Obama, Muslim -come on

Why would anyone find a religious symbol in a higly religious country such as ours controversial? Makes just as little sense. Some people find displays of the flag controversial. Some people would find any symbol involving a weapon of any sort controversial. Some would find anything representing a respect for life controversial. Some would find anything representing the traditional family controversial. Some would find anything representing commerce or free trade controversial. Some would find anything representing the military controversial. There will always be idiots like you just dying to find something controversial.

Our country does have a lot of Christians, I agree, but do you realize that many of those Christians also support the idea of the Separation of Church and state, and would rather we not have a government who endorses a single religion, but rather a government that remains neutral when it comes to this subject?

Again you clearly do not understand what the separation of church and state means. Maybe if you had spent some of that time in college actually learning something instead of undergoing indoctrination you'd know that.

Again you clearly do not understand what the separation of church and state means. Maybe if you had spent some of that time in college actually learning something instead of undergoing indoctrination you'd know that.

So why, in your view, do I "clearly" not understand what the definition of separation of church and state means? I want to here some substance, Unkotare, not psychobabble ramblings.

I'm not "scared" of what the media will talk about.

Bullshit. You've spent several pages here proving that you are. It's the ultimate sin according to the professors that programmed you.

So according to "the professors that programmed me", being scared of the "what the media will talk about" is the "ultimate sin"?

It's like I'm talking with a psychopath. Somebody save me from this insanity.

Your point is obviously wrong since people are still talking about it. Covering up a religious symbol in a highly religious country for obvious PC reasons is inevitably its own distraction. You PC secularists can't escape the fact of the country you live in. You would probably be happier living somewhere else.

You are correct, people are still talking about it, and the plan somewhat backfired on the President. Why? Because of whiny people. This world would be much better off without all of these whiners - and I’m referring to those on both sides of this case; the whiners who can’t bear to see their little cross temporarily covered up, and the whiners who can’t stand to see the cross behind the President. The whiners are the distractors, and you are one of them Unk.

Finally why do you think I’d be happier elsewhere? I love this country, and I love the fact that our government is separated from our church. If you don’t like the concept of separation of church and state, then it sounds like you're the one who should be moving. I hear Iran’s gov’t is rather closely intertwined with its national religion, maybe you should give Tehran a shot?

Last edited:
whether obama is a christian or not has nothing to do with the fact he is a Muslim. He was raised as a young boy in Kenya and indonesia and went to Muslim schools the first part of his life. His father is a Muslim. Obama is a Muslim, and whether he claims to be a christian doesn't mean he is not a Muslim.

whether obama is a christian or not has nothing to do with the fact he is a Muslim. He was raised as a young boy in Kenya and indonesia and went to Muslim schools the first part of his life. His father is a Muslim. Obama is a Muslim, and whether he claims to be a christian doesn't mean he is not a Muslim.

Obama openly states he is a Christian, which officially makes him not a Muslim (one who is a follower of the Islamic faith).

Also the fact that you claim Obama was raised a Muslim, or that his father was a Muslim is in no way ‘proof’ that he is currently a Muslim. Do you adhere to all of the beliefs of your parents, and your childhood? From a personal example, I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools as a child, but I am definitely not Catholic as an adult. The adult Obama identifies himself as a Christian, so what gives you the right to say that he’s lying? Do you know Obama personally and have seen him praying to Mecca recently? Did you have a conversation with him where he told you that he was a Muslim, and that he’s been lying to everyone for years about being a Christian?

I think you’re just making baseless assumptions. Saying that someone has to be a Muslim because their father was a Muslim is a baseless, factless assumption.

Last edited:

So why, in your view, do I "clearly" not understand what the definition of separation of church and state means? I want to here some substance, Unkotare, not psychobabble ramblings.

It's not my job to educated ignorant lefties like you. Go find someone who gives a shit about you to explain it. Suffice to say, it has nothing to do with hiding religion from public view.

It's not my job to educated ignorant lefties like you. Go find someone who gives a shit about you to explain it. Suffice to say, it has nothing to do with hiding religion from public view.

Having the President give a general, official policy speech with a giant cross behind him could be interpreted as religious favoritism by a public office, one that would cause unnecessary controversy, and the President (rationally) wanted to avoid this.

Religious favoritism is something that our gov't avoids to adhere to the principle of separation of church and state.

And by the way, believe me I'm glad that "it's not your job" to educate me or anyone else for that matter because you sound like a real nutcase.

Last edited:

Bullshit. You birther nuts need to either get some real PROOF or just shut up. He didn't spend time in an African country that didn't even exist.

What he did do was get born in Hawaii. No Magic African planted two birth announcements in two different Honolulu papers.

He also was baptized in a Christian church, got married in a Christian church, baptized his two children in a Christian church and now attends Christian church.

All the birther stuff does is prove the utter and complete stupidity of the damn rw's. Get a friggin clue already.

Bullshit. You birther nuts need to either get some real PROOF or just shut up. He didn't spend time in an African country that didn't even exist.

What he did do was get born in Hawaii. No Magic African planted two birth announcements in two different Honolulu papers.

He also was baptized in a Christian church, got married in a Christian church, baptized his two children in a Christian church and now attends Christian church.

All the birther stuff does is prove the utter and complete stupidity of the damn rw's. Get a friggin clue already.

It's a difficult task to debate with conspiracy theorists because they're not constrained to operate within the realm of factual information like the rest of us.

They'll present even the most arbitrary pieces of information as "proof" to strengthen their case, and often will care less about using double standards to get their point across.

Example of a double standard: won't believe Obama when he says he's a Christian, but in a heartbeat would accept Obama for his word if he were to publicly announce he is a Muslim.

Last edited:
You are correct, people are still talking about it, and the plan somewhat backfired on the President. Why? Because of whiny people.

In other words, you admit you were wrong. The whiners are the tiny minority of atheists and militant secularists who would be "distracted" - like YOU. The vast majority of people in this vastly religious country would not be. Now go sit down and shut up.

Finally why do you think I’d be happier elsewhere? I love this country, and I love the fact that our government is separated from our church.

It sure sounds like you are uncomfortable with the FACT that most people in this country identify with some religious beliefs, and it is very clear that you do NOT understand what the separation of church and state even means.

Having the President give a general, official policy speech with a giant cross behind him could be interpreted as religious favoritism by a public office.

Only by whiny bitches like you, as you have all but admitted.

I know that he refers to the quran as the "holy quran".
I know that he does not refer to the Bible as the "holy Bible".
I know when he quotes the quran, it usually has some ugly message in the passages following the ones he quoted.
I know when he quotes the Bible, he is trying to manipulate Christian behavior for "his" agenda.
I know that he treats 'non-muslim' holy men with little respect (Dali Lama, Pope).
I know he bowed to the 'leader' of the muslim world.
Exactly who is the "leader" of the Muslim world?? :doubt:

The one that controls access to the black rock you worship.

It seems you Obama - Muslim guys would just give it up and admit you have been wrong.
A relevant quote on this today from "The Nation":

Those who fervently believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim generally practice their furtive religion in obscure recesses of the Internet.

"....obscure recesses...."???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVaOMsIyOI]Jesus Rises - SXSW Grindhouse Trailer - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back