Obama muffed U.S. motto

"E pluribus unum" is an unofficial motto of the U.S. and has been on the national seal since the late 18th century.

"In God We Trust" was made the official motto of the U.S. in the 1950's. Whoopie

It's a big whoopie to these Teahadists because this president said it, that's all.

I think "In God We Trust" is ONE of our National Mottos.

I think "E Pluribus Unum" is ANOTHER of our National Mottos.

I enjoy dumping on this President in most cases. But this particular criticism falls short of the mark.

Oh well.

I'm pretty sure President Obama will fuck something up soon enough.

I enjoy dumping on this President in most cases. But this particular criticism falls short of the mark.

Oh well.

I wonder how many heads this will zoom over? Especially the last sentence?
:lol:

Oh well.

That he will, no worries.

But I prefer to dump on him for fer real intentional fuck-ups. Not stupid shit like this.

Members of Congress on Monday called on President Obama to issue a public correction after he incorrectly labeled E pluribus unum the U.S.'s motto in a speech last month, rather than "In God We Trust."

The lawmakers, members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, also said the president was making "a pattern" of dropping the word "Creator" when he recites the self-evident truths of the Declaration of Independence.

Obama muffed U.S. motto - Washington Times

Some would say his stupidity is intentional but I swear to God he said he was a Christian. Didn't he?

I am sure the God Ra screams from his pyramid temple in Egypt, to this outrageous neglect! Oh, and Ra was here before Moses & his band of merry men shit in their diapers, and this probably isn't any of the Christians concern.

"E pluribus unum" is an unofficial motto of the U.S. and has been on the national seal since the late 18th century.

"In God We Trust" was made the official motto of the U.S. in the 1950's. Whoopie

So then.....the official motto is "in God We Trust" and not "E pluribus unum"

It is a mistake that warrants correction.

If The Prsident opted to fly a Chicago Cubs flag in the oval office as opposed to the American Flag and he publicly referred to it as the American Flag, would you not want congress to inist he correct himself?

No, certainly not. Oval Office furnishings are no more relevant to congress than messing up the "Official Motto" of the United States.

when unemployment is under 5% and the federal budget is balanced, i will give a rats ass about another Obama goof up
Congress is there to do the business of the PEOPLE, not make fake outrage over minor little bullshit like this

So then.....the official motto is "in God We Trust" and not "E pluribus unum"

It is a mistake that warrants correction.

If The Prsident opted to fly a Chicago Cubs flag in the oval office as opposed to the American Flag and he publicly referred to it as the American Flag, would you not want congress to inist he correct himself?

Did he say that E pluribus unum was the OFFICIAL motto, or simply the motto?

The fact of the matter is that E pluribus unum was used in an official capacity 174 years prior to In God we Trust was made the "official motto"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back