Obama On Pace To Borrow $6.2T...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That $6.2 trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.

In fact, the U.S. national debt did not eclipse the $6.195 trillion level—the amount Obama is on pace to increase it in one term—until August 19, 2002, during President George W. Bush’s second year of office.

The national debt was $10.6 trillion ($10,626,877,048,913.08) on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated. As of the close of business on Jan. 11, 2012, it was $15.2 trillion ($15,236,307,075,631.58.) In Obama’s first 1,087 days in office, the debt increased $4.6 trillion ($4,609,430,026,718.50)—or an increase of $4.24 billion ($4,240,506,004.34) per day.

At that daily rate, the debt would increase a total of $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) over the entire 1,461 days of Obama’s four year term.

At the close of business Aug. 19, 2002, the total national debt was $6.195 trillion.

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That $6.2 trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.

In fact, the U.S. national debt did not eclipse the $6.195 trillion level—the amount Obama is on pace to increase it in one term—until August 19, 2002, during President George W. Bush’s second year of office.

The national debt was $10.6 trillion ($10,626,877,048,913.08) on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated. As of the close of business on Jan. 11, 2012, it was $15.2 trillion ($15,236,307,075,631.58.) In Obama’s first 1,087 days in office, the debt increased $4.6 trillion ($4,609,430,026,718.50)—or an increase of $4.24 billion ($4,240,506,004.34) per day.

At that daily rate, the debt would increase a total of $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) over the entire 1,461 days of Obama’s four year term.

At the close of business Aug. 19, 2002, the total national debt was $6.195 trillion.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I like how you had to leave out George "W" Bush in your debt statistic.
Untidy truth?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Gee, looks like MOST of that spending was just fine when BUSH was doing it.
But now it's a problem. Kinda late to the game, and blaming the wrong guy, aren't you?

Last edited:
FLASHBACK: Obama Called Bush Debt Rise 'Unpatriotic.'

President Obama Thursday quietly notified Congress that the government needs another $1.2 trillion to continue operating.

That’s both irresponsible and unpatriotic of him.

How do I know? A presidential candidate named Obama told me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U]Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube[/ame]

The new borrowing requested by the CURRENT president would raise the debt ceiling to $16.4 trillion. The debt stood at $10.6 trillion when Obama took office. That’s an increase of $5.8 trillion, nearly $2 trillion more than the “unpatriotic” figure cited by Obama in the video.

Sure, a portion of the new debt is carryover from the Bush administration. But Obama can still be labeled utterly “irresponsible.” I’m not serious about the “unpatriotic” charge. I don’t call my president unpatriotic, though as you’ve noticed, some people will do that.

Obama has done nothing during his three years as president to address the central cause of the debt run up – the unsustainable increases in entitlement spending.

And he has actually worsened the deficit with a feckless $800 billion stimulus bill and a new $1 trillion health care entitlement.

So this is not the Bush deficit. It is the Obama deficit, and it’s threatening to ruin the country.

Obama Called Smaller Bush Debt Rise “Unpatriotic” | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

FLASHBACK: Obama Called Bush Debt Rise 'Unpatriotic.'

President Obama Thursday quietly notified Congress that the government needs another $1.2 trillion to continue operating.

That’s both irresponsible and unpatriotic of him.

How do I know? A presidential candidate named Obama told me.

Senator Obama calls Bush "unpatriotic" for adding trillions to debt www.RightFace.us - YouTube

The new borrowing requested by the CURRENT president would raise the debt ceiling to $16.4 trillion. The debt stood at $10.6 trillion when Obama took office. That’s an increase of $5.8 trillion, nearly $2 trillion more than the “unpatriotic” figure cited by Obama in the video.

Sure, a portion of the new debt is carryover from the Bush administration. But Obama can still be labeled utterly “irresponsible.” I’m not serious about the “unpatriotic” charge. I don’t call my president unpatriotic, though as you’ve noticed, some people will do that.

Obama has done nothing during his three years as president to address the central cause of the debt run up – the unsustainable increases in entitlement spending.

And he has actually worsened the deficit with a feckless $800 billion stimulus bill and a new $1 trillion health care entitlement.

So this is not the Bush deficit. It is the Obama deficit, and it’s threatening to ruin the country.

Obama Called Smaller Bush Debt Rise “Unpatriotic” | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Funny, we lose more in TAX FRAUD each year than the ENTIRE MEDICARE program and you're complaining about spending on our citizens? Golly, why aren't you more concerned about people who BREAK THE LAW and don't report their incomes? Kind of disingenuous of you to complain about spending but not complain about people who break the law, isn't it?

President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion

Notice how Pauli never says why this is bad. That's because he doesn't know.

Curious....

If I borrow money from Paul so I can give that money to Pauls father who is struggling...

Should I get credit for a job well done from Pauls father and should Paul thank me?

Just something I thought of as I was thinking about Obama and his request for more "obama money"

Curious....

If I borrow money from Paul so I can give that money to Pauls father who is struggling...

Should I get credit for a job well done from Pauls father and should Paul thank me?

Just something I thought of as I was thinking about Obama and his request for more "obama money"

Questions of morality have no place in conservative politics other than a way to create a smokescreen.

He wants another trillion dollars.

We can't afford that. There is only one outcome, an economy on a par with Zimbabwe.

We can't afford that. There is only one outcome, an economy on a par with Zimbabwe.

Before Obama entered office, the GOP President and the GOP Congress put in place certain laws and obligations that now must be paid.

If Obama does not get the debt increased, he can't pay those obligations and the Federal government essentially breaks the law and does not honour its contracts.

I'm sure many of you would love to see Obama in that position.

Curious....

Questions of morality have no place in conservative politics other than a way to create a smokescreen.

You seem to know how a conservative thinks and why he thinks that way.

Seeing as you have displayed a complete misunderstanding of the conservative ideology in many of your posts, I tend to doubt you have any idea how a conservative thinks.

So, in essence, you just commented on something you know nothing about.

Par for the course for you.

Isn't he awesome!?!? As if the national debt "That he also bitches about" is not bad enough, he wants to add to it!!!! Which is hwy the democrats have failed to pass a budget in over 3 years, because they cannot raise the debt ceiling to ridiculous proportions if a budget is passed.
how is all this hope and change working out for you guys?

President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion

The fact that we're here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Leadership means 'The buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit.

Barack Obama

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

He's running out of time, he only has a year left to collapse the system.

Before Obama entered office, the GOP President and the GOP Congress put in place certain laws and obligations that now must be paid.

If Obama does not get the debt increased, he can't pay those obligations and the Federal government essentially breaks the law and does not honour its contracts.

I'm sure many of you would love to see Obama in that position.

Booooooooooooooooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I like how you had to leave out George "W" Bush in your debt statistic.
Untidy truth?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Gee, looks like MOST of that spending was just fine when BUSH was doing it.
But now it's a problem. Kinda late to the game, and blaming the wrong guy, aren't you?

Doesn't take away from the fact that obama has spent 5 trillion in 3 years and is asking for over another trillion right now. Bush is no longer president, get over that.

So it's not 'Irresponsible & Unpatriotic' anymore? Gee,how convenient.

Last edited:

If our debt is above our GDP, it is bad, apparently you guys on the left cannot grasp that concept. And for obama to call Bush unpatriotic for the same shit he is now doing is a ding on his character. He blasted bush for spending 4 trillion in 8 years while he spent 5 trillion in 3 and is asking for another 1.2 trillion now. Do you not grasp the concept of the hypocrisy here? I know you guys in Wisconsin are isolated and all, but gods sakes that is no excuse for ignorance.

Forum List

Back