Obama never held a job or run a business?

Obama has absolutely no idea what it takes to conceive, start and run a real business. The huge personal risks, the daily headaches, the passion that keeps you going, the joys and the disappointments, the painfully tough decisions, the paralyzing no-win situations, the stifling and redundant regulations, none of it.

Is that knowledge and experience absolutely necessary to be President? Nope. But to claim he knows what it's like is either stunningly naive or intellectually dishonest. And he proved it, loud and clear, when he scoffed at business owners.

Yes because becoming a lawyer is simply the easiest thing ever. That's why we have millions and millions of them. You open a cereal box..and bam..out pops a law degree. On..and the author thing? Bah..hasn't everyone written a best selling book? Where can I get yours?

Obama has absolutely no idea what it takes to conceive, start and run a real business. The huge personal risks, the daily headaches, the passion that keeps you going, the joys and the disappointments, the painfully tough decisions, the paralyzing no-win situations, the stifling and redundant regulations, none of it.

Is that knowledge and experience absolutely necessary to be President? Nope. But to claim he knows what it's like is either stunningly naive or intellectually dishonest. And he proved it, loud and clear, when he scoffed at business owners.

You forgot, I LilOlBat's case, utterly stupid.

Yes because becoming a lawyer is simply the easiest thing ever. That's why we have millions and millions of them. You open a cereal box..and bam..out pops a law degree. On..and the author thing? Bah..hasn't everyone written a best selling book? Where can I get yours?

Wow, even more diversion. You guys are breaking a record on this one. And please tell me you don't equate being an author with starting a business.

Does anyone want to respond to my request?

His record for the last four years proves you a liar. Romney NEVER started a business. He took over businesses that were already started. The last buinessman we had screwed up the country economy and almost screwed up the world's economy. Business experience has never been a stong pre-requisite to job as president.

The Wrong Résumé
By contrast, two 20th century businessmen — George W. Bush, whose sweetheart deal with the Texas Rangers made him a multimillionaire, and Herbert Hoover, who came by his mining fortune honestly — were ranked among the worst presidents ever by the same historians. Bush left the country in a sea of debt and an economic crisis rivaled only by the one that engulfed Hoover.

Both George W. Bush and Romney are Harvard Business School graduates, further padding their business cred. Once they started governing, both men failed to improve the economic lives of those under them.
The Myth of the Businessman-President - NYTimes.com

Talk about wishfull thinking.

Barrys done such a great job as POTUS?? Jeeze. And WOW he must really know what it takes to start and run a business.

You need to explain why UE is at 7.4%, hogwash of course. UE is probably around 14%, the ecnomy is still in the crapper and his polices haven't done jack and all those "shovel ready" jobs weren't, well, shovel ready.

The guy hasn't got a fucking clue how to get the economy up and rolling. If he did the economy should be rocking by now.

Your one delusional idiot who actually thinks Barrys done a great job. What an idiot you are.

As for the Bush years. The economy was pretty damned good and UE was around 6%. Guess thats a failure in your eyes. But then your a blind Barry supporter and a flamming idiot.

Every business man that has entered the oval office has done a terrible job of governing. Using Bush as an example? Seriously? Bush created a housing bubble. Interest rates were lowered to ZERO. And if that wasn't enough..he started not one, but 2 full fledged, bonafide, hot wars. THATS why UE was so low. He was spending like crazy. And the actual paying down of his spending...was left to Obama.

Wow, even more diversion. You guys are breaking a record on this one. And please tell me you don't equate being an author with starting a business.

I won't. Because being an author is much harder.

I've started a business.

I've never written a book.

I've started a business.

Breathtaking. Okay, we'll run with that.

Writing a book is "much harder" than starting, growing and running a business.

I think I'll just leave that right there, nothing else I need to say.

His record for the last four years proves you a liar. Romney NEVER started a business. He took over businesses that were already started. The last buinessman we had screwed up the country economy and almost screwed up the world's economy. Business experience has never been a stong pre-requisite to job as president.

The Wrong Résumé
By contrast, two 20th century businessmen — George W. Bush, whose sweetheart deal with the Texas Rangers made him a multimillionaire, and Herbert Hoover, who came by his mining fortune honestly — were ranked among the worst presidents ever by the same historians. Bush left the country in a sea of debt and an economic crisis rivaled only by the one that engulfed Hoover.

Both George W. Bush and Romney are Harvard Business School graduates, further padding their business cred. Once they started governing, both men failed to improve the economic lives of those under them.
The Myth of the Businessman-President - NYTimes.com

I wonder if you understand what "Founding Partner" means?

BTW, I've looked at Obama's presidential actions file. It consist mostly of memoranda delegating responsibilities to subordinates.

You are an idiot and a liar. Mittens did not take risks in gutting the companies he leveraged-buyout. He arranged loans that the companies were responsible to pay for and stole the assets including the pension funds from those hard working Americans.

Romney is a manipulator and a theif. You are an idiot.

I may definitely be an idiot, but I do notice that you immediately avoided my point and diverted to Romney, like I give a crap about him.

Diversion does not work with me.

Try again.

My aim is to dispute that Romney knows how to start and run a traditional business. First of all the U S government is NOT a business. It is an organization by way of constitutional mandate. Obama has experience in grass roots organizing and collegiate level study on the constitution with several elections won up to and including a U S Senator. To imply that he was unprepared for his presidency is rediculous and a lie.

Romney's business model is an outrage. What he did to amass his fortune used to put thieves like him in prison before the rules were gamed to allow his "business" to not be a federal crime.

I've started a business.

I won't.

Because you guys like to compare Obama's success with Romney's.

Romney started on "third base" and got a home run..Obama started outside the ball park.

The "business" Romney "created" was in the business of using other's people's money to fleece other people's businesses.

And his Olympic success? Other people's money too..the government's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkp89ByD518]Mitt - Federal Funding for the Olympics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQDLvNGM-Q]2002 Romney- I Know How to Get Federal Money- Look at How Much I Got for the Olympics! - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously..

I've started a business.

I won't.

Romney started on "third base" and got a home run..Obama started outside the ball park.

The "business" Romney "created" was in the business of using other's people's money to fleece other people's businesses.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkp89ByD518]Mitt - Federal Funding for the Olympics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQDLvNGM-Q]2002 Romney- I Know How to Get Federal Money- Look at How Much I Got for the Olympics! - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously..

"You guys" doesn't count here. I'm not voting for Romney, nor do I like or trust him.

The fact is that the OP is weak and quite wrong. It's also either naive or intellectually dishonest. And none of the responses to my posts have supported it, despite the standard insults, name-calling and diversion.

You said that writing a book is "much harder" -- your words -- than creating, growing and running a business. That alone speaks volumes, no pun intended.

Seriously.

Talk about wishfull thinking.

Barrys done such a great job as POTUS?? Jeeze. And WOW he must really know what it takes to start and run a business.

You need to explain why UE is at 7.4%, hogwash of course. UE is probably around 14%, the ecnomy is still in the crapper and his polices haven't done jack and all those "shovel ready" jobs weren't, well, shovel ready.

The guy hasn't got a fucking clue how to get the economy up and rolling. If he did the economy should be rocking by now.

Your one delusional idiot who actually thinks Barrys done a great job. What an idiot you are.

As for the Bush years. The economy was pretty damned good and UE was around 6%. Guess thats a failure in your eyes. But then your a blind Barry supporter and a flamming idiot.

Every business man that has entered the oval office has done a terrible job of governing. Using Bush as an example? Seriously? Bush created a housing bubble. Interest rates were lowered to ZERO. And if that wasn't enough..he started not one, but 2 full fledged, bonafide, hot wars. THATS why UE was so low. He was spending like crazy. And the actual paying down of his spending...was left to Obama.

Sorry to disagree but I remember the Bush years as quite good in this country. Up until the last year. Hell. I had two jobs and could have had three if I'd wanted them. There were jobs everywhere because the economy was rocking.

Of course that housing bubble was a long time in the making and Bush and McCain tried to put the brakes on FF but the Dems, Frank and Dodd wouldn't hear of their pet project being reigned in.

As for those hot wars seems to me he had congressional approval for both. Dems and Reps.

He was a big spender though. Of course Barry's no slouch in that department either.

Barry is no businessman and he sucks as POTUS. I'll be glad to see his backside in two weeks.

Poor Mitt had to spend stock he was given to "work" his way thru college.
He got his frist job after his second child was born.

If running the United States is evidence of obama's ability to run a business, we could say he ran a business - right into the ground.

Community organizer is a euphemism for community agitator.

Here's an example I recall from when I lived in the Chicago area, but no idea if Barry was involved in the particular case. A local bank and its branches (not one of the well-know national biggies) was accused of red lining, meaning they drew red lines around certain inner city neighborhoods on a map of Chicago and refused to make mortgage loans inside those red zones.

To the community agitators who worked those red neighborhoods it was racism, plain and simple. The people who lived in them were predominately black, the banks wouldn't loan to them, so they were racist.

Never mind that the banks could show examples of mortgages they had written in those neighborhoods to people who met their standard loan qualifications of employment, good credit history, etc. And that they routinely denied mortgage loans in other neighborhoods to whites or others who also didn't meet the criteria to qualify for a loan.

The community agitators couldn't care less about standard loan qualifications. They wanted this bank to make loans to their black constituents and end their alleged racist practices. And to drive home the point they organized protests outside several of the bank's branches, including in predominantly white neighborhoods. So they had groups of blacks walking in circles outside of them carrying signs and loudly chanting whatever Jesse Jackson-type rhyming ditty fit the situation and harassing people trying to enter the banks to conduct their normal business.

Naturally, the banks got criticism from their clients about having to wade through the protesters to get inside, and many threatened to take their business to banks where they wouldn't have to put up with such treatment.

Ultimately the bank didn't want to lose their good customers, so they caved to the community agitators to protect their business. They had to write enough loans to people who normally wouldn't qualify just to return their good customers' banking experiences to normalcy once again.

Naturally many of the bad mortgages defaulted and the bank had to eat the losses, and likely spread the increased costs of doing business throughout the other services they offered their customers.

And the community agitators chalked up another victory.

I've started a business.

I won't.

Seriously..
Sallow, Save the lies. People are tired of them Obama did not "start outside the ballpark". He had his rich grandparents from the start. Do you really think that Granny let her daughter and grandson do without, even before she took him to raise? Even Obama's stepfather was among the elite in Indonesia. A little honesty please.
Poor children don't spend their educations in expensive and exclusive private schools. Obama did.

Perhaps Obama's lack of success on the economy might have to do with his inability as expressed on a recent late night show, to do 7th grade math.

Obama never held a job or run a business?
He has now.

He has four years experience now and he is smoking.
Obama never was an employer? President of the united states is the most important employer in this country. He is the CEO of the most powerful business in the world. United State Government. He needs to do what Romney would do. Fire his Congress. And he should receives a big bonus for the last four years as any successful CEO would.
His job as a Community Organizer was all the experience he needed to get this job and it should be a prerequisite when applying for the job as president of the United States. Plus his education and prior Baskin and Robins job contributed. He has walked a mile in my shoes. And Romney will take my shoes away and put me in the poor house and privatize my social secuity and medicare to China..

He's gonna get his pink slip in less than a week. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Forum List

Back