Obama Nominates SEIU Member To Labor Relations Post

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
SEIU [ACORN] is going to have a voice in labor relations in the White House.

February 8, 2010 | 8:58 PM ET
Dem to Oppose Obama Nominee for NLRB It is quite rare for Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE) to oppose cloture on a nominee, but he is on Craig Becker, the union lawyer up for nomination for the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB.) As Nelson is fond of saying, he has been a chief executive (former governor) - and he likes for an executive to get a fair shot at his nominations. No need for a filibuster most of the time - except in "extraordinary circumstances."

That does take some of the ooomph out of Scott Brown's vote.

Unclear if Democrats can muster 60 votes to shut down the filibuster. This makes it quite hard.

Cloture is still scheduled for 5pm tomorrow (Tuesday) night.
Dem to Oppose Obama Nominee for NLRB The Speakers Lobby

There is nothing surprising about Obama appointing someone from the unions to this post.

There is nothing surprising about Obama appointing someone from the unions to this post.

No kidding. I would never assume that Obama would move out of character.

Problem being that SEIU is a problem.

It has no business being involved in our government. It's like appointing the head of La Raza to run I.C.E.

This appointee isn't technically a lobbyist....but he represents SEIU thus there is a conflict of interest here.

It's about time working people had someone on their side in the White House.l

SEIU [ACORN] is going to have a voice in labor relations in the White House.

And?

Bush had oil company and auto company people in his.

That's life.

Be specific hun.

Also, are the oil companies and auto companies actively trying to rig elections, and re-elect Democrats by hook or crook?

Are they committing felonies in the process?

Absolutely! Just lke there is nothing surprising when a republican appoints some former CEO. I happen to think you need both management and labor representatives on the labor relations board.

Absolutely! Just lke there is nothing surprising when a republican appoints some former CEO. I happen to think you need both management and labor representatives on the labor relations board.

I guess being the head of a major company is a crime now.

Jesus......

Fucken Fat-Cat Bastards.

Be specific hun.

Also, are the oil companies and auto companies actively trying to rig elections, and re-elect Democrats by hook or crook?

They don't try to "rig" elections.

And EVERYONE tries to re-elect their own by hook or by crook.

Ever read Bush v Gore?

Again, that's life.

There was a Surrogate's election in NY not so many years ago, where the precincts that were gonig to go to one candidate didn't get polling machines til most of the day was over.

And that was a PRIMARY.

It has no business being involved in our government. It's like appointing the head of La Raza to run I.C.E.

This appointee isn't technically a lobbyist....but he represents SEIU thus there is a conflict of interest here.

they are just another arm of ACORN.

Be specific hun.

They don't try to "rig" elections.

And EVERYONE tries to re-elect their own by hook or by crook.

Ever read Bush v Gore?

Again, that's life.

There was a Surrogate's election in NY not so many years ago, where the precincts that were gonig to go to one candidate didn't get polling machines til most of the day was over.

And that was a PRIMARY.

I'm not gonna argue the point with you because you're such a sweetie....but I'm well aware of what's been going. And if were to spell it all out to you wouldn't believe it anyway.

they are just another arm of ACORN.

Actually ACORN is an arm of the SEIU.

Obama is trying to sneak them in the front door instead of the back like he's been doing for the last year.

Forum List

Back