Obama on fiscal cliff: Congress, 'I WARNED YOU'

I said 100% of the AMERICAN people!

I am AMERICAN and im not behind the jackass

Than you are not a true American. You, my friend, are an obstructionist/American.

"If you're not with me your with the terrorists?"

:eusa_hand: Bull-fuckin'-shit!!

To accuse the opposition of being 'unpatriotic' is disgusting. I don't care if it comes from the right or the left. We need the republicans to give this government a head just as much as we need the democrats to give it a heart.

What we don't need is to spend 30% more on soldiers, weapons and military contracts than the next 10 countries combined.

The Military Imbalance: How The U.S. Outspends The World

You act like something has majically changed, it hasn't.

Maybe not, Republicans are still dangerously stupid in their political tactics, but the fact remains that they walked away from what would have been a good thing for them in 2011 if it was the deficit they were actually worried about rather than what was simply a one sided attack on entitlement spending. Perhaps when this deal is hammered out we can do a side-by-side comparison between what they turned down and what they got after all their insane hostage taking and losing bet on who will win the election.

You might want to do a little research, entitlements are the largest and fastest growing segment of government spending, 60+%, so if that growth is not addressed the rest really doesn't matter. The day is fast approaching where entitlements and debt service will consume 100% of what the government takes in today, then what?

That all may be but you missed my point, republicans bet all their sacred cows on winning the election and gaining control of the senate and lost. They failed you and all the rest by overplaying their hand and betting they could do this without any compromise, looks like they had better learn quick how to deal in good faith because now democrats are in a position to hold everything the republicans care about hostage and go over the "fiscal cliff".

Think for a moment about the situation, go over the cliff and republicans bear all the blame for any fallout if they refuse again to take the final offer and certainly lose the house in 2014 and this administration gets to take credit for standing firm, spreading the pain and actually reducing the deficit more than any republican is willing to do. Republicans supplied the Democrats with so many win-wins in this scenario that they have every right to be cocky.

You might want to do a little research, entitlements are the largest and fastest growing segment of government spending, 60+%, so if that growth is not addressed the rest really doesn't matter. The day is fast approaching where entitlements and debt service will consume 100% of what the government takes in today, then what?

OKTexas. Let me ask you this. What is it that you think will happen when all the entitlements are cut? Pick a number that you think reasonable to cut. 500 billion. 1 trillion. whatever number you like.

Then explain how taking x billions of dollars out of the economy is going to work out for the good. IF you would.

Will borrowing rates fall? Will UE rise? What will the people that lose their jobs and have access to less government help do? Does it even matter?

But you must think there is an upside. What is it?

When they dont have a choice, maybe they will start working..[/
QUOTE]

WOW. Astute....but wtf are you talking about? So you think taking billions of dollars out of the economy through entitlement cuts will be good. (I am fuking guessing what you think) but you know what I mean. How so?

"My way or the highway" isnt going to go over too well. Compromise requires both parties to give something. What is Obama prepared to give on?

Kind of like when republicans spit on a much better deal than they are likely to get now back in 2011 just to protect their tax cut program? They just do not have any legs to stand on in this situation, they precipitated it with their debt ceiling hostage stunt, they refused to make a compromise deal, they passed the deal that kicked the can down the road to this moment where they seriously thought they would own both houses and the presidency, they are responsible for 100% of this mess because they have always been 100% my way or the highway throughout. Now that democrats hold some of the cards all you people can do is whine that they are not playing fair, well fair in this case is being taught a hard lesson in shoes being on the other feet.

Exactly.

Maybe not, Republicans are still dangerously stupid in their political tactics, but the fact remains that they walked away from what would have been a good thing for them in 2011 if it was the deficit they were actually worried about rather than what was simply a one sided attack on entitlement spending. Perhaps when this deal is hammered out we can do a side-by-side comparison between what they turned down and what they got after all their insane hostage taking and losing bet on who will win the election.

OKTexas. Let me ask you this. What is it that you think will happen when all the entitlements are cut? Pick a number that you think reasonable to cut. 500 billion. 1 trillion. whatever number you like.

Then explain how taking x billions of dollars out of the economy is going to work out for the good. IF you would.

Will borrowing rates fall? Will UE rise? What will the people that lose their jobs and have access to less government help do? Does it even matter?

Wow.
So you think taxing a billion dollars from private enterprise is better than borrowing the money and giving it to unproductive people?

Wow.
So you think taxing a billion dollars from private enterprise is better than borrowing the money and giving it to unproductive people?

What an idiot you are. Responding to a question with some bull shit question. Take a stab at it genius. What will happen when all these entitlement are cut. Simple question.

Or are you to fuking stupid to admit that what you propose (huge cuts) has real negative results. Not just to the group you hate, but all sorts of people.

Why will that be so fuking good sport? What's the upside for me. I don't get nothing from the government that you don't get. SO all these people with less money to spend will benefit me how?

Wow.
I'd like the practice of giving private companies public money to build stuff that kills people to stop.

I don't consider it productive.

Go go go fiscal cliff!

You're not gonna like my answer- straight up.

We are experiencing the Baby Boomer bulge right now. There are fewer and fewer workers putting in than old pharts taking out.

But this won't last.

I do suggest in 2020 and beyond increasing legal immigration to have more workers per retiree.

Told ya ya wouldn't like it. :cool:

Regards from Rosie

I have zero problems with birnging in skilled immigrants, legally. I have a major problem with the left allowing and trying to legitimize millions of low/no skilled illegals that cost society more than they contribute. As for the baby boomer bulge, it's not a surprise, we've known it was coming for 40 years. Republicans have been trying to address is for a couple of decades and the left keeps obstructing any proposed fixes. Now folks like you want to steal more from the citizens to fix a problem you largely contirbuted to. The commiecrats have used the money in social security to buy votes since LBJ and now no one wants to pay the band, but they sure as hell enjoyed the dance. I just saw your dear leader on TV, now he's saying he wants his revenue now and he'll discuss cuts next year, of course with the commiecrast next year never comes. Reagan is till waiting on the boarder security they promised for amensty.

Wow.

What an idiot you are. Responding to a question with some bull shit question. Take a stab at it genius. What will happen when all these entitlement are cut. Simple question.

Or are you to fuking stupid to admit that what you propose (huge cuts) has real negative results. Not just to the group you hate, but all sorts of people.

Why will that be so fuking good sport? What's the upside for me. I don't get nothing from the government that you don't get. SO all these people with less money to spend will benefit me how?

What will happen? People will be forced to get jobs to support themselves. They will change their spending habits and become mroe responsible, since their existence depends on it. We won't have to worry about tax increases and businesses will be more comfortable hiring.
How is any of that bad?
Now, what happens when gov't taxes the shit out of individuals and corporations? Don't think too hard here.

First thing that needs to done is make welfare and medicade harder to get, many people figuer why work when it's easier to ride the public dole. Franklin said you should never make people comfortable in poverty because you remove insentive to leave it. Yep that might sound mean, but lifes a bitch and then you die. Providing almost 2 years of unemployment just keeps people form taking jobs that are available, holding out for something better. No one says it's easy, you make people dependent for so long it takes time to gradually reduce the aid and force self sufficiency, but you have to start some where. What we have now will break us.

That all may be but you missed my point, republicans bet all their sacred cows on winning the election and gaining control of the senate and lost. They failed you and all the rest by overplaying their hand and betting they could do this without any compromise, looks like they had better learn quick how to deal in good faith because now democrats are in a position to hold everything the republicans care about hostage and go over the "fiscal cliff".

Think for a moment about the situation, go over the cliff and republicans bear all the blame for any fallout if they refuse again to take the final offer and certainly lose the house in 2014 and this administration gets to take credit for standing firm, spreading the pain and actually reducing the deficit more than any republican is willing to do. Republicans supplied the Democrats with so many win-wins in this scenario that they have every right to be cocky.

You seem to think I give a shit who gets credit for what or which party is in control. I'm one of those nasty Constitutionalist, there are no wins if the country loses. Period end of story. Maobama is holding out for a tax increase that will run the government for less than 9 days, this type of ideology does nothing for fixing anything. Politicians look at the next election, you seem to have the same mentality, screw the next election, let's work to fix the long term problems so future generations can live in a country that is still the envy of the rest of the world.

Anyone who is using Pravda to demean an American president of either party is worse than commie scum. They need to leave the country now.

You seem to think I give a shit who gets credit for what or which party is in control. I'm one of those nasty Constitutionalist, there are no wins if the country loses. Period end of story. Maobama is holding out for a tax increase that will run the government for less than 9 days, this type of ideology does nothing for fixing anything. Politicians look at the next election, you seem to have the same mentality, screw the next election, let's work to fix the long term problems so future generations can live in a country that is still the envy of the rest of the world.

You such a "Constitutionalist" then you should know that taxes are constitutional. As are paying down accrued debts.

This country's main source of revenue is taxation.

And the Bush tax cuts were never meant to be permanent.

Still not getting it, Republicans blew the deepest entitlement cuts they had ever been offered because they valued the tax cuts more, now they will not get the cuts they wanted and the tax cuts will expire for the wealthy. Next time you work yourself up into a no compromise lather think about this situation, that kind of adamant refusal to deal in good faith bears some bitter fruit, eat it and enjoy it. You want to work to fix long term problems? Doing that requires a willingness to deal in good faith and republicans have just not learned that skill yet.

Last edited:

First thing that needs to done is make welfare and medicade harder to get, many people figuer why work when it's easier to ride the public dole. Franklin said you should never make people comfortable in poverty because you remove insentive to leave it. Yep that might sound mean, but lifes a bitch and then you die. Providing almost 2 years of unemployment just keeps people form taking jobs that are available, holding out for something better. No one says it's easy, you make people dependent for so long it takes time to gradually reduce the aid and force self sufficiency, but you have to start some where. What we have now will break us.

You don't toss people off of Medicaid. After they begin earning they lose eligibility. Luckily employer plans will cover them so as to avoid the Obamacare tax.

You need to take the welfare money and FORCE states to provide public transportation. A
job is useless if you can't get there and back.

Finallly the Feds need to massively expand Head Start to serve the children of these new working poor.

I don't see the savings.

Regards from Rosie

Anyone who thinks poverty is 'comfortable' has never been there or even close to there.

You such a "Constitutionalist" then you should know that taxes are constitutional. As are paying down accrued debts.

This country's main source of revenue is taxation.

And the Bush tax cuts were never meant to be permanent.

Yep, taxes are constitutional, show me where a progressive system is constitutional, please use direct quotes form the documant itself otherwise we have to get into how screwed the courts are. As for the current rates signed last by your dear leader, let them expire if they were never meant to be permanent, hell if the Clinton rates were so great, let's go, I'm all for it. Nothing Maobama is proposing now will pay down our debts he's not even willing to talk about cuts till next year. How about we start looking long term and not just the next political fight.

Anyone who thinks poverty is 'comfortable' has never been there or even close to there.

Been there, it sucked, didn't get food stamps or anything but it put me in contact with lots of other down and out people, didn't see a lot of comfort unless grinding desperation is comfortable somehow.

Forum List

Back