Obama on fiscal cliff: Congress, 'I WARNED YOU'

What's Obama's plan again?

No rich people, no defense budget

His plan is to get everybody to borrow a shitload of money so they can go to school and be successful and then he whacks them in the wallet with confiscatory tax policies and calls them evil one percenters.

Oh, and then says.. Vote for me!!!!!

nah,

Supposedly short term welfare and food stamps=cut in the rate of growth is a good idea.
Get ouf of the middle east
Close a dozen bases throughout the middle east
Raise taxes on the 20-50k per year group with the 250k and above.

Getting out of the middle east is more of a policy issue than a fiscal one. Cutting defense spending is a fiscal policy. And closing a dozen bases is not going to be a significant fiscal change in the first place.

By taxing the 20-50K/yr income range you are making it more expensive to work. Is that the goal?

As a side question have you been rich all your life?

Yes raise the taxes on the rich BUT also raise the taxes on the 20-50k per year to the same percentage.

Sounds fair???

THAT is what the president is fighting against.

Its also what the R wants.

Take from the poor, give to the rich. Its the GObP/pubpot way.

This time is different though. This time Obama doesn't have to compromise and its the Rs who stand to lose.

Remember when McConnell said his first priority was to make Obama a one term prez? And when Rs said that they would not compromise, that the word "compromise" meant that the Ds did it their way or the highway?

They lost. The people spoke, the R lost and they know it.

Social Security doesn't add to the deficit - it is a different fund from others.

Do not exempt income above $ 250,000 from FICA and make it regardless of source of income.

If Republicants refuse....means test it. Those who are wealthy and don't need it don't get it. They will get needed screenings from Obamacare and can buy the same Medicare coverage as other seniors.

If you don't need it why exempt you from the taxes that fund it? Makes no sense. Childless people still pay taxes for schools they don't need.

Regards from Rosie

So you want every person who retires and draws money from their 401K to pay social security taxes on it like they're self employeed? Really?

Yes raise the taxes on the rich BUT also raise the taxes on the 20-50k per year to the same percentage.

Sounds fair???

This time is different though. This time Obama doesn't have to compromise and its the Rs who stand to lose.

Remember when McConnell said his first priority was to make Obama a one term prez? And when Rs said that they would not compromise, that the word "compromise" meant that the Ds did it their way or the highway?

One word = Reid
Ok.. one more = Dipshit

This day was foreordained the moment the Tea Party took control of Boehner's caucus and McConnell lost his mind.

Yes, we GOP will compromise this time, and, yes, the taxes of many, including me, are going up.

Obstructionist Republicanism brought this on all of us.

social security?

nah,

Supposedly short term welfare and food stamps=cut in the rate of growth is a good idea.

Getting out of the middle east is more of a policy issue than a fiscal one. Cutting defense spending is a fiscal policy. And closing a dozen bases is not going to be a significant fiscal change in the first place.

By taxing the 20-50K/yr income range you are making it more expensive to work. Is that the goal?

Have you been envious all your life?

This day was foreordained the moment the Tea Party took control of Boehner's caucus and McConnell lost his mind.

Yes, we GOP will compromise this time, and, yes, the taxes of many, including me, are going up.

Obstructionist Republicanism brought this on all of us.

LOLz

Obstructionist and we have annual Trillion deficits

What would happen if Republicans didn't obstruct, Jake?

Social Security doesn't add to the deficit - it is a different fund from others.

Do not exempt income above $ 250,000 from FICA and make it regardless of source of income.

If Republicants refuse....means test it. Those who are wealthy and don't need it don't get it. They will get needed screenings from Obamacare and can buy the same Medicare coverage as other seniors.

If you don't need it why exempt you from the taxes that fund it? Makes no sense. Childless people still pay taxes for schools they don't need.

Regards from Rosie

So you want every person who retires and draws money from their 401K to pay social security taxes on it like they're self employeed? Really?

No - amend my statement to leave out IRA's and 401K's. But tax capital gains, dividends above an agreed upon amount, trust funds above an agreed upon amount and other exempted sources. If Social Security, like the general fund, is full of so many loopholes and exemptions, it is time to remove most of them and fund SS more completely.

Regards from Rosie

Last edited:

Sounds fair???

Relax, have another glass of kool aid. The people voted for the status quo, that's why nothing has changed except in the minds of the Maobama-bot-zombies.

nah,

Of what? Not being able to relate to the vast majority of the rest of the world? To live in a bubble my whole life? Yeah, I have my regrets but not being born rich ain't one of them.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear nothing has changed with Obama. He is still not willing to Compromise. He is still demanding the GOP give in on tax increases with out even being willing himself to talk about Spending Cuts, or Entitlement reform until they do.

Do you know how many times we have given in to Dem Demands on the promise that later they would work with us on Spending cuts only to find they never intended to work with us at all?

But don't worry dems, your hero and chief will prevail, the ignorant American Public will blame the GOP when we go off the cliff, and Obama will get exactly what he wants. Tax increases across the board that he does not get blamed for, and Massive Defense cuts he also will not be blamed for.

Pathetic but true. Welcome to the New America.

Regards from Rosie

No - amend my statement to leave out IRA's and 401K's. But tax capital gains, dividends above an agreed upon amount, trust funds above an agreed upon amount and other exempted sources. If Social Security, like the general fund, is full of so many loopholes and exemptions, it is time to remove most of them and fund SS more completely.

Regards from Rosie

So you want to abolish the equal protection clause form the 14th amendment and treat people and property differently because of where a dollar might fall in an imaginary stack? Yep, that sound fair.

Of what? Not being able to relate to the vast majority of the rest of the world? To live in a bubble my whole life? Yeah, I have my regrets but not being born rich ain't one of them.

No one sane would want to live like the rest of the world. They're poor and live under far less freedoms. I pray to god this country never becomes like the rest of the world.

No one sane would want to live like the rest of the world. They're poor and live under far less freedoms. I pray to god this country never becomes like the rest of the world.

Fuck you're an arrogant bastard.

Yet you appear to believe the law should treat their property differently than yours just on the basis they have more than you. Where is your demand of equality?

Regards from Rosie

So you want to abolish the equal protection clause form the 14th amendment and treat people and property differently because of where a dollar might fall in an imaginary
stack? Yep, that sound fair.

That's exactly what Congress did, unconstitutionally, by arbitrarily exempting income above 2.5K from FICA.

You can't see that your door already swung the other way and got stuck there?

Regards from Rosie

Yet you appear to believe the law should treat their property differently than yours just on the basis they have more than you. Where is your demand of equality?

Here it is- put the FICA tax on ALL of their income same as it is for those taking in less than 2.5K. That's equality.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back