Obama: No U.S. Troops to Mexico Border

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
President Barack Obama is keeping close watch on the violence from Mexico's drug war, but he said Wednesday so far it hasn't spilled into this country enough to justify sending troops to the border.

I guess Phoenix is not far enough... Maybe once it gets to Chicago it will change his mind. I guess some parts of the country are more important than others... Glad I don't live along the border...

Newsmax.com - Obama: No U.S. Troops to Mexico Border

All kidding aside, the situation in Mexico is getting downright scary.

I was in Cabo last fall and it did not feel quite right - there was an edge to the place that had not been there in previous recent years. The border areas appear to be absolute chaos.

Something is terribly amiss.

The Military needs to secure our border to keep Mexico's problems IN Mexico. LEGAL immigrants who go through the process correctly are fine. No others should be allowed...

I was in Cabo last fall and it did not feel quite right - there was an edge to the place that had not been there in previous recent years. The border areas appear to be absolute chaos.

My son and his frat brothers were planning on going to Mexico for Spring Break, they canceled. Instead they are in FL. They are in Orlando at one of the kid's parents condo. As long as they stay in the vicinity, won't need the rental car. I'm sure they'll hit the ocean once, but other than that, it's Disney, MGM, and Sea World. Certainly they'll find Pleasure Island in the evening. I'm sure they are doing things I don't want to know about, but I like it better in US right now.

My son and his frat brothers were planning on going to Mexico for Spring Break, they canceled. Instead they are in FL. They are in Orlando at one of the kid's parents condo. As long as they stay in the vicinity, won't need the rental car. I'm sure they'll hit the ocean once, but other than that, it's Disney, MGM, and Sea World. Certainly they'll find Pleasure Island in the evening. I'm sure they are doing things I don't want to know about, but I like it better in US right now.

Funny you should mention this.. O'Reilly said flat out the other night that spring breakers should avoid Mexico because of the violence.. boy is Mexico pissed with him.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry visited El Paso, Texas - whose neighbor, Ciudad Juarez, has taken the brunt of drug violence that has claimed more than 7,000 lives in Mexico in 14 months - and called on Washington to send a thousand troops or border agents

Dosen't Rick Perry have the power to put Texas Nat'l Guard troops on Texas borders?? I heard it said on the news the other night the army of the drug cartels number around 100,000.

Last edited:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry visited El Paso, Texas - whose neighbor, Ciudad Juarez, has taken the brunt of drug violence that has claimed more than 7,000 lives in Mexico in 14 months - and called on Washington to send a thousand troops or border agents

Dosen't Rick Perry have the power to put Texas Nat'l Guard troops on Texas borders??

Yes, as does CA, and Arizona - but I believe the governors have been saying the Nat. Guard numbers have been depleted to deployment overseas.

Not sure if that is actually true or a political excuse though...

The mega meth labs will hurt the US until we shut them down. We do need more boarder patrols and tighter security to Mexico. Even if we tight up the boarder I feel we still may have to go into Mexico to control the situation, even the cops (and politicians, but thats a given) are crooked. Methamphetamine is our biggest drug problem of all time right now.

Dosen't Rick Perry have the power to put Texas Nat'l Guard troops on Texas borders?? I heard it said on the news the other night the army of the drug cartels number around 100,000.

Perry has already sent National Guard troops to the border.

Dosen't Rick Perry have the power to put Texas Nat'l Guard troops on Texas borders??

Yes, as does CA, and Arizona - but I believe the governors have been saying the Nat. Guard numbers have been depleted to deployment overseas.

Not sure if that is actually true or a political excuse though...

An educated guess would be "political." I don't understand why we take a defensive posture in this, and wait until it's too late. We should be at the borders and nipping it in the bud. But, we should have been doing that for the last 40 years.

Perry has already sent National Guard troops to the border.

And he needs a thousand more? It must be serious,, why won't obamalama oblige I wonder..

President Barack Obama is keeping close watch on the violence from Mexico's drug war, but he said Wednesday so far it hasn't spilled into this country enough to justify sending troops to the border.
I guess Phoenix is not far enough... Maybe once it gets to Chicago it will change his mind. I guess some parts of the country are more important than others... Glad I don't live along the border...
Newsmax.com - Obama: No U.S. Troops to Mexico Border
The DOJ is going after Sheriff Arpaio in Arizona as well. Guess where Obamas' alliances are?

Last edited:

thats because they have among their ranks,a good deal of the Mexican Army and 80% of the Mexican cops....

Forum List

Back