and Stripes - that should be legal ...

I was able to find a US flag made in the US (but the pole was made in China). But yeah it is hard to find one...very sad. Mine was made in one of the Carolinas (can't recall which one off the top of my head).

As for the Obama US flag-it's not in good taste. But I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

-The lady removed it after looking up the flag code.

-I guarantee that most people who fly the flag have violated the code before. If you don't bring it in at night (unless it has a light on it), leave it out during the rain/snow/hail/etc.-you're violating the code. There's plenty of provisions to it.

-None of them are law (to my knowledge), just good taste.

Anyways in short: it was flying underneath the regular US flag. It was taken down when the lady realized it was against flag code. I don't see what the big deal on either side is. Big deal. Move on. There are much more important issues in our country.

I'd find it much worse if it wasn't beneath the US flag, but it's weird nonetheless. I don't care for it.

It's funny that they threw in the "made in China" jab at the end, as if this is a rare occurrence for anything.

It took me days to find a US flag, MADE in the US.

Valley Forge Flags

I know I can easily find MADE IN USA US flags online. I was testing how easy it was to find them in stores.

I was able to find a US flag made in the US (but the pole was made in China). But yeah it is hard to find one...very sad. Mine was made in one of the Carolinas (can't recall which one off the top of my head).

As for the Obama US flag-it's not in good taste. But I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

-I guarantee that most people who fly the flag have violated the code before. If you don't bring it in at night (unless it has a light on it), leave it out during the rain/snow/hail/etc.-you're violating the code. There's plenty of provisions to it.

Anyways in short: it was flying underneath the regular US flag. It was taken down when the lady realized it was against flag code. I don't see what the big deal on either side is. Big deal. Move on. There are much more important issues in our country.

the big deal has to do with infatuation....not the flag itself.

The freaking guy is a politician....he is not an icon.

Yet democrats didnt mind creating an Obama song for the kiddies to sing and couldnt wait to name an elementary school after him.. Thankfully that school closed.

Yet democrats didnt mind creating an Obama song for the kiddies to sing and couldnt wait to name an elementary school after him.. Thankfully that school closed.

In all fairness there are millions of Republicans who are (still) completely infatuated with Reagan.

As for an elementary school named after him....there are elementary schools all over the nation named after presidents. It would probably be hard to find a president (other than maybe WHH), who doesn't have a school named them. Around me alone (if you include middle and high schools) there's: Cleveland, Roosevelt, Buchanan, Adams, Eisenhower, Monroe, Madison, Pierce, Van Buren, Jefferson. 1-2 of these may not be named after the respective president (I didn't look into it that in depth), but the majority most likely are.

I'm not a Democrat, and will not be voting for Obama. But each side has their share of people who become infatuated with their leader(s)-not just the left. It's a waste of time concentrating on these miniscule issues than the other issues at large.

In all fairness there are millions of Republicans who are (still) completely infatuated with Reagan.

As for an elementary school named after him....there are elementary schools all over the nation named after presidents. It would probably be hard to find a president (other than maybe WHH), who doesn't have a school named them. Around me alone (if you include middle and high schools) there's: Cleveland, Roosevelt, Buchanan, Adams, Eisenhower, Monroe, Madison, Pierce, Van Buren, Jefferson. 1-2 of these may not be named after the respective president (I didn't look into it that in depth), but the majority most likely are.

I'm not a Democrat, and will not be voting for Obama. But each side has their share of people who become infatuated with their leader(s)-not just the left. It's a waste of time concentrating on these miniscule issues than the other issues at large.

True, but did that accompany an immediate renaming as was the case here? Did they immediately create a Reagen song.

Your turn sir.

from the OP link...
"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."
Did she just pull the race card?

Yeah, that is such crap... "leads me to believe" blah blah

Has any other president ever done that...?

Every other president respected this Nation and the Flag that represents it. This president has frequently demonstrated how much he despises this Nation and its Flag, in both word and deed. He is so totally unworthy of the office he holds. Oh, yeah, it's his own camp that keeps bringing up his race.

from the OP link...

you can't blame Obama for this, as he had nothing to do with it. Someone sells them online, and sent her one, and she flew it, not knowing or caring about the fact it wasn't kosher with established flag code.

Alright then, has any other president sat by with his feet on the Resolute desk and allowed such things to pass un-condemned?

This has nothing at all to with President Obama. Not that that fact will stop the nutty rw's from dragging him through their pig sty.

Wonder where you can buy it online? That would seem to be the next logical step.

from the OP link...

Every other president respected this Nation and the Flag that represents it. This president has frequently demonstrated how much he despises this Nation and its Flag, in both word and deed. He is so totally unworthy of the office he holds. Oh, yeah, it's his own camp that keeps bringing up his race.

anthem.jpg

Wronghand-1.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

I actually think it's a bit scary that someone would actually do something like that. It shows that a certain cross section of Americans just don't understand what the country is about, it goes against everything it's ever stood for, and what men have fought and died for.

It just goes along with the "messiah" metaphor associated with Obama from the day he was elected. A kind of unhealthy hero worship based on nothing more than non specific 'hope' and getting caught up in an emotional mob mentality. As Fuel Rod pointed out, such is common in nations that idolize and are required to worship their leaders so you see huge posters exhibiting the leader's photograph and statues and their face imprinted on the flag, etc. everywhere.

And I think that is why this particular image was so chillling to some of us.

Is Obama aware of it? Who knows. Probably he isn't or at least wasn't until this one hit the national media. But has it been done with any other President? I don't know that either, but I don't recall it happening before. But the idea of freedom loving Americans sliding into that kind of mentality is scary.

You seem like a nice person and have a nice atmosphere in your "coffee shop"....but you are way to easily impressed. Have you any idea how OPPOSED that liberals are to anything even resembling a fucking dictatorship? I can assure you, that liberal Americans will be AHEAD OF YOU in fighting any asshole that seeks to usurp our rights. There ARE NO LIBERAL SHEEP.

anthem.jpg

Wronghand-1.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I've seen those. Their excuse for the second is the image was reversed. Yeah, right. Obozo is the sorriest excuse for an American I've yet seen and he has never been, is not now, and will NEVER BE qualified for the office of President of the United States of America. And his acolytes who see fit to idolize him, as demonstrated his "presidential seal" and this flag, are some of the lowest scum I can imagine.

Forum List

Back