Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term—More Than All Presidents from Washington Through Clinton Combined
By Terence P. Jeffrey

January 13, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That $6.2 trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.

In fact, the U.S. national debt did not eclipse the $6.195 trillion level—the amount Obama is on pace to increase it in one term—until August 19, 2002, during President George W. Bush’s second year of office.

The national debt was $10.6 trillion ($10,626,877,048,913.08) on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated. As of the close of business on Jan. 11, 2012, it was $15.2 trillion ($15,236,307,075,631.58.) In Obama’s first 1,087 days in office, the debt increased $4.6 trillion ($4,609,430,026,718.50)—or an increase of $4.24 billion ($4,240,506,004.34) per day.

At that daily rate, the debt would increase a total of $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) over the entire 1,461 days of Obama’s four year term.

At the close of business Aug. 19, 2002, the total national debt was $6.195 trillion.

There seems to be a dispute here...
I have seen a few posts the last few days
from our lefty friends stating that Reagan,the first Bush
and W.were the ones that put us in debt.
I guess their point was that Obama has not spent one more
penny then the government took in in revenue.

I don't know...someone is not presenting the truth here.

US-National-Debt-GDP.gif

Bush is making him do it! :lol:

Yes, actually. Government spending have not risen all that much during Obama presidency. But the government revenues shrank with the economy, and we know who was in the office when the recession had started. So Obama had no choice but to borrow in order to compensate for the lost revenue.

Yes, actually. Government spending have not risen all that much during Obama presidency. But the government revenues shrank with the economy, and we know who was in the office when the recession had started. So Obama had no choice but to borrow in order to compensate for the lost revenue.

1. Government spending has increased by 25% under Obama.
  2. Obama's fucked up economic policies are the reason we are still in a recession more than 3 years after he took office.

Wonder how much that would be if we never had the Bush Tax cuts, the drugs for votes bill and the cost of tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq? Would we even be in debt? Good job GOP. And now you blame it on Obama. Remember, the Bush Tax cuts and the drugs for votes bill were both passed through reconciliation. Not a thing Democrats could do about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

And Obama has personally made the recession worse. He's a failure.

How has Obama "personally" made the recession worse? And...a little credible proof would be nice...

"It's Not my Fault, Bush made me do it, Give me 4 more years and this time I will only add 4 Trillion more, I promise......Did I mention it's Bush's Fault?"

How has Obama "personally" made the recession worse? And...a little credible proof would be nice...

Dodd, Frank.... Obamacare

For starters. There is plenty of Credible proof of that, Especially if you are a small Business owner, Though I rather suspect you will deny and ignore it.

Forum List

Back