Obama on Fox News

Because Rupert Murdoch owns FNC, it's conservative. But because Jeffry Immelt is chairman of the board at GE, which owns NBC and MSNBC, and the entire Universal umbrella of media, those aren't liberal.

Got'cha.

Remember, the extremes are never the truth. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Since 1990, General Electric's contributions have been equally split between the two parties, with slightly more going to the party in power at any given point.

Few corporations are foolish enough to favor one party greatly over another for monetary contributions.

That has nothing at all to do with whether they are biased.

You of course know this.

False. Most firms greatly favor one party over another. Of the 100 donor organizations who have given the most since 1990, two-thirds of them contribute at least 60 percent more toward one party or the other.

Since 1990, General Electric's contributions have been equally split between the two parties, with slightly more going to the party in power at any given point.

Few corporations are foolish enough to favor one party greatly over another for monetary contributions.

You of course know this.

False. Most firms greatly favor one party over another. Of the 100 donor organizations who have given the most since 1990, two-thirds of them contribute at least 60 percent more toward one party or the other.
Link?

And please show us all where that has anything to do with news bias.

You of course know this.

Link?

Top All-Time Donors 1989-2010 Summary | OpenSecrets

I never said it had anything to do with news bias. That was your claim, saying that GE was in the pocket of Democrats, when their political contributions tell a very different story.

Fox News interview: Barack Obama
Published: November 18 2009 15:13 | Last updated: November 18 2009 15:13

Below are quotes from Fox News Channel’s interview with US President Barack Obama that will be presented this evening on Fox News Channel’s Special Report with Bret Baier (6-7pm ET).

Here is a link to the Financial Times.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/95142-obama-on-fox-news-4.html

You may have to register (free) with the FT to read it.

Every news agency, every single one, has an opinion side and a hard news side. Fox leans right and MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN all lean left. God. Not hard to understand.

I try to watch them all as I like to know as many points of view as possible. Helps me make up my mind on any subject. Nice to have all the opinions out there.

Every news agency, every single one, has an opinion side and a hard news side. Fox leans right and MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN all lean left. God. Not hard to understand.

I try to watch them all as I like to know as many points of view as possible. Helps me make up my mind on any subject. Nice to have all the opinions out there.

"Lean"? Only a fool can't distinguish propaganda and an agenda from editorial comments.

Link?

I never said it had anything to do with news bias. That was your claim, saying that GE was in the pocket of Democrats, when their political contributions tell a very different story.

Whatever you say Mr. Immelt ... :rolleyes:

Link?

7/30/08 $10,000 Democratic Party of Delaware (D)
10/16/07 $2,300 Dodd, Chris (D)
10/17/07 $2,300 Clinton, Hillary (D)
6/4/07 $2,000 McConnell, Mitch (R)
6/29/09 $2,000 Carney, John (D)
3/23/09 $2,000 Stabenow, Debbie (D)
10/11/07 $2,300 Giuliani, Rudolph W (R)
2/25/08 $2,300 McCain, John (R)
10/16/07 $2,300 Romney, Mitt (R)
8/28/07 $2,000 National Republican Congressional Cmte (R)

"Lean"? Only a fool can't distinguish propaganda and an agenda from editorial comments.

Then there seems to be a lot of fools on the left - because very few seem to grasp the difference between news and commentators.

Then there seems to be a lot of fools on the left - because very few seem to grasp the difference between news and commentators.

Dwiddle, you are a commentator. Commentators comment on issues; some commentators write/read script designed to influence the listener to accept certain beliefs as true (Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, you) but fail to provide adequate reason for believing the truth of their conclusions. Those who do so intentionally with malice of forethought are the propagandists; those who do so out of ignorance are...ignorant and not to be taken seriously.

Dwiddle, you are a commentator. Commentators comment on issues; some commentators write/read script designed to influence the listener to accept certain beliefs as true (Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, you) but fail to provide adequate reason for believing the truth of their conclusions. Those who do so intentionally with malice of forethought are the propagandists; those who do so out of ignorance are...ignorant and not to be taken seriously.

Dumbass, you are an idiot. Beck's still waiting for the WH to dissprove one single piece of evidence that he presents as untrue. Since this Administration seems to get incredibly upset at the slightest little 'inaccuracy', why haven't they provided anything to dissprove even one of Becks facts?

You might see 'malice' - other people just see a guy who presents facts and asks questions. Since when has either presenting facts or asking questions of government been a bad thing? Unless, of course, the facts don't suit your agenda and the questions are too hard to answer without letting Americans know who you really are.

There is no such thing as liberal media outlets (unless you're wanting to count online outlets such as HuffPo as part of the media).
Because Rupert Murdoch owns FNC, it's conservative. But because Jeffry Immelt is chairman of the board at GE, which owns NBC and MSNBC, and the entire Universal umbrella of media, those aren't liberal.

Got'cha.

Remember, the extremes are never the truth. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Hey, wasn't it GE that got "Obama money"? Didn't one of Obama's little henchmen state - on his own blog - that bail out money was conditional on 'support' for Obama's agenda? Who the hell was it..... oh, yeah..... Dr Ezekiel Emanual.... on his own NYT blog. LOL. So, nothing partisan about MSNBC!!! What a joke.

well, not only that but Jeffery Immelt ran GE into the ground and he got a spot on the obamalama economic advisory team while the ceo of Gm got shit canned for running gm into the ground,, oh and GE owns MSNBC and guess what,, MSNBC talks all liberal all the time.. and on top of that GE did business with IRAN and on top of that GE gets to score the big big big bucks if cap and trade and the medical shamnesty are passed.. go figure.

Couldn't have said it better Cali.

Apparantly Ol'Wry seems to think that only Fox has an agenda. MSNBC and all the other left leanings agencies out there are totally unbiased and reporting just the facts ma'am. Olberman and Maddow are so, so, so unbiased. Wonder if Chris Matthews still has that shiver going up and down his leg????

You said it Willow.

Immelt. Whatta guy. Ran his company into the ground and still came out smelling like a rose in Obamalama land. Wonder just how much GE stands to make in the big GREEN revolution???? You know the one where we all drive shoe boxes powered by squirrels. Won't pull my horse trailer so I guess I'll just have to pass. The one where the Crap and Trade bill sends us all to the poorhouse because, Oh my Gosh, the price of everything just went throught the roof. Guess I'll just have to eat those pesky squirrels.
Oh yeah. Immelt, whatt a guy.

That went right over your head, just like the Stupak amendment ........:eusa_whistle:

Just to finish this i'll give a little more info. Fox news does report the news yes. BUT does THE FACTS ON THAT PROGRAM TEND TO HAVE A CONSERVATIVE LEAN as palin says " YOU BETCHA" fOX OF ALL PEOPLE TEND TO have a bias or lean or caters to republican or what i call super conservatives who attend tea parties and compare our president to HITLER and beck compared the man to STALIN of all people. Fox's job is not to make YOU THINK BUT MAKE YOU THINK THE WAY THEY DO.

So what's the big deal then? Go ahead and watch all the left-leaning news stations you want. You don't have to watch FOX! It truly amazes me how just ONE news station that leans towards the conservative side, is under such attack! The liberal media can do and say all they want, and lean to the left and no one says boo, ( except those on FOX and talk radio ), but OH NO ... we can't have a conservative voice on television. Pft!

There is no such thing as liberal media outlets (unless you're wanting to count online outlets such as HuffPo as part of the media).

Do you not get the psychological nature of this debate? Do you not understand the lack of credibility one has in claiming there is not bias in the organizations he happens to agree with idologically?

It's easier to see the bias of a group that is being critical lile Fox, but they aren't trying to deceive anyone into thinking they're something they're not. Beck, Hannity, O'Reily, all openly state they are conservatives. It is hard to see the bias in outlets like CNN, MSNBC because the bias is in what they DON'T say and do. They won't ask this administration tough quesitons. They won't investigate the problems with his programs. The difference between them and Fox is they PRETEND to be these middle of the road, objective, good investigative journalism, organizations.

Last edited:
hows anita dunn doing?

On that unemployment line?

I saw her in an interview a week ago or so and she was saying how "she isn't a rogue and how her attacks were planned from higher officials"

That went right over your head, just like the Stupak amendment ........:eusa_whistle:

Immelt's raging liberalism is clearly the source of him giving the max donation to three different Republican presidential candidates and writing a check to the NRCC.

Also, it's not my fault you guys are too freakin lazy to read Stupak.

So what's the big deal then? Go ahead and watch all the left-leaning news stations you want. You don't have to watch FOX! It truly amazes me how just ONE news station that leans towards the conservative side, is under such attack! The liberal media can do and say all they want, and lean to the left and no one says boo, ( except those on FOX and talk radio ), but OH NO ... we can't have a conservative voice on television. Pft!

Do you not get the psychological nature of this debate? Do you not understand the lack of credibility one has in claiming there is not bias in the organizations he happens to agree with idologically?

It's easier to see the bias of a group that is being critical lile Fox, but they aren't trying to deceive anyone into thinking they're something they're not. Beck, Hannity, O'Reily, all openly state they are conservatives. It is hard to see the bias in outlets like CNN, MSNBC because the bias is in what they DON'T say and do. They won't ask this administration tough quesitons. They won't investigate the problems with his programs. The difference between them and Fox is they PRETEND to be these middle of the road, objective, good investigative journalism, organizations.

MSNBC's opinion programming clearly labels itself as such. The difference is that Fox doesn't really have anything that's not opinion programming. They attempt to claim that some shows are opinion and some shows are not, and yet the so-called "news" programming is just as much of a rote repeat of the GOP talking points as the opinion programming is. In fact, there have been several occasions where the "news" shows on Fox have literally read aloud from GOP strategy memos on air and claimed it was "independent research" they had done.

Forum List

Back