Obama: “Muslim-Americans Are As Patriotic, And American As Any Other Members Of The American Family”

They are both religions and both have mostly good members and some really really crazy fundie members.......honestly.

You've never been honest in your life.

Quick Stalker Troll, HOW many people have Christians killed in the name of their god this week?

How about your Islamic allies?

How many innocents did we kill with "collateral damage" this week?

If you really cared that much about women's rights and welfare, you wouldn't be obsessing about just Islam. Maybe you'd wonder about what happens with women in Guatamala, right on our back doorstep, or Pakistan, where girls get shot for wanting an education, instead of obsessing on American Muslims.

Do you have any data to show that Muslims in America have higher rates of domestic abuse than other groups? How about views towards women's rights?

The truth about Muslims in America - CNN.com
While in many parts of the Muslim world, women are confined to second-class status, that's not the case among American Muslims. Virtually all of them, 90%, agree that women should be able to work outside the home. American Muslim women hold more college or postgraduate degrees than Muslim men. And they are more likely to work in professional fields than women from most other U.S. religious groups.

Why do you consistently apologize and make excuses for this cult which is based on the teachings of a pedophilic war lord? It's just weird.

Why do you have such a phobic reaction to facts? It's just plain weird.

Why do you keep quoting things about American Muslims (who could have converted, been BORN and raised with more moderate and secular values) when we are talking about Muslims being imported from the Middle East where INDEED women are abused and treated as second class citizens? You are incredibly dishonest.

Maybe because that's what this thread is about. The OP took issue with the President of the United States saying that Muslim Americans are just as invested in this country and as patriotic as any other American. You seem to disagree with that sentiment despite not knowing any Muslims personally.

Did you serve? I did, alongside Muslim Americans who also served. Are you more patriotic than they are?

Says you. I don't believe you one bit. You are probably a Muslim man.
:rofl: :rofl: You crack me up!

Try and put 2 and 2 together. One poll says that 48% of Muslims believe their religious leaders have NOT done enough to quell islamic terrorism. ANOTHER poll says that 52% of American Muslims believe that Sharia law is their RIGHT.

That second poll's methodology has been thoroughly discredited. Let's try to stick to Pew since they have a good reputation.

You not adding 2 and 2. You are putting apples and oranges together and trying to convince us they are the same.

If 48% American Muslims believe their religious leaders have not done enough to quell Islamic terrorism, that does not mean that the rest believe in instituting Sharia. Let's try to be logical.

Let's be logical. If there are 100,000 muslim refugees, and only 1 % are terrorists, how terrorists are we letting in our country? Remember, these guys don't just do ordinary crime. They kill indiscriminately in mass numbers, even aged priests and newborn babes. Mad dog killers. What's been happening in Europe just this week should make a person with some common sense say, "wait a minute, maybe Trump has a point about not importing any more muslims here till we can figure things out".

Banning immigration of an entire religion worldwide is not the answer.
I don't know of the poll saying a maj of American Muslims believe Sharia law is "their right." I know American Muslims where the wife does cover at least her head, and walks behind her husband, and their children, at least female, may not wear traditional school uniforms because, for example, their legs are uncovered.

If they are saying they want to live apart in terms of social morals .... that don't run afoul of child and spouse welfare laws .... like Amish, why do we care?

I'm curious as to the poll's questions.

She's mixing up different polls, but the one I think she is referring to is the one referred to in this article: Trump Calls for Ban on Muslims, Cites Deeply Flawed Poll

They are both religions and both have mostly good members and some really really crazy fundie members.......honestly.

Quick Stalker Troll, HOW many people have Christians killed in the name of their god this week?

So, our military causes collateral damage over there, so we bring more muzzies here to even things up. Got it.

Why do you keep quoting things about American Muslims (who could have converted, been BORN and raised with more moderate and secular values) when we are talking about Muslims being imported from the Middle East where INDEED women are abused and treated as second class citizens? You are incredibly dishonest.

Maybe because that's what this thread is about. The OP took issue with the President of the United States saying that Muslim Americans are just as invested in this country and as patriotic as any other American. You seem to disagree with that sentiment despite not knowing any Muslims personally.

Did you serve? I did, alongside Muslim Americans who also served. Are you more patriotic than they are?

With less than 1% of the population in America being Muslims, all one has to do is look at the problems they've caused here in America. Anyone can see that if you import MORE, then the violence is going to pick up. Do you deny this?

They don't seem to have caused many problems in America when you consider we have 3.3 million Muslim American citizens.

Fort hood, San Bernardino, Orlando. The more you bring, the more problems we'll continue to have.

3 out of 3.3 million.

If you really cared that much about women's rights and welfare, you wouldn't be obsessing about just Islam. Maybe you'd wonder about what happens with women in Guatamala, right on our back doorstep, or Pakistan, where girls get shot for wanting an education, instead of obsessing on American Muslims.

Do you have any data to show that Muslims in America have higher rates of domestic abuse than other groups? How about views towards women's rights?

The truth about Muslims in America - CNN.com
While in many parts of the Muslim world, women are confined to second-class status, that's not the case among American Muslims. Virtually all of them, 90%, agree that women should be able to work outside the home. American Muslim women hold more college or postgraduate degrees than Muslim men. And they are more likely to work in professional fields than women from most other U.S. religious groups.

Why do you consistently apologize and make excuses for this cult which is based on the teachings of a pedophilic war lord? It's just weird.

Nobody is "making excuses" for religious extremism, quite the opposite in fact.

Islam isn't the cult, ISIL is.

Islam is a cult that was invented by a man who was a pedophile and a war lord.

^^^:lol:

But it's the mooooolims that are the idoologial extremists. :lol:

Are you saying it's not true? Sorry, the founder of Islam was a pedophilic war lord. That's a fact.

No, it's an opinion. Here's another.

The truth about Muhammad and Aisha

Mary could have been married at age 12...and she was only betrothed to Joseph so maybe she was between 11 and 15? Does that make the Christian god a pedophile or just a statutory rapist?

You think American Christians are "bad?" You haven't seen anything yet. Lol. People who follow Islam HATE homos. Nothing like fighting against yourself and ALL the progress that we've made in this country in order to appease an angry, regressive and despicable group of religious people! :lol: No common sense whatsoever.
People who follow Evangelical Christianity HATE "homos" (even more than American Moooooslims do). I still love and respect my Christian friends.

Wrong on so many levels. I am not Christian, but I have never seen Christians persecuting, beating, harassing or killing gays like Muslims do. I do not believe Christian hate gays at all. In most cases they are highly sympathetic to them. They believe in traditional marriage and some believe homosexuality is a sin. Yet they never persecute gays. So get your head out of your ass.

With less than 1% of the population in America being Muslims, all one has to do is look at the problems they've caused here in America. Anyone can see that if you import MORE, then the violence is going to pick up. Do you deny this?

They don't seem to have caused many problems in America when you consider we have 3.3 million Muslim American citizens.

Fort hood, San Bernardino, Orlando. The more you bring, the more problems we'll continue to have.

None of the perpetrators of those crimes were "brought" to the US, they were born here...just like the Planned Parenthood shooter, the South Carolina shooter and the Sandy Hook shooter.

Try and put 2 and 2 together. One poll says that 48% of Muslims believe their religious leaders have NOT done enough to quell islamic terrorism. ANOTHER poll says that 52% of American Muslims believe that Sharia law is their RIGHT.

That second poll's methodology has been thoroughly discredited. Let's try to stick to Pew since they have a good reputation.

You not adding 2 and 2. You are putting apples and oranges together and trying to convince us they are the same.

If 48% American Muslims believe their religious leaders have not done enough to quell Islamic terrorism, that does not mean that the rest believe in instituting Sharia. Let's try to be logical.

Let's be logical. If there are 100,000 muslim refugees, and only 1 % are terrorists, how terrorists are we letting in our country? Remember, these guys don't just do ordinary crime. They kill indiscriminately in mass numbers, even aged priests and newborn babes. Mad dog killers. What's been happening in Europe just this week should make a person with some common sense say, "wait a minute, maybe Trump has a point about not importing any more muslims here till we can figure things out".

I don't know of the poll saying a maj of American Muslims believe Sharia law is "their right." I know American Muslims where the wife does cover at least her head, and walks behind her husband, and their children, at least female, may not wear traditional school uniforms because, for example, their legs are uncovered.

If they are saying they want to live apart in terms of social morals .... that don't run afoul of child and spouse welfare laws .... like Amish, why do we care?

She's mixing up different polls, but the one I think she is referring to is the one referred to in this article: Trump Calls for Ban on Muslims, Cites Deeply Flawed Poll

What do you need polls for. Muslim cause these major problems in every country they come to. It's up to our leaders to protect us from this. Obama flunks on this, so will mrs. clinton. Maybe we can't do much with the muslims here, but tell me this. How does it help our country to bring more of them here? I'm talking penniless refugees with no skills and very little possibility of assimilation. What do they have to offer other than more violence?

Syria Article 3 of the 1973 Syrian constitution declares Islamic jurisprudence one of Syria's main sources of legislation.[141] The Personal Status Law 59 of 1953 (amended by Law 34 of 1975) is essentially a codified Islamic law.[142] The Code of Personal Status is applied to Muslims by Sharia courts.[143] In Sharia courts, a woman's testimony is worth only half of a man's.[144]

And? Do you have any evidence that is what the Syrian American community in this country believes?

This is how they are born and raised to believe, you moron. Tolerance has it's limits, as it should. I tolerate you jokers every day because you are basically harmless stupid ideologues. I do not tolerate violent ideologies that oppress women, marry off children, execute gays, etc.

I don't believe any of us tolerate cultures who practice that.

Nope....but we do understand that it is the culture, not the religion, that is the root.

You think American Christians are "bad?" You haven't seen anything yet. Lol. People who follow Islam HATE homos. Nothing like fighting against yourself and ALL the progress that we've made in this country in order to appease an angry, regressive and despicable group of religious people! :lol: No common sense whatsoever.
People who follow Evangelical Christianity HATE "homos" (even more than American Moooooslims do). I still love and respect my Christian friends.

Wrong on so many levels. I am not Christian, but I have never seen Christians persecuting, beating, harassing or killing gays like Muslims do. I do not believe Christian hate gays at all. In most cases they are highly sympathetic to them. They believe in traditional marriage and some believe homosexuality is a sin. Yet they never persecute gays. So get your head out of your ass.

Homophobia knows no religious bounds - how many of these do you suppose are Christian?
History of violence against LGBT people in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are Christian denominations in this country where there are homosexual ministers. Other Christians leave them alone. Imagine a mosque led by a homo minister or whatever you call their ministers. There would soon be death and destrucion.

What do you need polls for. Muslim cause these major problems in every country they come to. It's up to our leaders to protect us from this. Obama flunks on this, so will mrs. clinton. Maybe we can't do much with the muslims here, but tell me this. How does it help our country to bring more of them here? I'm talking penniless refugees with no skills and very little possibility of assimilation. What do they have to offer other than more violence?

The fact you even THINK we need to do something with muslims here is deeply disturbing.

Homophobia knows no religious bounds - how many of these do you suppose are Christian?
History of violence against LGBT people in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christ, you can do better than that to prove a universal point.

What's the point, that homophobia is universal or that it has historically existed in the US?

I don't suffer ding bats gladly.

Are you saying it's not true? Sorry, the founder of Islam was a pedophilic war lord. That's a fact.

Mary could have been married at age 12...and she was only betrothed to Joseph so maybe she was between 11 and 15? Does that make the Christian god a pedophile or just a statutory rapist?

Nice bluff piece dude. It has been well recognized that Mohammad forced Aisha to marry him when she was between 6-8. He then consummated their marriage when she was 10-12. He was old enough to be her grandfather. He was a sick pedophile and that is why the sick pedophiles throughout the Muslims world do not see what they are doing as wrong, but it is exactly what their idol allowed and condoned.

Furthermore Mohammad was a warlord and mass murdered. He personally ordered the sacking of peaceful towns and villages and slaughtered 10s of thousands of innocent men, women and children. He forced people to convert and he forced countless women to marry him. He was a liar that would backstab anyone he made peace treaties with.

He was not less than a monster. Yet the left tries
to tell us to condone them.

Muslim homophobes. No need to say that because they are all homophobes. Even the one's who rape little boys. A crazy religion. Hopefully Trump will be the new prez and put a stop to this "celebrate diversity" insanity.

Nice bluff piece dude. It has been well recognized that Mohammad forced Aisha to marry him when she was between 6-8. He then consummated their marriage when she was 10-12. He was old enough to be her grandfather. He was a sick pedophile and that is why the sick pedophiles throughout the Muslims world do not see what they are doing as wrong, but it is exactly what their idol allowed and condoned.

Furthermore Mohammad was a warlord and mass murdered. He personally ordered the sacking of peaceful towns and villages and slaughtered 10s of thousands of innocent men, women and children. He forced people to convert and he forced countless women to marry him. He was a liar that would backstab anyone he made peace treaties with.

He was not less than a monster. Yet the left tries
to tell us to condone them.
Amen...I mean Allah Akhbar.

There are Christian denominations in this country where there are homosexual ministers. Other Christians leave them alone. Imagine a mosque led by a homo minister or whatever you call their ministers. There would soon be death and destrucion.

Christians in secular western countries have become much more tolerant of homosexuals and supportive of their rights - that's a relatively recent trend that is particularly strong in younger people. Outside those countries - not so much. Tolerance and acceptance seem to go along with wealth and education more than religion. Muslims in the US aren't too different than Christians in the US in regards to increased tolerance.

In America, Muslims Are More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Evangelical Christians
But a couple of Pew polls might help explain what's going on here. It is true that there is a tremendous amount of hostility to gays and lesbians in countries where Islam is a dominant religion. A Pew poll from 2013 had the vast majority of Muslims in 36 countries overseas declaring that homosexuality is immoral. When I say "vast majority," I mean numbers like 90 percent.

But a recent poll in 2015, also by Pew, shows that American Muslims are much less likely to share this attitude. By comparison, 45 percent of American Muslims approve of homosexuality, and 42 percent of Muslims support same-sex marriage recognition. In both cases, a greater number disapprove of acceptance than approve. But then, so do Evangelical Christians in numbers greater than American Muslims. Only 36 percent of Evangelical Christians approve of homosexuality and only 28 percent of Evangelical Christians support same-sex marriage recognition.

So, our military causes collateral damage over there, so we bring more muzzies here to even things up. Got it.
I don't do religious name calling, son.

You've obviously never looked. There are more Evangelical Christians in the United States calling for the execution of gays than there are Muslims in the United States doing the same. (at least publicly) Kevin Swanson ring any bells?

American Muslims are more accepting of gay marriage than Evangelical Christians are.

religious-groups-on-marriage-equality-v3.png

And just because American Christians can't get away with killing gays here, doesn't mean they don't want to try elsewhere...like where the culture is more open to it. (like Russia and Uganda)

How Anti Gay Christians Evangelize Hate Abroad

Forum List

Back