Obama: No U.S. Troops to Mexico Border

Mexico's Powerful Drug Cartels May Be Joining Forces

As the violence in Mexico spikes, four major drug cartels that are fighting each other for territory and smuggling routes may be forming alliances with each other.

Currently three cartels control most of the border region between the U.S. and Mexico. But the federation, or Sinaloa cartel, is fighting for a larger area of the border and may be negotiating a truce with the Gulf cartel.

Click here to see video on Housley's report on Mexico's cartels.

Fred Burton, vice president for counterterrorism and corporate security at Stratfor Global Security says it's not surprising these groups are trying to join forces.

"We've seen reports coming out of Mexico that cartels have set down and tried to do business together because of, let's face it, pressure. Whether that be law enforcement pressure or military pressure, (it) is bad for business."

FOXNews.com - Mexico's Powerful Drug Cartels May Be Joining Forces - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

wouldn't it be interesting to know if Al Qada has joined the cartels?

The greatest threat to Americans in our lifetimes (greater than the Arab terrorists, I think) and we have funded them by granding them the franchise to illeicit drugs.

Legalize it NOW, for goodness sakes.

This problem is not going to go away folks.

The greatest threat to Americans in our lifetimes (greater than the Arab terrorists, I think) and we have funded them by granding them the franchise to illeicit drugs.

I do believe California will move forward with some for of marijuana legalization soon.

The question is, will the government be charging people $50 for an ounce of bud? That would only create a thriving black market and defeat the tax revenue purpose. The government must come in close to actual street value if it is to pull this thing off.

The potential tax windfall is not insignificant, and the upsurge in Nacho-Cheese Doritos sales will be incredible!

why you want to wish an addiction onto your fellow Americans is way beyond my powers of comprehension.. it's just another bad bad libral idea. Ya know marijuana kills brain cells, sounds like librals have had too much of it already.

Last edited:
I do believe California will move forward with some for of marijuana legalization soon.

The question is, will the government be charging people $50 for an ounce of bud? That would only create a thriving black market and defeat the tax revenue purpose. The government must come in close to actual street value if it is to pull this thing off.

The potential tax windfall is not insignificant, and the upsurge in Nacho-Cheese Doritos sales will be incredible!
50 dollars an ounce would create a black market?......where i am at in S.Cal. if you can get an Oz. of GOOD quality pot for 50.00 bucks you would have a line around the friggin block.....usually an eighth sells for that....

why you want to wish an addiction onto your fellow Americans is way beyond my powers of comprehension.. it's just another bad bad libral idea. Ya know marijuana kills brain cells, sounds like librals have had too much of it already.

thats an old unproven argument Willow....maybe if you smoked 25 joints a day you might have a point....we know the lab mice did....

Last edited:
All kidding aside, the situation in Mexico is getting downright scary.

I was in Cabo last fall and it did not feel quite right - there was an edge to the place that had not been there in previous recent years. The border areas appear to be absolute chaos.

Something is terribly amiss.

This has been going on for several years now. We used to go to Juarez a lot--& I would say for at least the last 6 years one wouldn't dream of going down there. All along the border violence has increased. It's just making news now.

However, we go to Puerto Vallarta--just there in December & all is calm--no difference from what we have seen over many years.

I believe this is all centered around trying to get drugs across the border & that's where you don't want to be.

Why don't they continue with building the fence across the border (or are they?)? This seems to be an effective deterrent to illegals crossing. Doesn't completely stop them but greatly reduces the numbers crossing. Obama could put many, many, many people in this country to work and help stem the flow . . . two birds, one stone.

Border fence is a dividing line in immigration debate - CNN.com

As for this: "President Barack Obama is keeping close watch on the violence from Mexico's drug war, but he said Wednesday so far it hasn't spilled into this country enough to justify sending troops to the border." Really? I'd like to know what his definition of 'enough' is.

Why don't they continue with building the fence across the border (or are they?)? This seems to be an effective deterrent to illegals crossing. Doesn't completely stop them but greatly reduces the numbers crossing. Obama could put many, many, many people in this country to work and help stem the flow . . . two birds, one stone.

As for this: "President Barack Obama is keeping close watch on the violence from Mexico's drug war, but he said Wednesday so far it hasn't spilled into this country enough to justify sending troops to the border." Really? I'd like to know what his definition of 'enough' is.

Yeah, I heard that Phoenix is like #3 in the world for kidnappings. They say it's related to the Mexican drug cartel

Yeah, I heard that Phoenix is like #3 in the world for kidnappings. They say it's related to the Mexican drug cartel

yea i heard Barack will be concerned when it reaches Vegas....

I couldn't help but to post this here. I got it in an email, you know one of those that you kind of chuckle but not forward on to anyone else.

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida ...

Not me. I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win-win situation.

+ Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

+ Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levies.

+ Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.

Any other problems you would like for me to solve today ? Yes!
Think about this one:
1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give eac h of them a cow.

All kidding aside, the situation in Mexico is getting downright scary.

I was in Cabo last fall and it did not feel quite right - there was an edge to the place that had not been there in previous recent years. The border areas appear to be absolute chaos.

Something is terribly amiss.

From what I have read about this and watched on the news this could escalate into a border skirmish and perhaps a 'war' at any time..

Drug cartells with well trained and armed militias roaming around taking heads of local sheriffs...

Perhaps if this gets bad enough Mexico could become a failed state.

I couldn't help but to post this here. I got it in an email, you know one of those that you kind of chuckle but not forward on to anyone else.

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida ...

Think about this one:
1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give eac h of them a cow.

.. or that we havent found Usama Bin Laden yet either??

Think about this one:
1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

What makes you think Bin Laden's still alive? Haven't had a picture of him since 2002-2003 that would prove it.

While I'm not a big fan of President Obama, I have to agree with him on this. He should not deploy US combat troops on the border.

The US military is a warfighting organization. It engages targets and destroys them. This is not that type of situation.

Think the situation in Baghdad or Kabul is complicated? Try deploying US forces along the border. What will their instructions be? Shoot anyone coming over the border? There are refugees, illegals as well as smugglers crossing the border. Sorting them out and determining the applicable punishment is a law enforcement duty NOT a military one. Using military technologies such as infrared radar, motion detectors, communications intercepts, etc. is certainly acceptable, and there are laws that allow the military to assist in this manner. But deploying combat troops is not and should not be an option.

Obama got it right on this one.

While I'm not a big fan of President Obama, I have to agree with him on this. He should not deploy US combat troops on the border.

The US military is a warfighting organization. It engages targets and destroys them. This is not that type of situation.

Think the situation in Baghdad or Kabul is complicated? Try deploying US forces along the border. What will their instructions be? Shoot anyone coming over the border? There are refugees, illegals as well as smugglers crossing the border. Sorting them out and determining the applicable punishment is a law enforcement duty NOT a military one. Using military technologies such as infrared radar, motion detectors, communications intercepts, etc. is certainly acceptable, and there are laws that allow the military to assist in this manner. But deploying combat troops is not and should not be an option.

Obama got it right on this one.

It would certainly stem the flow.

Think about this one:
1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

C O W S

Don't fret the dem's suggested that they will find him unlike Bush. :lol:

Forum List

Back