Obama--"no harsh interrogation measures against terrorists"!

I hate this bloody multiple quote thing.

The reality is that there are a large number of people in this world and dare i say this country that want nothing more than to see dead Americans on the TV.

IMO if a government agency has credible evidence of a terrorist plot on US soil that any and all means necessary should be used to obtain information that will save American lives.

If that means torture, so be it.

I don't believe saying please to a terrorist is going to work.

I'd rather have America have the reputation that she will do whatever it takes to protect the lives and well being of her citizens, especially on her home soil.

You cut off my finger, I take your hand. You kill one American, your life and the lives of a thousand more of you are forfeit.

Any and all acts of violence should be met with a response that is absolutely overwhelming and devastating.

Oh bollocks. Skull, Americans are quite adept at killing each other. You've got a massively high domestic homicide rate, if you were really worried about it you'd address it.
I see no qualitative difference between someone killed by a terrorist or someone killed by a common or garden criminal. The end result is the same. Dead.

As for torture doesn't work, what works is good on the ground human intellligence. Torture might be okay for a bit of revenge but as far as intel goes, it's bullshit. You get down to that then you're out of the race.

Torture is by no means an admission of failure. It's an acknowledgement of our adversary. Terrorist that would blow themselves up, don't respond to please tell me the truth.

David S.

By and large most in our government will agree with you, we do not want to become like our enemy, in order to defeat our enemy, because then in many ways, we would have defeated ourselves in the process.

However, lets not kid ourselves and be unrealistic. If we are holding a person who we feel has vital information, most of all time sensitive information and they aren't talking, well we are going to take the steps needed to get it. Honestly, we should.

These people have one goal, to kill American's, while we do not wish to lower to their standards, war is not pretty business and at certain times it comes down to one basic issue, survival and I expect my government to do what they need to, to ensure our protection.

Being a Zionist you should understand this more so than most.

If you're asking me if I give two shits about the rights of these soulless animals, I don't. They should have no rights. They're not POWs. They're not criminals. They're a gray area. And as far as I'm concerned, they can disappear from the world and I wouldn't shed a tear. I absolutely, positively believe in the death penalty. Compassion and forgiveness are each Christian beliefs.. and thankfully, I am not a Christian.

HOWEVER

Looking at this from an evolutionary standpoint - this is survival of the fittest. We are talking about the old vs. the new. The fundamentalist vs. the West. If a terrorist detonates a nuclear bomb in an American city, America will wipe out the Middle East and so it should. In World War 1, the 20th century's "problem area" we wiped out as many Austrians as we could. We sent them back to the stone age and they still haven't fully recovered. This discussion isn't about the rights of terrorists, what will happen if, etc. This is about how we treat a terrorist and as much as I would love to hook up jumper cables to one of these bastards' nuts, we can't. We simply cannot. In fact, even in the most dire of situations we have to be better people. We cannot, under any circumstance, be these people. The moment we torture one of these people, we no longer become better than they are. We become the same thing they are. And that's what we're fighting. Now I don't know all of the interrogation methods used and I have no problem with using psychological interrogation. Nor do I have a problem with pharmacutical interrogations so long as the drugs don't cause pain. I don't think going in there and showing the guy pictures of dead American children and asking him what he knows while he sips on bottled water in a nice, air conditioned cell will really do anything. Nor do I think going in there and breaking all of his toes and fingers and pulling out his finger nails is going to work. We have to find a middle ground.

David S.

By and large most in our government will agree with you, we do not want to become like our enemy, in order to defeat our enemy, because then in many ways, we would have defeated ourselves in the process.

However, lets not kid ourselves and be unrealistic. If we are holding a person who we feel has vital information, most of all time sensitive information and they aren't talking, well we are going to take the steps needed to get it. Honestly, we should.

These people have one goal, to kill American's, while we do not wish to lower to their standards, war is not pretty business and at certain times it comes down to one basic issue, survival and I expect my government to do what they need to, to ensure our protection.

Being a Zionist you should understand this more so than most.

If you're asking me if I give two shits about the rights of these soulless animals, I don't. They should have no rights. They're not POWs. They're not criminals. They're a gray area. And as far as I'm concerned, they can disappear from the world and I wouldn't shed a tear. I absolutely, positively believe in the death penalty. Compassion and forgiveness are each Christian beliefs.. and thankfully, I am not a Christian.

HOWEVER

Looking at this from an evolutionary standpoint - this is survival of the fittest. We are talking about the old vs. the new. The fundamentalist vs. the West. If a terrorist detonates a nuclear bomb in an American city, America will wipe out the Middle East and so it should. In World War 1, the 20th century's "problem area" we wiped out as many Austrians as we could. We sent them back to the stone age and they still haven't fully recovered. This discussion isn't about the rights of terrorists, what will happen if, etc. This is about how we treat a terrorist and as much as I would love to hook up jumper cables to one of these bastards' nuts, we can't. We simply cannot. In fact, even in the most dire of situations we have to be better people. We cannot, under any circumstance, be these people. The moment we torture one of these people, we no longer become better than they are. We become the same thing they are. And that's what we're fighting. Now I don't know all of the interrogation methods used and I have no problem with using psychological interrogation. Nor do I have a problem with pharmacutical interrogations so long as the drugs don't cause pain. I don't think going in there and showing the guy pictures of dead American children and asking him what he knows while he sips on bottled water in a nice, air conditioned cell will really do anything. Nor do I think going in there and breaking all of his toes and fingers and pulling out his finger nails is going to work. We have to find a middle ground.

Exactly the middle ground is called 'waterboarding', along with few other practices the CIA has requested from this adminstration.

Forum List

Back