Obama on free Markets: 'We tried it.'

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
"If we would just convert these investments that we're making through out government in education, research and healthcare. If we just turn those into tax cuts, especially for the wealthy, then somehow the economy is going to grow stronger. That's the theory," President Obama said about the right at a campaign event on the tax code in Boca Raton, Florida today.

"Here is the news. We tried this for eight years before I took office. We tried it. It is not like we did not try it. '

Anybody else tired of this Marxist asshole?

It isn't eight years. obama is inisisting that free market capitalisim has never worked.

That has nothing to do with Free Markets.

And if you want to see "Totally" Free Markets..and how they function..analyze Somalia.

Bureaucrats, social engineers, regulatory interventionists, and statist central planners can improve all things......

All they have to do is tax, spend and redistribute wealth "fairly" and social justice and equality of outcomes can be achieved !!!

"If we would just convert these investments that we're making through out government in education, research and healthcare. If we just turn those into tax cuts, especially for the wealthy, then somehow the economy is going to grow stronger. That's the theory," President Obama said about the right at a campaign event on the tax code in Boca Raton, Florida today.

"Here is the news. We tried this for eight years before I took office. We tried it. It is not like we did not try it. '

Yes. And he obviously is in denial about what it takes to create a prosperous society, or is he just being deliberate, hoping to appeal to the ignorant and unimformed and entitlement minded?

"The results of the Reagan era? From December 1982 to June 1990, Reaganomics created over 21 million jobs—more jobs than have been added since. Union membership and man-hours lost due to strikes tumbled. The stock market went through the roof.

From July 1982 through August 2000, the S&P 500 stock price index grew at an average annual real rate of over 12%. The unfunded liabilities of the Social Security system declined as a share of GDP, and the "misery index" fell to under 10%.

Even Reagan's first Democratic successor, Bill Clinton, followed in his footsteps. The negotiations for what would become the North American Free Trade Agreement began in Reagan's second term, but it was President Clinton who pushed the agreement through Congress in 1993 over the objections of the unions and many in his own party.

much more:

Arthur B. Laffer: Reaganomics: What We Learned - WSJ.com

Make no mistake..........this guy was a statist well before anybody ever heard of George Bush.

While all of us read Plato, Hobbes, Moore, Rousseau, Hegel and Marx and were momentarily romanticized by it, most of us also ended up reading Smith, Mill, Sowell, Winniski, Laffer et. al., and realized the utopian guys were k00ks. Hey.......at 19 or 20, I was part of the k00k legion as well, strutting across campus with my New York Times under my right arm, developing into the next elitist asshole. Then I read, "The Way the World Works" by Jude Wanniski. Slam dunk reversal s0ns!!!

Some, like Obama, continue to embrace it to this day FTG.:gay: His shit is about to be mothballed for two generations, thank God.:D

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with Free Markets.

And if you want to see "Totally" Free Markets..and how they function..analyze Somalia.

What he said was "tried" for eight years isn't posted................................

Trickle Down is a bunch of crap?

Who'd a thunk it?

Yes wanting people to be educated healthy and wanting technology is totally being a marxist asshole.
Yes you do sound like a 100% retard

No. All free market economies are 'trickle down.'

But your gubmint check comes, either way.

Bullshit, you plutocratic dunce.

Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. Capital has its rights, which are as worthy of protection as any other rights. Nor is it denied that there is, and probably always will be, a relation between labor and capital producing mutual benefits. The error is in assuming that the whole labor of community exists within that relation. A few men own capital, and that few avoid labor themselves, and with their capital hire or buy another few to labor for them.

Abraham Lincoln.

Let me know when you're smarter than Abraham Lincoln or 1/10000000th as honest.

Sure they are.......just keep throwing money at the wealthy and watch what they do with it.......They keep it

By keep it, you mean invest, don't you?

Shall we have a discussion on the vital role investment plays in economic growth and the prosperity?

Or would that require me to use crayon for you, which I cannot do over the interweb?

Sure they are.......just keep throwing money at the wealthy and watch what they do with it.......They keep it

Shall we have a discussion on the vital role investment plays in economic growth and the prosperity?

Or would that require me to use crayon for you, which I cannot do over the interweb?

Oh yes....the power of INVESTING
Which conservatives value over the power of LABOR

Capital is a far, far more vital component to real wealth of a people than labor.

Ask a billion starving Chinese about it before the world began pouring capital into there a couple decades ago.

Capital is a far, far more vital component to real wealth of a people than labor.

Ask a billion starving Chinese about it before the world began pouring capital into there a couple decades ago.

The key to an effective society is a balance between the two. If labor is in poverty you have no consumers. If labor is in poverty you get civil unrest. A society which ignores it's workers while lavishing resources on it's wealthy will fail

Look at the French Revolution

The key to an effective society is a balance between the two. If labor is in poverty you have no consumers. If labor is in poverty you get civil unrest. A society which ignores it's workers while lavishing resources on it's wealthy will fail

Look at the French Revolution

You seem to be backpeddling from your ignorant statement that wealthy people with capital do not help the economy because with said wealth, all they do is 'keep it'?

Forum List

Back