Obama never held a job or run a business?

I won't. Because being an author is much harder.

I've started a business.

I've never written a book.

Breathtaking. Okay, we'll run with that.

Writing a book is "much harder" than starting, growing and running a business.

I think I'll just leave that right there, nothing else I need to say.

I won't.

Because you guys like to compare Obama's success with Romney's.

Romney started on "third base" and got a home run..Obama started outside the ball park.

The "business" Romney "created" was in the business of using other's people's money to fleece other people's businesses.

And his Olympic success? Other people's money too..the government's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkp89ByD518]Mitt - Federal Funding for the Olympics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQDLvNGM-Q]2002 Romney- I Know How to Get Federal Money- Look at How Much I Got for the Olympics! - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously..

Obama likes to have somebody hit for him.

If he hits a homerun Obama walks around the bases soaking in all of the cheers.

If the guy strikes out Obama says he would have gotten a hit.

If Obama is pinch running for someone and he gets caught in a pickle he has someone else replace him and getting tagged out. Obama is already out the gate on the way to Airforce One for his next Hawaiian vacation while his team is being swept in the series. When he gets back he acts like it all never happened.

If obama was running a company instead of the country.

Factory production would have fallen below a level for the company to pay its bills and make payroll.
Union benefits would exceed the company's entire production output.
No one would invest in the failure.
The company's sole source of income would be to borrow from China.
He would blame the accountants for not fiddling with the numbers to make him look good.

obama would hear "You're FIRED" quite quickly.

Obama never held a job or run a business?
He has now.

He has four years experience now and he is smoking.
Obama never was an employer? President of the united states is the most important employer in this country. He is the CEO of the most powerful business in the world. United State Government. He needs to do what Romney would do. Fire his Congress. And he should receives a big bonus for the last four years as any successful CEO would.
His job as a Community Organizer was all the experience he needed to get this job and it should be a prerequisite when applying for the job as president of the United States. Plus his education and prior Baskin and Robins job contributed. He has walked a mile in my shoes. And Romney will take my shoes away and put me in the poor house and privatize my social secuity and medicare to China..

He's smoking all right. Receive a bonus:lol::lol: His deplorable record is deserving of a demotion. He walked a mile:lol::lol: He was eating dog in Polynesia while you were struggling putting food on the table for your children.

Americans are not really interested in good presidents but only a reason to vote for their political party's nominee. Imagine, discussing with some fervor the idea that running a business is important in running a nation, what evidence do we have that's true? Today Republicans are pushing business experience, only because Romney has business experience. Had Romney been a life guard, life guarding would be the thing that makes great presidents. Of course the same concept applies to Democrats.
Political scientists and historians have searched for some years now, written books, made speeches on what makes a good president, and they may be closer to the truth, but Americans can't even agree on which of our presidents have been good.
Americans could demand and get great presidents, but instead we are told by our political party what makes good presidents--and we vote for them.

You are an idiot and a liar. Mittens did not take risks in gutting the companies he leveraged-buyout. He arranged loans that the companies were responsible to pay for and stole the assets including the pension funds from those hard working Americans.

Romney is a manipulator and a theif. You are an idiot.

I may definitely be an idiot, but I do notice that you immediately avoided my point and diverted to Romney, like I give a crap about him.

Diversion does not work with me.

Try again.

My aim is to dispute that Romney knows how to start and run a traditional business. First of all the U S government is NOT a business. It is an organization by way of constitutional mandate. Obama has experience in grass roots organizing and collegiate level study on the constitution with several elections won up to and including a U S Senator. To imply that he was unprepared for his presidency is rediculous and a lie.

Romney's business model is an outrage. What he did to amass his fortune used to put thieves like him in prison before the rules were gamed to allow his "business" to not be a federal crime.

I see.

So your aim was not to address my point but to divert away from it. Okay, I get that all the time.

Anyway, precisely how does my point make me an "idiot" and a "liar", especially when you choose to avoid my point and spin away from Obama to Romney?

Obama has absolutely no idea what it takes to conceive, start and run a real business. The huge personal risks, the daily headaches, the passion that keeps you going, the joys and the disappointments, the painfully tough decisions, the paralyzing no-win situations, the stifling and redundant regulations, none of it.

Is that knowledge and experience absolutely necessary to be President? Nope. But to claim he knows what it's like is either stunningly naive or intellectually dishonest. And he proved it, loud and clear, when he scoffed at business owners.

His record for the last four years proves you a liar.

Great! Specifics, please.

With your intimate knowledge of what it takes to start, run and grow a business, compare that to the last four years. Show us how Obama gets it as a result of his experience and record.

Go ahead. Knock it out of the park for us.

So checking back a few hours later, I notice there have been only two responses to this: Sallow's absolutely delightful "writing a book is much harder than starting a business" line -- which is now among my favorite posts here ever -- and the several transparent (if predictable) attempts to switch the conversation from Obama to Romney, which don't work with me.

LilOlLady, wanna take another whack at this? Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Writing a book is much harder than starting a business.
I have started 2 businesses both successful but could not write a book at all.
I guess I will just pull a Palin and get someone else to write it for me.

I'm not talking about natural skill set, I'm talking about the effort and risk and difficulty required. Surely we all know that.

Now, back to the point...

Last edited:

I'm not talking about natural skill set, I'm talking about the effort and risk and difficulty required. Surely we all know that.

There is no effort, risk of difficulty involved in writing a book?

All books are easy to write and will sell a million :D

His record for the last four years proves you a liar. Romney NEVER started a business. He took over businesses that were already started. The last buinessman we had screwed up the country economy and almost screwed up the world's economy. Business experience has never been a stong pre-requisite to job as president.

Talk about wishfull thinking.

Barrys done such a great job as POTUS?? Jeeze. And WOW he must really know what it takes to start and run a business.

You need to explain why UE is at 7.4%, hogwash of course. UE is probably around 14%, the ecnomy is still in the crapper and his polices haven't done jack and all those "shovel ready" jobs weren't, well, shovel ready.

The guy hasn't got a fucking clue how to get the economy up and rolling. If he did the economy should be rocking by now.

Your one delusional idiot who actually thinks Barrys done a great job. What an idiot you are.

As for the Bush years. The economy was pretty damned good and UE was around 6%. Guess thats a failure in your eyes. But then your a blind Barry supporter and a flamming idiot.

Every business man that has entered the oval office has done a terrible job of governing. Using Bush as an example? Seriously? Bush created a housing bubble. Interest rates were lowered to ZERO. And if that wasn't enough..he started not one, but 2 full fledged, bonafide, hot wars. THATS why UE was so low. He was spending like crazy. And the actual paying down of his spending...was left to Obama.

A) So all the subprime home loans that eventually collapsed because defaults STARTED Magically when Bush took office in 2001?
B) And the $5 trillion losses from the dot.com BUST ALL STARTED with Bush?
C) 9/11 WAS ALL BUSH's fault as Osama wasn't a problem till BUSH? And the $2 trillion in losses from 9/11 NEVER OCCURRED?
D) Worst Hurricanes SEASONS in HISTORY cost $1 trillion all BUSH's fault??
E) 850,000 unemployed because of dot.com/9/11/hurricanes ALL BUSH's FAULT?

IF so then BUSH should get CREDIT for:
1) 5 million more people working 2008 then 2001. FACT.. 2001 131,826,000 employed 2008 136,790,000 almost 5 million!
2) BUSH should be credited then with GDP increasing by $2 trillion or 16% to $14.3 trillion!

Would you explain then these ACTUAL FACTS TRUTHS ??

Also SPENDING??? Please show me where BUSH spent
  • 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Total surplus/deficit
  • $128 -158 -378 -412 -368 -295 -161 -438 -2,082
NOTE spending was GOING DOWN...

Last edited:

There is no effort, risk of difficulty involved in writing a book?

All books are easy to write and will sell a million :D

I've written two, though I'm sad to say they've sold just a touch under a million.

Okay, WAY the fuck under a million. Together.

But someone who is writing a book is pretty well-versed on the topic, if not an expert. It's more a matter of just controlling the flow than of coming up with something. His were autobiographies, holy crap, that's about as easy at it gets.

Creating, starting, growing, running a business? On a different planet.

I'm still waiting for LilOlLady to knock my question out of the park.

I'm still trying to figure out what a community organize does? No one seems to be able to answer this question: Are those people on Chicago's South side better off since they were "organized"??

I said from the beginning of Obama's tenure, on the job training isn't so good for a President.

He's the "Eye Candy" of the community organizers. He's the one giving out the freebies at the taxpayer's expense in exchange for votes. The children of today will have to pay for his "Freebie giveaway" tomorrow. His community organizing for America is a recipe for disaster!

Americans are not really interested in good presidents but only a reason to vote for their political party's nominee. Imagine, discussing with some fervor the idea that running a business is important in running a nation, what evidence do we have that's true? Today Republicans are pushing business experience, only because Romney has business experience. Had Romney been a life guard, life guarding would be the thing that makes great presidents. Of course the same concept applies to Democrats.
Political scientists and historians have searched for some years now, written books, made speeches on what makes a good president, and they may be closer to the truth, but Americans can't even agree on which of our presidents have been good.
Americans could demand and get great presidents, but instead we are told by our political party what makes good presidents--and we vote for them.

Whatever......

Democrats look at candidates and vote on who sounds good and looks good in a suit.
They're only interested in a winner, not an effective president.
Republicans want someone who is competent. They want somebody that is honest and follows thru on his or her promises. To Democrats honesty isn't an issue. Winning is all that matters.

And let us not forget nether can win without being popular so let's get real here.

Obama has absolutely no idea what it takes to conceive, start and run a real business. The huge personal risks, the daily headaches, the passion that keeps you going, the joys and the disappointments, the painfully tough decisions, the paralyzing no-win situations, the stifling and redundant regulations, none of it.

Is that knowledge and experience absolutely necessary to be President? Nope. But to claim he knows what it's like is either stunningly naive or intellectually dishonest. And he proved it, loud and clear, when he scoffed at business owners.

OK ..let's try this again.

So your points are that Obama has not run a real business and he scoffs at business owners.

Neither point matters. How many of our presidents have come from business? Any? Romney's last gig was a governor of a small state that had a constitutional mandate to balance it's budget. Before that he "saved " the Utah Olympics for his cronies that needed roads to their new Ski lodges by borrowing millions from the federal government.

Obama has learned a lot about big business, I suspect, when he got involved with saving the auto industry. I do not believe Obama scoffs at busness. I believe you made that up out of whole cloth..AKA a liar.

Is that clear enough? Is it on point enough?

Why would "running a company" on a resume look so good to Republicans? Here are some folks who ran companies. Would they find support among today's Republicans? I imagine so because they ran companies.

Martin Sullivan He's the genius who ran AIG

Ken Lay He's such a good businessman we all remember what company he ran, right? It was Enron.

Bernard Ebbers There's a name that's top o' the ticket material for any Republican! Bernie ran Worldcom.

Angelo Mozilo It's a real stretch to believe anyone whose name ends in a vowel would be welcome amongst the Tea Party Republicans, but Angelo ran a company too! It was called Countrywide.

You see, even though these companies augured into the ground, even though they took bailout money and even though these guys were or should be under indictment for fraud, they ran companies. Perhaps not the best experience for the Presidency. But then again, Nixon was a Republican.

Forum List

Back