Obama on 60 Minutes FINALY kicking Lying GOP - assume the position...

Gee, could it possibly be that he and many of his fellow Democrats don't want to be on record for voting those bills down going into an election year? So tell me again who it is that is the Party of No?

You are exactly right. The House passes legislation, a God mother and apple pie bill with a rider that the opposition would see as totally unacceptable. The only purpose the House had in passing the legislation is to force the opposition in the Senate into a box. If they vote for the bill, they're betraying their supporters by passing the rider. If they vote against the bill, the opposition claims they are against God, mother, and apple pie, a tactic as old as Congress. The Senate Majority Leader would have to be pretty dumb to bring up such legislation.

Obama on 60 Minutes FINALY kicking Lying GOP - assume the position...

Obama on 60 minutes - what a joke! This analysis on Morning Joe was amusing.

Morning Joe: Obama Sees Our Democracy As 'Stumbling Block To His Greatness' | NewsBusters.org
MIKE BARNICLE: I think he is stunned, given his gifts, at his inability to get anything really done in Congress. I think he's stunned by it.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: But he doesn't look at it as his inability. Jon, he is stunned that those that are fortunate enough to work with him are not helping him pass legislation to make history.

JON MEACHAM: I think it's, if you think about it from a biographical point of view, it's his thinking the system, and really the country, is not commensurate with his gifts. That's a harsh thing to say, but I have a feeling that in the dark night of the soul, that's what he feels. I think he thinks that this is a 18th-century constitutional republic that needs significant updating. I think he sees the reflexive opposition—a culture that Gingrich helped build—as one huge stumbling block. He sees all of us [Ed.: presumably a reference to the media] as another huge stumbling block.

SCARBOROUGH: And let's just say, he sees elected leaders from across the country as a stumbling block. He sees democracy, he sees this version, as you say, this government as a stumbling block that's getting in the way of his greatness.

Like what, for example? Considering the fact that the Senate has had fewer votes this tear than the House exactly which of the bills they passed is it the Senate won't pass? Or does your definition of Senate begin and end with Harry Reid?
Most of what the House has passed, for example repeal of the healthcare law. The Senate Majority Leader represents his party in the Senate. He will not bring legislation up that clearly does not have sufficient votes to pass, bills with poison bills, and bills designed to make political statements.

If the Republican bills don't have sufficient votes to pass, Flopper...then why is Harry Reid so afraid to let them go to the floor?

Gee, could it possibly be that he and many of his fellow Democrats don't want to be on record for voting those bills down going into an election year? So tell me again who it is that is the Party of No?

Probably for the same reason Republicans in the Senate filibuster every bill. Why don't Senate Republicans let those bills go for a vote?

You are exactly right. The House passes legislation, a God mother and apple pie bill with a rider that the opposition would see as totally unacceptable. The only purpose the House had in passing the legislation is to force the opposition in the Senate into a box. If they vote for the bill, they're betraying their supporters by passing the rider. If they vote against the bill, the opposition claims they are against God, mother, and apple pie, a tactic as old as Congress. The Senate Majority Leader would have to be pretty dumb to bring up such legislation.

Fair enough, Flopper...would you care to tell me which of the 15 bills Harry Reid is sitting on would fit that description?

Most of what the House has passed, for example repeal of the healthcare law. The Senate Majority Leader represents his party in the Senate. He will not bring legislation up that clearly does not have sufficient votes to pass, bills with poison bills, and bills designed to make political statements.

If the Republican bills don't have sufficient votes to pass, Flopper...then why is Harry Reid so afraid to let them go to the floor?

Probably for the same reason Republicans in the Senate filibuster every bill. Why don't Senate Republicans let those bills go for a vote?

And what bills are the Republicans filibustering, Winger?

Forum List

Back