Obama on 60 Minutes

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Did anyone watch?

personally, I didn't buy the forced ear to ear grin or the nervous laughter so obviously attempted to make the leader of hope and stimuli seem like he was confidently in control.

I think all that smiling and laughter really made some people angry, especially if you are one of the unemployed and you are losing your home.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Did anyone watch?

personally, I didn't buy the forced ear to ear grin or the nervous laughter so obviously attempted to make the leader of hope and stimuli seem like he was confidently in control.

No, he was grinning in a sarcastic way to add emphasis about how unreasonable republicans are.

He was laughing at you and Joe Scarborough not with you.

Did anyone watch?

No, he was grinning in a sarcastic way to add emphasis about how unreasonable republicans are.

He was laughing at you and Joe Scarborough not with you.

He was laughing at how fucking lemming-like you Dimocrats are.

320sw0sw7847.gif

And since I am not a Repudlican, I know he wasn't laughing at me. And wtf does that talking head Scarborough have to do with anything?

That vid was circulated some years ago across the internet. Good to see you finally found something that will keep your attention.

He was much more impressive with O'Reilly, an interview which did him a world of good. I seriously doubt however, that he'll return to the Factor. There won't be any softballs pitched there and now that he's chief executive, O'Reilly won't go easy.

He was much more impressive with O'Reilly, an interview which did him a world of good. I seriously doubt however, that he'll return to the Factor. There won't be any softballs pitched there and now that he's chief executive, O'Reilly won't go easy.

I don't think he should or would go back on the Factor at this point. He might as we get into his 2012 campaign.

Really it will depend on the midterm elections and how they go.

I don't think he should or would go back on the Factor at this point. He might as we get into his 2012 campaign.

we're already in his 2012 campaign it seems to me. :eusa_whistle:

we're already in his 2012 campaign it seems to me. :eusa_whistle:

I know what you mean.

The Factor is a serious news show. O'Reilly is a career journalist who has traveled the world extensively, covering hard news. He's not a partisan. BUT, O'Reilly has way too many tough questions for Obama right now. That Obama will go on SeeBS at this time is telling. And the thing is, he didn't come across near as well there as he did on O'Reilly. In that interview, O'Reilly was slightly kid-glovey, for him, and Obama came off assertive, confident, didn't dissemble or dodge questions, looked and acted like a leader, and NO teleprompter.

O'Reilly said Obama earned his respect. And I think Obama earned the respect of many of Bill's viewers as well. He didn't earn anything on SeeBS. It was a push, at best. He did himself no favors there.

By the way, on the other side of the pancake -- McCain's sit-down with O'Reilly during the campaign didn't go near as well. He seemed distracted, a little put off by Bill who was firm but fair as he always is. It seemed like McCain didn't know what he was getting into and Obama did. To me this was a big mistake. The two candidates had the same crucible there, and Obama came off looking a hell of a lot better.

And as it turns out, he WAS a hell of alot better candidate. I said, right before election day, that if what we saw during the campaign from McCain was any indicator of his executive and leadership skills, I hope he loses. He ran a horrendous campaign, they were disorganized, poorly managed, and didn't have a strategic brain in the bunch. It showed on election day.

I thought he did pretty well.

The market opened 300 points partly because of that interview.
Please. 60 Minutes had nothing to do with today's opportunistic buying. A bunch of stocks being at rock bottom does. Some of these blue chip stocks can't get any lower. They're at almost zero risk and they're being scooped up by speculators cheap, quick-buck guys such as myself.

I think all that smiling and laughter really made some people angry, especially if you are one of the unemployed and you are losing your home.

And you think he can fix thirty years of bad policy in a few weeks? Or his few weeks are to blame for thirty years of bad policy? Rather weird all this whining so early.

It's crazy. The DJIA is up 326.

NEW YORK - Investors have reignited Wall Street’s rally after hearing the government’s plan to help banks remove as much as $1 trillion in bad assets from their books.

Major stock indexes jumped more than 3 percent in morning trading Monday, including the Dow Jones industrial average, which rose 250 points. Financial stocks led the advance.

Stocks extended a two-week rally after the Treasury Department announced a plan to revive lending that would rely on the government’s $700 billion financial rescue fund, the Federal Reserve and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., as well as private investors.

Dow soars over 300 points on bank plan - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

Please. 60 Minutes had nothing to do with today's opportunistic buying. A bunch of stocks being at rock bottom does. Some of these blue chip stocks can't get any lower. They're at almost zero risk and they're being scooped up by speculators cheap, quick-buck guys such as myself.

Of course it is. I talked to a couple of Wall Street desks today. Obama implying he would veto the bill is having an effect. Stocks may be cheap but you need a catalyst. Details of the toxic asset bill and a growing belief that the government will not retroactively target salaries of those participating in government programs is causing this spike as shorts scramble to cover.

And you think he can fix thirty years of bad policy in a few weeks? Or his few weeks are to blame for thirty years of bad policy? Rather weird all this whining so early.
You know, I whacked out this idiotic talking point yesterday, and you didn't respond. Here is that:
WTF some Brit is going to tell us about our presidents, are you so blind you have to go across the pond to get your thoughts or are you a fellow Brit? Ask Timmy boy to watch over his own poor imitations for political leaders. Can you say Tony Blair.

Sorry, but Obama cannot fix thirty years of voodoo economics overnight. You had the power you flucked up badly now STFU.
You don't sound very inclusive... Not very tolerant. You seek to silence the minority?

Are you sure you're a US Liberal Democrat and not a Nazi?

And unfortunately for your weak, strawman argument, 30 years of "voodoo economics" includes Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. And for the most part, Democrat-dominated Legislative Branches. You might remember that, next time you're thinking of regurgitating your spoon fed rhetoric.

So which is it? Nazi, or idiot, or both? We've definitely got puppet, parrot and partisan hack well covered.
So now we see that parroting the spoon fed talking point of the day is much more important to you than actual facts. That and being dishonest just to be an apologist for a guy who so far has done nothing much but continue Bush policies.

Last edited:
Of course it is. I talked to a couple of Wall Street desks today. Obama implying he would veto the bill is having an effect.
That has nothing to do with his appearance on 60 Minutes. He said that several times last Thursday and Friday.

Forum List

Back