Obama - no US flag in Haiti

Considering Grump knows more about American politics here than some who live in the U.S., it would be difficult at times to know who is the foreigner. :lol:

But hear hear Crimson! :cool:

Wow. That is a big ass leap you just took.

I could give a rats ass what people's perceptions are. We liberated Kuwait. Just as we liberated Europe in WW2. You think Patton would have complied if someone in France or Belgium had asked him not to fly the flag? I think not. The troops serve our country. When they are overseas, that flag is our country. Even in a humanitarian mission, they are serving the US. Because the CIC sent them. They are always serving our country and when they go to serve, the flag goes with them.

You cannot ask for our military and not get the flag that comes with it. What it stands is why these troops serve and asking them not to fly is a slap in their face.
How exactly, I mentioned it my post that you responded to.
And WWII is completely different than Haiti. We were helping a countries liberate themselves, in Haiti we are providing HUMANITARIAN aid. And a few in this thread said we should pull out because why can't fly our flag, which sounds childish, and inhumane.

My WW2 reference was in response to your Kuwait comparison and answered that portion of your question. Also, I agree with the bolded part.

But do we fly our flag every time we provide humanitarian aid?

My personal opinion is the PM of Haiti is trying to hold his country together, and doesn't want his people to feel their country is now conquered by the US. We have learned in this country that national pride helps get us through a crisis.

Considering Grump knows more about American politics here than some who live in the U.S., it would be difficult at times to know who is the foreigner. :lol:

You are 100% correct, and it shows in his rep points.

And WWII is completely different than Haiti. We were helping a countries liberate themselves, in Haiti we are providing HUMANITARIAN aid. And a few in this thread said we should pull out because why can't fly our flag, which sounds childish, and inhumane.

My WW2 reference was in response to your Kuwait comparison and answered that portion of your question. Also, I agree with the bolded part.

My personal opinion is the PM of Haiti is trying to hold his country together, and doesn't want his people to feel their country is now conquered by the US. We have learned in this country that national pride helps get us through a crisis.

You have a point, but I would be more inclined to agree with you if every other country that was there were asked to take down their colors as well.

You have a point, but I would be more inclined to agree with you if every other country that was there were asked to take down their colors as well.

True, and I could be completely wrong.
And it could possibly have to do with when Clinton went into Haiti.

You know, I remember reading about a time when people in need were inspired when they saw our flag. The sight of our flag meant help was on the way. Now, this administration is ashamed to fly it.

Personally, I actually pretty comfortable with Obama not dragging our flag into his mud. This POTUS has no idea what being proud of your country means.... him and that wife of his.

Yeah, there should be at least one shit-hole withOUT the US flag flying over it.

Their country is conquered alright. By bad planning, no education, circumstance and now an earthquake.

If they think that they can pretend their way to a full stomach, fine. Let them try. In the real world, the USA is helping them. If they're more afraid of the Stars and Stripes then they are of starvation, pestilence, plague and suffering, give them their dream of freedom and let them die.

This is our military. The Red Cross need not fly the flag.

To hell with that. In 22 years of service and over 14 years outside the USA I never served anywhere that we didn't fly our flag.

If some asswipe in Haiti doesn't think it's a good idea for us to fly our flag, then maybe it's not such a good Idea to pour millions of our Dollars into their little pissant country.

big DITTO, been in many countries myself, and our flag was there, this 'leader' we have is so damn clueless, it's embarrassing and dangerous.

and i have seen many Americans here comment on Aust and NZ political stuff giving their opinions ....WITHOUT the good Doc. or Di telling them to mind their own countries business....just sayin...

Forum List

Back