Obama officially turns back on Isreal.

All we are saying.....is give peace a chance

Good read, a lot of warmongery rhetoric towards Syria. Will they be Obomba's next victim?

I'll have to read up on Syria and find out how oil rich of a country they are.

Good read, a lot of warmongery rhetoric towards Syria. Will they be Obomba's next victim?

I'll have to read up on Syria and find out how oil rich of a country they are.

Ya know I read a book once where white's were trying to get their own nation in the northwest and it had a lot to say about the constant wars the u.s got its self into in the mideast its starting to come true.

I would prefer just letting Iran nuke Israhell right off the damn map.

I can see why no one likes you.... you're an asshole. And, the newest adition to the ignore list. Buh bye.

I must have not gotten the memo of this being a damn popularity contest. See if I truly care I am on your ignore list...:lol:

He didn't address how much you'd care, he just gave an accurate portrayal of your character.

His approch seemed quite evenhanded. It's the extremists on both sides that are driving the dialogue and the OP just serves to keep the controversy roiling. THAT'S the greatest danger to Israel, NOT what the president said.

kindly point out anything in that article that quotes the president as saying they should go back to 1967 borders.

given that fauxnews hasn't accurately reported anything he's said yet, i think i'll wait and see if something (or someone) credible says that.

Here

So while the core issues of the conflict must be negotiated, the basis of those negotiations is clear: a viable Palestine, and a secure Israel. The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine. The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states. The Palestinian people must have the right to govern themselves, and reach their potential, in a sovereign and contiguous state.

Transcript: Obama's Mideast Speech - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

I would prefer just letting Iran nuke Israhell right off the damn map.

follow-your-leader.jpg

kindly point out anything in that article that quotes the president as saying they should go back to 1967 borders.

given that fauxnews hasn't accurately reported anything he's said yet, i think i'll wait and see if something (or someone) credible says that.

At 4:20 seconds in this audio clip, you can hear Obama in his own words saying it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCr2iWatIs]YouTube - ‪Obama talks on Israeli settlements and Palestine in his 19/5/2011 speech to the Mid East‬‏[/ame]

At 4:20 seconds in this audio clip, you can hear Obama in his own words saying it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCr2iWatIs]YouTube - ‪Obama talks on Israeli settlements and Palestine in his 19/5/2011 speech to the Mid East‬‏[/ame]

Missed this part, did you?

The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps,

Isn't that the essence of negotiations? You start from one point and work towards a compromise. It'll never get settled, if either side thinks they're going to get everything their way.

Forum List

Back