Obama on Health Care Bill: "I Own It"

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
President Barack Obama said he is confident Congress will pass "a good health care bill," as months of rancor over reforming the nation's health care system seemed to be easing Sunday, with the White House playing down an immediate role for a government insurance option.

At the same time, Obama was critical of Republican opponents who he said were trying to block an overhaul of the nation's heath care system for political gain. - Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill
- FoxNews

I believe that we will have enough votes to pass not just any healthcare bill, but a good healthcare bill that helps the American people, reduces costs, actually over the long-term controls our deficit. I'm confident that we've got that. Now, you're right. - Obama on Health Care Bill: "I Own It" - CBS 60 minutes

Obama's been awfully partisan for someone who is saying that he wants bipartisanship.

There is no way any idiot can possibly say Obama didn't try to be bi partisan. I say screw the republicans, they said they wont even read it, they will just say no no no....NO MATTER WHAT.

No one can be dumb enough to try and say he didn't try to be bi partisan. No freakin way.

Its about time Obama said screw the republicans and just do this. They wont support it in any way shape or form....screw them.

Last edited:
There is no way any idiot can possibly say Obama didn't try to be bi partisan. I say screw the republicans, they said they wont even read it, they will just say no no no....NO MATTER WHAT.

No one can be dumb enough to try and say he didn't try to be bi partisan. No freakin way.

Its about time Obama said screw the republicans and just do this. They wont support it in any way shape or form....screw them.

Yes he did try. You know how? My way or no way.

If his bill is so good, why democrats aren't voting for it. They could, they got 60 seats.

Ame®icano;1515314 said:

Yes he did try. You know how? My way or no way.

If his bill is so good, why democrats aren't voting for it. They could, they got 60 seats.

After it passes, please come back to this post and say you are sorry and wrong. :lol:

So...it's safe to say you want to scew a republican...

Ame®icano;1515234 said:
President Barack Obama said he is confident Congress will pass "a good health care bill," as months of rancor over reforming the nation's health care system seemed to be easing Sunday, with the White House playing down an immediate role for a government insurance option.

At the same time, Obama was critical of Republican opponents who he said were trying to block an overhaul of the nation's heath care system for political gain. - Obama Criticizes Republicans for Blocking Health Care Bill
- FoxNews

I believe that we will have enough votes to pass not just any healthcare bill, but a good healthcare bill that helps the American people, reduces costs, actually over the long-term controls our deficit. I'm confident that we've got that. Now, you're right. - Obama on Health Care Bill: "I Own It" - CBS 60 minutes

Obama's been awfully partisan for someone who is saying that he wants bipartisanship.

He was very good on 60 minutes, I watched that. Too bad Rs have given him so much shit about it, he's getting good reform anyway. Everyone knows he has reached out to Repubs on this and other issues but they prefer obstruction and politicizing everything.

Rs fail again.

He sure does own it, and this mistake will follow him through history as well as anyone else stupid enough to vote for something they can't possibly payoff that will add trillions to the national debt.

So, has it passed yet?

What is the delay?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Ame®icano;1515234 said:

- FoxNews

Republicans CAN'T BLOCK anything, there's not enough of them in the house and senate, the dems can pass this debaucle all by themselves, of course, they don't want to be left holding the bag, when after they do, our health care turns out to look like the aftermath of Katrina.

If HE owns it, then let him pay for it. So far I haven't seen any numbers that would indicate that he can. How's that hopey changey stuff workin out for ya??

He tried???? Well then why is it that he has not invited ONE republican to have a chat since the 1st of April? Maybe he should have another beer summit.:lol: BTW adults do, children try.

Last edited:

Why should the repubs read it? The dems haven't; that way they can credibly say they haven't seen _____ (fill in the blank) in the bill.

When did Obama ever step up to the repubs and ask them what it would take for them to agree to a bill?

Obama isn't interested in screwing just repubs, he is going to screw the entire country with his "trickle up poverty" policy.

Joe Wilson called out Obama, and now the WH and dumbocunts are looking to include an exclusion that requires proof of citizenship to receive ObamaCare. That has got to be an admission of a smoking gun that there is a lot in this bill that has not been identified yet as beneficial to certain groups, especially minorities.

So...it's safe to say you want to scew a republican...

I have seen pics of the women at the 9/12 rally.....no thanks. You can keep them. Yuck. :eek:

Here is what Obama says:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyQ1SMHibE"]Never been on the table![/ame]

"When you start hearing that somehow this is all designed to provide health insurance to illegal immigrants that is simply not true, that has never been the case".

This is from the CIS website:

Based on our analysis of Census Bureau data, we estimate that there are 6.6 million uninsured illegal immigrants in the United States who could be covered by the new health care reform bill (HR 3200). Even though HR 3200 states that illegal immigrants are not eligible for the proposed taxpayer-funded affordable premium credits, there is nothing in the bill to enforce this. An amendment was defeated in committee that would have required the use of the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) program, used by almost all other means-tested programs of this kind.

CIS.org

The White House tonight is providing the below clarification on what the president's health-care proposals would mean when it comes to the issue of illegal immigrants.

The question, as we all know, arises from the Wilson "You lie" outburst, and the core claim that notwithstanding specific bill language barring illegal immigrants from participating in the "exchange," as a practical matter, there is no way of verifying the citizenship of applicants -- which is the current state of play. Republicans say that then means illegal immigrants would end up being enrolled in plans -- bill language or no bill language.

There would be no change in the law that requires emergency rooms to treat people who need emergency care, including undocumented immigrants.

WH ON HEALTH CARE, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS - MSNBC

Forum List

Back