Obama on Health Care Bill: "I Own It"

Ame®icano;1515234 said:

I'm glad he said that he owns it. Of course a bill is going to pass and of course people will praise it as being one of the greatest pieces of legislation in history. The real trick will be keeping it solvent. If it's anything like Medicare or Social Security, America will be bankrupt in 10-20 years, perhaps sooner. Enjoy the social programs while you can America!

Ame®icano;1515234 said:

I'm glad he said that he owns it. Of course a bill is going to pass and of course people will praise it as being one of the greatest pieces of legislation in history. The real trick will be keeping it solvent. If it's anything like Medicare or Social Security, America will be bankrupt in 10-20 years, perhaps sooner. Enjoy the social programs while you can America!

Seriously, if you actaully belive this, when are you leaving? I felt this way last year but stuck it out. We really did almost go bankrupt, thank god the better man won though and we are not a bankrupt nation.

Turns out Obama knows what he is doing.

Ok, nice to meet ya, nd good luck in Canada.

Ame®icano;1515234 said:

Knowing how government is doing business, it's not gonna work. They praising that Medicare and Medicaid are working great, but they also admit there are wasteful spending. Which one is it?

I heard today that dems and reps get closer on illegal immigrants (non) coverage. Will try to find more.

Yah, darn social programs! Gonna break us all money wise. Just like the Europeans.

Ame®icano;1515234 said:
President Barack Obama said he is confident Congress will pass "a good health care bill," as months of rancor over reforming the nation's health care system seemed to be easing Sunday, with the White House playing down an immediate role for a government insurance option.

At the same time, Obama was critical of Republican opponents who he said were trying to block an overhaul of the nation's heath care system for political gain. - Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill
- FoxNews

I believe that we will have enough votes to pass not just any healthcare bill, but a good healthcare bill that helps the American people, reduces costs, actually over the long-term controls our deficit. I'm confident that we've got that. Now, you're right. - Obama on Health Care Bill: "I Own It" - CBS 60 minutes

Obama's been awfully partisan for someone who is saying that he wants bipartisanship.

It seems to me Mr Obama asked for input from everyone on his health care proposals.

From the very beginning, as soon as they heard the words "public option" the Republicans decided that they were not going to try to work with Democrats in any way shape or form on the proposal.

Instead they insisted that Congress only consider their separate proposals for a completely different bill, even though Democrats hold the majority in both houses of Congress and the Presidency, and were elected based partially on campaign promises to specifically get this legislation passed.

In his speech this week, Mr Obama again, specifically asked for ideas on additions for his health care proposal.

The Republican response was, essentially "Scrap it, and make a new one, using our proposals."

That is specifically turning away Mr Obama's offer of bi-partisanship.

And to PROVE an attempt at bipartisanship, the Senate is working on verification of illegals in their modifcations to the bill, just like the Republicans asked.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1520839 said:
Knowing how government is doing business, it's not gonna work. They praising that Medicare and Medicaid are working great, but they also admit there are wasteful spending. Which one is it?

I heard today that dems and reps get closer on illegal immigrants (non) coverage. Will try to find more.

They are saying that even with the "wasteful spending" Medicare and Medicaid are STILL more efficient than private health care. And they want to remove the "wasteful spending" so that these programs will be even more efficient.

Ame®icano;1520839 said:

They are saying that even with the "wasteful spending" Medicare and Medicaid are STILL more efficient than private health care. And they want to remove the "wasteful spending" so that these programs will be even more efficient.

Government is saying there is wasteful spending. Guess what, government created wasteful spending, now they are saying they will eliminate it. I don't trust them and I am not buying it.

I am against any government involvement into private sector. I believe that most corrupted private enterprise runs better then government. Do you need better example then Social Security, Medicaid & Medicare, Post office, Amtrak, Public schools, you name it...

I do agree that our healthcare has to be improved. I do NOT agree that it will be improved at all if government control it. From economic standpoint, it's not working anywhere in the world, it' wont work here, especially with our corrupted government.

My point is, in order to improve government programs, we can't keep adjusting and changing programs. There are too many interests involved for and against any solution. Then, how to improve? Change everything, starting with government.

Untied States leads the world in medical research and technology. More innovations in medicine have been achieved here than anywhere else. That is not to say that important contributions and innovations have not been made through research in other countries, they have. But when it comes to the sheer number and depth of innovations in medical technology, pharmaceuticals and the practice of medicine, nowhere else approaches the contributions made in the United States.

Reason for that is free market, private sector and capitalism. What sets our health care industry apart from the others is the profit motive. Only problem is that once you take that away, you take away the incentive to innovate, and the entire world, not just us, is worse off for it. Government run enterprise without profits sounds compassionate and fair on paper, but it doesn't work in practice. As i said above, "do you need better example then Social Security, Medicaid & Medicare, Post office, Amtrak, Public schools, you name it..."

Last edited:
When you say the "Private Sector" I read "Corporations".

Corporations are the ultimate tool of corruption. They have all the rights of an individual, with none of the responsibility. Corporations can literally get away with killing people, through negligence, or whatever other reason strikes their fancy, and generally, no-one goes to jail. Oh, the corporation generally gets a fine, but nothing they can't handle.

And talk about "wasteful spending", Have you seen what the top corporate executives get paid these days? Even when they don't do right by the company?

Have you ever been on a corporate junket? Talk about "wasteful spending".

Forum List

Back