Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term

yeah we know, NOTHING is his fault..yet he hasn't saved us yet...even with ALL that monies he's spent...go figure

Well, one could say that he had stopped the economy from sliding further into depression!

The economy tanked in the fall of 2008 because everyone in the private sector has cut on spending (everyone and their banks had suddenly realized that they took too much of bad debt). If the government would cut its spending as well, it would make the crisis much worse.

The economists call it "the paradox of thrift" -- if everyone in the country decides to reduce their debt at the same time, the whole economy and everyone's income collapse. And in the end everyone's debt problem becomes worse.

wtf? if the Government CUT spending it would make the crisis much worse..

Yes, that is the basic arithmetic. You may hate Obama all you want, but 2+2 will always be 4, not 5.

and you guys and we were heading into a Depression...some say we are headed there now.
and some say everyone in the private sector cut spending was the RESULT of the Obama being elected..

Some may say whatever they want -- but it only matters if they can support their claims with data. At least this how it should be -- but then again, who would vote for Republicans if that were the case?

Last edited:
In other words Bush had bad debt but Obama has good debt right? And when a Republican returns to President it will suddenly be bad debt again, right?

You are making it too complicated, but it is really simple :) When the economy is underperforming, we have to return it to the full employment first. Then start reducing the deficits (like, BTW, Clinton did).

An underperforming economy reduces incomes for everyone, including the government, and it makes everyone's debt problem worse.

Well, one could say that he had stopped the economy from sliding further into depression!

The economy tanked in the fall of 2008 because everyone in the private sector has cut on spending (everyone and their banks had suddenly realized that they took too much of bad debt). If the government would cut its spending as well, it would make the crisis much worse.

The economists call it "the paradox of thrift" -- if everyone in the country decides to reduce their debt at the same time, the whole economy and everyone's income collapse. And in the end everyone's debt problem becomes worse.

wtf? if the Government CUT spending it would make the crisis much worse..

Yes, that is the basic arithmetic. You may hate Obama all you want, but 2+2 will always be 4, not 5.

and you guys and we were heading into a Depression...some say we are headed there now.
and some say everyone in the private sector cut spending was the RESULT of the Obama being elected..

Some may say whatever they want -- but it only matters if they can support their claims with data. At least this how it should be -- but then again, who would vote for Republicans if that were the case?

you mean like you did in your post above.? and aren't you just so cute.^^

You are making it too complicated, but it is really simple :) When the economy is underperforming, we have to return it to the full employment first. Then start reducing the deficits (like, BTW, Clinton did).

ROFL! The economy was already recovering when Clinton took office. His economic policy consisted of being in the right place at the right time. And when thing you don't do during a recession is raise taxes, which is exactly what Slick Willie did.

In short, just about everything you know about economics is wrong.

An under performing economy reduces incomes for everyone, including the government, and it makes everyone's debt problem worse.

Yeah, so that makes Obama's economic policies the ultimate in stupidity since they are undermining everything he claims to trying to accomplish.

Where's you data proving government spending can cure a recession?

Wonder how much that would be if we never had the Bush Tax cuts, the drugs for votes bill and the cost of tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq? Would we even be in debt? Good job GOP. And now you blame it on Obama. Remember, the Bush Tax cuts and the drugs for votes bill were both passed through reconciliation. Not a thing Democrats could do about it.

Remember which party held the Legislative branch until 2011, which included government programs like Obamacare, the Stimulus bill, Cash for Clunkers, Cash for Appliances, Home Forclosure bail-out spending (to name a few) and there was nothing the Republicans could do about it.

There was nothing republicans could do about it? Uh did you happen to forget that the super majority was lost when scott Brown was sworn in on Feb 4, 2010 and how the filibuster started getting overused by republicans intent on halting any movement in a positive direction so they could watch this country crumble in the hopes that they could use the dire situation to accomplish their primary goal of defeating obama in 2012?

Furthermore did you know that the dems didn't even gain the super majority until Arlen spector switched parties on April 28, 2009?

So for all of this talk about dems and 2 years the fact is that they only had the super majority for roughly 9 months and the rest of the time they had to deal with with filibuster and republicans who would rather see obama get the blame than get this country out of this economic mess.

Seems to me that you need to get your fact straight. Kind of like your bogus claim about the airlines not taking a bailout after 9/11 when they did

In other words Bush had bad debt but Obama has good debt right? And when a Republican returns to President it will suddenly be bad debt again, right?

An underperforming economy reduces incomes for everyone, including the government, and it makes everyone's debt problem worse.

no its not that simple, you are not addressing the comment you quoted.

and so tell us, how do we return to full employment....

Wonder how much that would be if we never had the Bush Tax cuts, the drugs for votes bill and the cost of tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq? Would we even be in debt? Good job GOP. And now you blame it on Obama. Remember, the Bush Tax cuts and the drugs for votes bill were both passed through reconciliation. Not a thing Democrats could do about it.

Remember which party held the Legislative branch until 2011, which included government programs like Obamacare, the Stimulus bill, Cash for Clunkers, Cash for Appliances, Home Forclosure bail-out spending (to name a few) and there was nothing the Republicans could do about it.

There was nothing republicans could do about it? Uh did you happen to forget that the super majority was lost when scott Brown was sworn in on Feb 4, 2010 and how the filibuster started getting overused by republicans intent on halting any movement in a positive direction so they could watch this country crumble in the hopes that they could use the dire situation to accomplish their primary goal of defeating obama in 2012?

Furthermore did you know that the dems didn't even gain the super majority until Arlen spector switched parties on April 28, 2009?

So for all of this talk about dems and 2 years the fact is that they only had the super majority for roughly 9 months and the rest of the time they had to deal with with filibuster and republicans who would rather see obama get the blame than get this country out of this economic mess.

Seems to me that you need to get your fact straight. Kind of like your bogus claim about the airlines not taking a bailout after 9/11 when they did

ONLY 10 months...yes, only.....:lol:

we are well aware and you are aware that having that supra majority for 10 months gave you ala obama care the power to what you wished....like create a yearly budget ( which doesn't require a supra majority btw) , but that got passed by for 2 years....why is that btw?

oh and please list the bills, votes ala these filibusters the republicans have engaged in since that cloture proof majority was lost...thank you in advance.

sigh..... here's the full quote full auto, and the context and correct date, it was not march

On July 14, 2009, in a speech at Macomb Community College in Warren, Mich., Barack Obama veered off his prepared remarks to take a shot at some of the "it's Obama's economy" critics to arrogantly say:
''I love those folks who helped get us in this mess, and suddenly they say, 'This is Obama's economy.' That's fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems, not stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe.''​

and the unemployment rate has gone from 10% down to 8.6% since then....I agree it has been slow in improvement, but improvement none the less, no?

In the past, the economy improved faster when the government did absolutely nothing. All of Obama's schemes have been counter productive. This has been the longest recession we've ever had, thanks to Obama.

What scemes?? Got anything specifics on any bills that have been allowed to pass the house in the last year since repubs took charge or how about anything that wasn't filibustered in the senate after scott brown was sworn in back in Feb of 2010 abd dems lost the super majority?? How much of what obama has proposed has actually made it through congress for the past two years??

US-National-Debt-GDP.gif

waste of time posting up that graph asshole..........the same one you post up 100 times/month.

Reality is 99% perception.

This is a POLITICS forum.........the majority know the score with the deficit spending in 2012 and nobody cares a rats ass about Reagan or Bush except the nutters.

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

I love blowing your shit up s0n...............or any naive fuck for that matter!!!:fu:

"Obama's spending addiction"

RealClearPolitics - Obama's Spending Addiction

Uh due to the fact that repubs have controlled the house and the purse strings for the last year why is it that you hold only obama and the left accountable for continued growth of the debt?

waste of time posting up that graph asshole..........the same one you post up 100 times/month.

This is a POLITICS forum.........the majority know the score with the deficit spending in 2012 and nobody cares a rats ass about Reagan or Bush except the nutters.

I love blowing your shit up s0n...............or any naive fuck for that matter!!!:fu:

Uh due to the fact that repubs have controlled the house and the purse strings for the last year why is it that you hold only obama and the left accountable for continued growth of the debt?

UHHH since the dems ran the House and senate since jan 2007 till jan 2011.......etc etc etc....now where are you?

ROFL! The economy was already recovering when Clinton took office.

I don't remember saying otherwise. I mentioned Clinton years as a right time to reduce the deficit -- you can do that at any moment when the FED rate is well above zero.

You must be joking. Every time the Repubs try to make cuts in the budget the Democrats throw a major temper tantrum and call any cut "extreme." The Dems have been demanding more spending, not less.

ROFL! The economy was already recovering when Clinton took office.

I don't remember saying otherwise. I mentioned Clinton years as a right time to reduce the deficit -- you can do that at any moment when the FED rate is well above zero.

You gave Clinton credit for the recovery, and that was a total lie. He also deserves no credit for reducing the deficit. The Republicans did that.

:lmao: Comical and very incorrect.

That is how you end up voting for republicans -- by learning to dismiss the facts and numbers.

If you had 50K coming into the household.....and one year you decided that you wanted to spruce up the house and pout all new windows and a new driveway in.
And the result was having to borrow money to pay your evryday bills.

Would you say it was a spending problem or a revenue problem?

Not if "you" decided to voluntarily cut your income and bring in 30K instead of 50K when the 50K would have made it easier to pay your bills and allowed you to borrow less to get the same work done.

Why would anyone do that?

no its not that simple, you are not addressing the comment you quoted.

Whatever you say, chief... I think that US should follow the right fiscal policy whether President is Democrat or Republican.

and so tell us, how do we return to full employment....

Well, we are going to return there eventually if we stay the course. We might have done this faster -- with bigger stimulus and help from FED (i.e. higher inflation target). But since Obama can't really communicate with the voters and generally is not very bright person, I do not expect any breakthroughs. We'll just have to suck it up for a few more years.

I don't think Romney, if elected, would make things worse -- he can lie to the Republican base all he needs, but he is not that dumb.

You gave Clinton credit for the recovery, and that was a total lie.

I did no such thing. You just cannot read, and what you can read you cannot comprehend. That is why you are voting Republican.

He also deserves no credit for reducing the deficit. The Republicans did that.

Right. And I stand by my diagnosis above.

ONLY 10 months...yes, only.....:lol:

we are well aware and you are aware that having that supra majority for 10 months gave you ala obama care the power to what you wished....like create a yearly budget ( which doesn't require a supra majority btw) , but that got passed by for 2 years....why is that btw?

oh and please list the bills, votes ala these filibusters the republicans have engaged in since that cloture proof majority was lost...thank you in advance.

WOW! the republicans mantra of "they had congress for two years and there was nothing republicans could do about it" is shot to shite and you act like admitting that the right is full of dishonest hacks is a good thing. LOL

April 29, 2009 to Feb 4, 2010 is not 10 months unless you do some hell of a round up.

Majority Does Not Rule in Filibuster-Filled 111th Congress - Josh Smith - NationalJournal.com

Filibusters skyrocket under Republican minority in 110th Congress. | ThinkProgress

If you want more proof go find it yourself. I am not doing your homework for you only to have you ignore it and pretend that it doesn't exist as is my experience with rightwingers on this board. If you want to know more then find it yourself.
Furthermore, I can't be the only person who has made these statements so my guess is that you have seen this evidence and others in the past and discarded them then as well.

Last edited:

UHHH since the dems ran the House and senate since jan 2007 till jan 2011.......etc etc etc....now where are you?

Way to cherry pick and avoid posts that you would like to pretend don't exist. LOL

BTW I never said that both weren't to blame did I?? Read my post again for the first time. Oops there goes your argument etc etc etc....now where are you?? LOL

Forum List

Back