Obama Must Reach Out to Racist Voters

Nate Peele

May 25, 2008
In both the West Virginia and Kentucky Democrat primaries it was revealed that in 1/5 of the votes cast race played a role. Keep in mind that these were Democrat primaries where the most liberal people in the states voted. Far be it from me to give advice to Barrack Hussein Obama, but Kentucky and West Virginia are states Obama needs. He’s also having trouble in all states with older people who were born while Jim Crow laws were still in effect.

I have already implored Obama to distance himself from the hate speech of Reverend Wright and Martin Luther King, but at this point I don’t think that is enough. Obama must capture the racist vote if he is to win the presidency. It won’t be easy for a black man to emerge as the choice of racist America, but anybody who has seen the hilarious Cleavon Little in Blazing Saddles knows it isn’t impossible.

In order to win over racists, Obama must come up with an issue they will get behind no matter who is pushing it. Obama must come out for repealing the 1964 Civil Rights Act. This law which created the EEOC and outlawed segregation in this country has long been a bone of contention among racists. It took a Southern in Lyndon Johnson to get it passed. It would take an African-American to get it repealed. McCain who was a staunch opponent of the Martin Luther King holiday would be unable to take a similiar position over fear of losing the moderates that he needs to win.

Now don’t get me wrong. The KKK has already endorsed McCain. Obama is never going to get racists to embrace him as one of their own. However, a grudging respect and their votes would probably be worth a lot more to Obama at this time. Old habits die hard, but by playing ball Obama can change a lot of minds among those people like the voters in Kentucky and West Virginia who think they could never vote for a black man.

it's ashame how the 1/4 Black rule or whatever it was still applies.... he's black and white, but apparently all that matter is the "Black "part

Hate speech of MLK?

"God didn’t call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war. . . .
And we are criminals in that war. We’ve committed more war crimes
almost than any nation in the world, and I’m going to continue to say
it. And we won’t stop it because of our pride and our arrogance as a
nation. But God has a way of even putting nations in their place…And
if you don’t stop your reckless course, I’ll rise up and break the
backbone of your power.”

Sounds like hate speech to me.

it's ashame how the 1/4 Black rule or whatever it was still applies.... he's black and white, but apparently all that matter is the "Black "part

I think it was 1/8th. An "octaroon" IIRC. In reality it was more just you were black if you looked black.

There is no single, overarching Klu Klux Klan organization in America. I want to see which organization you refer to.

I can't figure out a Klan organization that would endorse McCain, a man who has done his utmost to oppose and work against almost everything the modern Klan culture stands for.

I do know of some discussion of people voting for Hillary or Barrack to hasten the change. "Drop a frog in hot water and he will jump out, slowly raise the heat..."

I can't figure out a Klan organization that would endorse McCain, a man who has done his utmost to oppose and work against almost everything the modern Klan culture stands for.

Both McCain and Obama are anti-white. The difference is that too many white voters probably don't figure McCain is. David Duke recommends voting for Obama: if a black man is elected president and fires up the anti-white hate machine, whites will wake up more quickly. If it's McCain, they'll just duh-duh along as usual.

Only to the 85-90% of blacks voting for Obama. Get real. How many whites are supporting him? More than 30%, which says that of 3 viable candidates, he picks up his share. Black voters? Neither of the other two candidates come close.

Who's racist?

I love how it is assumed that whites who don't or won't vote for or whites who criticize BHO are racist while the Obamas participation in Black liberation Theology which states as one of its tenets the destruction of the white enemy is given a pass.

Because I see this does it mean I am a racist? because I am offended by Wright and Pfleger, am I a racist?

Michelle Obma in her undergarduate thesis at princeton

you can read it here

http://http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

basically comes to the conclusion that Blacks who interact with whites are less concerned with helping the Black community and more concerned with their careers and families. She spins this as a negative result of Blacks recieving college educations in predominantly White schools. it is clear that she thinks Black/White interaction as detrimental to Blacks and a negative influence on Black ideology. Is this not racist?

I don't know if I want to throw labels around, I certainly don't state as one of my reasons for not supporting Obama as the color of his skin. i have plenty of philosophical reasons for voting against Obama. But most of the race baiting seems to be coming from Obama's supporters. criticize Wright and you are attacking the Black church, typical White people etc.

Only to the 85-90% of blacks voting for Obama. Get real. How many whites are supporting him? More than 30%, which says that of 3 viable candidates, he picks up his share. Black voters? Neither of the other two candidates come close.

Who's racist?

What do you consider racism? discriminating against someone who doesn't look like you or agreeing with someone who does look like you? Theres a difference.

(Plus, Hillary was ahead in the "Black Vote" until some of her camps remarks.)

What do you consider racism? discriminating against someone who doesn't look like you or agreeing with someone who does look like you? Theres a difference.

(Plus, Hillary was ahead in the "Black Vote" until some of her camps remarks.)

Be careful asking that question.....Larkinn will be all over it and say everything is racist...but "some racism isn't bad." LOL.

He'll say you're racist if you acknowledge the fact that Mexicans eat Mexican Food....:rofl:

Forum List

Back