Obama on Middle East peace efforts: "This is just really hard"

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

Obama discusses his Middle East peace and Iran diplomatic efforts in an interview with Time's Joe Klein.

"I think it is absolutely true that what we did this year didn't produce the kind of breakthrough that we wanted and if we had anticipated some of these political problems on both sides earlier, we might not have raised expectations as high," Obama tells Klein.

And:

...I'll be honest with you. This is just really hard.

Obama on Middle East peace efforts: "This is just really hard" - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com

You're kidding, really? Kumbayah just won't cut it and bring about world peace?

Okay now that Obama has had his dose of reality what is plan B? This is just another example of how things are different in reality rather than meaningless rhetoric.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1938994 said:

Obama discusses his Middle East peace and Iran diplomatic efforts in an interview with Time's Joe Klein.

"I think it is absolutely true that what we did this year didn't produce the kind of breakthrough that we wanted and if we had anticipated some of these political problems on both sides earlier, we might not have raised expectations as high," Obama tells Klein.

And:

...I'll be honest with you. This is just really hard.

Obama on Middle East peace efforts: "This is just really hard" - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com

You're kidding, really? Kumbayah just won't cut it and bring about world peace?

Okay now that Obama has had his dose of reality what is plan B? This is just another example of how things are different in reality rather than meaningless rhetoric.

1. Tries to make Scott Rasmussen the new ‘McCarthy’

2. Sides with Chavez and Zelaya in Honduras, to allow lifetime dictatorships. The best part, with all his threat, he couldn’t even ‘bully’ poor, tiny Honduras.

3. Brazil Lula says whites caused mortgage meltdown, then he embraces Lula and chortles “I love this guy.”

4. Tries to silence the only free press around, Fox News, and has to back down because the other news services slap his wrist.

5. “Allies Under The Bus Strategy”
a. Israel and settlements
b. Pulls defensive missiles out of Poland in hopes of making nice with Putin: nuttin’ doin’
c. Sends Churchill bust back to Britain, and gives Brown a cd of ‘Obama’s greatest hits’

6. “In a surprise move, White House officials have asked Governor David Paterson to withdraw from running next year…”
www.WHEC.com - White House asks Governor Paterson not to run in next election
Governor Paterson bucks President Obama: I'm still going to run in 2010

Just one success after another!

Did we warn you about 'on the job training' and 'thin resume'?

[QUOTEObama on Middle East peace efforts: "This is just really hard"][/QUOTE

Well he actually learned something!

Incredible!

So you don't like it when he is honest now?
I think he didn't recycle a plastic bottle yesterday, maybe you can bitch about that for awhile. I also wonder if you bitched about what Bush was doing over there for six years, I will assume you did since you are bitching about Obama being there for one year.

Obama has this idea that all he needs to do is show up and instantly people will do what he wants.
It didnt work for the Olympics. It didnt work for Copenhagen. It didn't work in NJ. It didnt work in VA. It didnt work in MA. And it isn't working in the middle east.
How many times does this idiot need to see the same dynamic to figure out that the crowds in Berlin in 2008 aren't there anymore??

I think he didn't recycle a plastic bottle yesterday, maybe you can bitch about that for awhile. I also wonder if you bitched about what Bush was doing over there for six years, I will assume you did since you are bitching about Obama being there for one year.

Who is upset about him being honest? We are criticizing his arrogance to presume that he would just have to show up and everything would be handed to him. It's incredibly obvious that peace in the Middle East is not going to be easy. Especially when you are ignoring what's causing the tension to begin with.

Who is upset about him being honest? We are criticizing his arrogance to presume that he would just have to show up and everything would be handed to him. It's incredibly obvious that peace in the Middle East is not going to be easy. Especially when you are ignoring what's causing the tension to begin with.

I want to see proof of him acting as if everything will be handed to him? He made a comment and you guys ran with it, do you really think that he didn't think it would hard going into it? I think him taking time to figure out what is game plan in regards to the afghanistan, is proof he doesn't think he just needs to show up.
So why don't you guys something real to bitch about.

I want to see proof of him acting as if everything will be handed to him? He made a comment and you guys ran with it, do you really think that he didn't think it would hard going into it? I think him taking time to figure out what is game plan in regards to the afghanistan, is proof he doesn't think he just needs to show up.
So why don't you guys something real to bitch about.

Dumb ass. HE raised expectations last year about how there would be some breakthroughs in Mideast Peace. HE did it and Clinton did it. What fucking part of that are you having problems understanding?

Maybe one of those grade 6 students brought this revelation to his attention?
This fuckin' guy is rapidly becoming downright embarrassing whenever he opens his scripted trap.

Blah, blah, blah.. Newest talking point for those who don't have anything more interesting to discuss..

It's becoming obvious that Obama's losing his star status, even to our more left of center friends here. They can't defend him or his actions, so they attack those pointing out those actions. Interesting, because they know that if it we GW that said such a thing, they'd say much worse than the few here have said.

Sorta reminds me of the bitching about 'chimps' 'hitler' that now are just so offensive, used against our dear president.

Forum List

Back