Obama: "my religious faith"?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
What did ya'll think about that comment from Obama?

Obama To Sharpton: 'My Religious Faith' Makes Me Believe Republicans Will Agree To Raise Taxes | NewsBusters.org

Look, there's no doubt that I'm disappointed that not just Congress generally, but the Republicans in particular, are not willing to put serious revenue on the table as part of a balanced plan . . . So the position they're taking is short-sighted. Uh, but, uh, you know, I, uh, it, it, it must be my, uh, religious faith, reverend, cause, uh, hope springs eternal and I continue to believe that at some point common sense will prevail and we'll be able to work something out.

• Banned
I didn't say so. I asked.

But, okay, now I'll say it -- to me his tone of voice sounds mocking, and Sharpton is definitely chuckling.

He's deriding Republicans throughout but the mocking tone comes when he mentions religious faith. Faith sounds like a joke to him.

Last edited:

Obama To Sharpton: 'My Religious Faith' Makes Me Believe Republicans Will Agree To Raise Taxes | NewsBusters.org

Look, there's no doubt that I'm disappointed that not just Congress generally, but the Republicans in particular, are not willing to put serious revenue on the table as part of a balanced plan . . . So the position they're taking is short-sighted. Uh, but, uh, you know, I, uh, it, it, it must be my, uh, religious faith, reverend, cause, uh, hope springs eternal and I continue to believe that at some point common sense will prevail and we'll be able to work something out.

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified :eusa_whistle:

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified :eusa_whistle:

details details... we are being ruled by imposters - he is muslim no doubt & a coward for not admitting it.

• Banned
One day we'll all come to appreciate Obama. We'll learn that it's brilliant strategy for a president to go around making fun of the people he supposedly wants to come to a meeting of the minds with.

Last edited:

Obamaturd proves he has no religous faith all the time. He is a joke who makes jokes and jokes believe him. Wait, the jokes on here will be here soon.

But, okay, now I'll say it -- to me his tone of voice sounds mocking, and Sharpton is definitely chuckling.

He's deriding Republicans throughout but the mocking tone comes when he mentions religious faith. Faith sounds like a joke to him.

It is a joke.... you just haven't gotten it yet.

Religion exists to get less smart people to do the bidding of others.

On the point. Not sure why he keeps going back to taxes when he's been repeatedly told no on the subject. If Taxing our way out of this was the answer, he should have proposed that in 2009 and 2010 when he had control of Congress. Except he didn't want to take a bigger whuppin' than he already took.

So he keeps trying to drive a wedge between the TEA and Establishment factions of the GOP by proposing it, when he's already been told no.

this caught my attention;

but the Republicans in particular, are not willing to put serious revenue on the table as part of a balanced plan

so is he admitting reps put revenue increase on the table(?) or just disagreeing with the 'plan', becasue the super comm. dems ignored it, the msm doesn't seem to care one way or another, aside from wapo, they are just pretending they didn't put revenue increases out there.

and frankly, obama or any president sitting down with sharkskin is a new low imho. the man is garbage.

Last edited:

The drooling idiots tremble in utter fear when a Republican mentions faith.

But, this is OK, doncha know?

:lol:

Given hard-core rightist partisan obstructionism, it makes no difference whether Obama implores a deity or not.

why yes becasue there is no hard-core leftist partisan obstructionism and seeing the lay out of congress and the exec. for the last 3 years, I mean seriously, do you think at all before you write ? at all? seriously?

That's mainly because they want to impose Theocracy.

It is a joke.... you just haven't gotten it yet.

Religion exists to get less smart people to do the bidding of others.

On the point. Not sure why he keeps going back to taxes when he's been repeatedly told no on the subject. If Taxing our way out of this was the answer, he should have proposed that in 2009 and 2010 when he had control of Congress. Except he didn't want to take a bigger whuppin' than he already took.

So he keeps trying to drive a wedge between the TEA and Establishment factions of the GOP by proposing it, when he's already been told no.

Good point about 2009 and 2010.

There in Dec. 2010 when he pledged no compromise on extending the Bush tax cuts for upper income earners, and then almost immediately rolled on that, I was actually for once wishing that he would hold his ground. I would have given him huge props for standing up for what he supposedly believes in. As someone who wants a Republican president in 2012 I would have been annoyed at the way his polls would have swung upward on that, but I would have given him props. If he would have shown spine on that, I would have grudgingly said he was actually on his way to earning a 2nd term.

He could have used the bully pulpit to get the American people to call their representatives and say no to tax breaks for those who make more than $1,000,000. He could have gotten Reid and Pelosi to keep the legislature in session until they dealt with it.

But no, he flipped right away. He was too lily-livered to do it then when the Democrats had Congress. And now it's obvious that he's building his campaign around blaming Republicans for him punting on his supposed economic priorities when his side held both houses.

Last edited:

this caught my attention;

but the Republicans in particular, are not willing to put serious revenue on the table as part of a balanced plan

so is he admitting reps put revenue increase on the table(?) or just disagreeing with the 'plan', becasue the super comm. dems ignored it, the msm doesn't seem to care one way or another, aside from wapo, they are just pretending they didn't put revenue increases out there.

and frankly, obama or any president sitting down with sharkskin is a new low imho. the man is garbage.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The moving goal posts. Dems have had to quit condemning Republicans for not putting any extra tax revenue on the table, and move on to condemning them for not being willing to repeal the Bush tax cuts. Dang those Republicans for showing they were willing to compromise. It messed up the script.

That's mainly because they want to impose Theocracy.
I'd like to see you try to back up your claim. I could use a good laugh.

I've already had a good laugh at your circular reasoning.

Exactly :lol:

details details... we are being ruled by imposters - he is muslim no doubt & a coward for not admitting it.
And that would sum up that he is a Fascist control freak and has ZERO interest in Liberty of the people. Closest example is Iran and the weird-beard mullahs.

Forum List

Back