Obama must fail

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Reduce nuclear weapons by one third
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

Obama Deficits> Entire Reagan Budgets

Gas $4

Unemployment 9%

USA AAA Credit rating sails off into the sunset

and potential Republican 2012 lineup looks like the 1927 Yankees

And look where we are: Inflation, high unemployment, high gas prices, massive debt.

I can't imagine why anyone would have wanted Obama to fail [/sarcasm]

Republicans are going to have to convince America that they are miserable. Both Reagan and Bush proved that Americans don't care about deficits. They also proved that the way to get out of an economic crisis is deficit spending

Gas has spiked due to the middle east revolutions. The price of a barrel of oil dropped 15% last week and is back under $100.

Unemployment is trending downward and we are adding 200,000 plus jobs a month. Once again, it comes down to misery. A 7 percent or 8 percent unemployment rate does not matter to people if they, themselves have a job

Gas $4

Unemployment 9%

1927 Yankees???

You mean the Republican candidates are dead and buried? I wouldn't have phrased it that way,....but I agree

Ironic isn't it he's completely Failed and we haven't had to bother making him fail

Last edited:
Ironic isn't it he's completely Failed and we haven't had to bother making him fail

Thanks Robert

I forgot the other key Republican strategy. Take whatever Obama has accomplished and scream FAIL before it has even taken effect. It works with Fox News viewers, but real voters look at it and say....are you fucking kidding me?

When are the Republicans going to list their accomplishments over the last four years? How about the last ten years?

Last edited:
After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

And these are the things that you think Obama should run his campaign on? Oh I hope he does. I really hope he does.....

Thanks Robert

I forgot the other key Republican strategy. Take whatever Obama has accomplished and scream FAIL. It works with Fox News viewers, but real voters look at it and say....are you fucking kidding me?

When are the Republicans going to list their accomplishments over the last four years? How about the last ten years?

Your welcome I thought it was completely appropriate to point out the simple fact. I suppose its a bit redundant I mean after all by your logic he would either be setup to fail or he would fail which he did either way as history will accord he failed

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

And these are the things that you think Obama should run his campaign on? Oh I hope he does. I really hope he does.....

Me too.

And I hope the Republicans run on their record. Quick. Besides blocking everything Obama did and giving up on Bin Laden, name something.

Old-people-with-motorcycke.jpg

Thanks GOP. For what you've done to the elderly.
Hope we can do the same to you!

(Paid for by the National Republican Party Committee to re-elect President Obama)

Last edited by a moderator:
And I hope the Republicans run on their record. Quick. Besides blocking everything Obama did and giving up on Bin Laden, name something.

(Paid for by the National Republican Party Committee to re-elect President Obama)

Well, let me think.... They defunded ACORN, They tried to take out that HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars that is NPR, They held the country hostage so that their billionaire buddies tax rates wouldn't go back to the pre-Bush era and remain at the damn near historic lows that they are today(and they are still screaming poverty).

That's about it.

Well, let me think.... They defunded ACORN, They tried to take out that HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars that is NPR, They held the country hostage so that their billionaire buddies tax rates wouldn't go back to the pre-Bush era and remain at the damn near historic lows that they are today(and they are still screaming poverty).

That's about it.

ACORN, NPR and tax cuts for billionaires...

That's the GOP platform? You might just as well run on the birth certificate

Gas $4

Unemployment 9%

1927 Yankees???

You mean the Republican candidates are dead and buried? I wouldn't have phrased it that way,....but I agree

Ha..Ha... You beat me to it! Gotta hand it to these guys...they serve up humor on a silver platter..:lol: :lol: :lol:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

the GOP can't even show what it accomplished in the last 12 years.

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

Me as well..oh and the fact that he killed bin laden.

He is guaranteed a win in 2012. If you dont agree, who will beat him? Who? How close is this magical person's policies to Bush? WE ALMOST HAD ANOTHER DEPRESSION..and Obama had to fix that mess. Thank you sir. Obama 1012! :clap2:

That's about it.

ACORN, NPR and tax cuts for billionaires...

That's the GOP platform? You might just as well run on the birth certificate

That was kind of my point.

Forum List

Back