Obama more popular than Romney or Santorum

In the new survey, 54% of Republicans said they hold a favorable opinion of Romney, while 67% said the same in January. Among all Americans, 34% described the candidate as likable, down from 41% last month.

Meanwhile, Santorum's recent victories have boosted his standing among Republicans, 56% of whom had a good opinion of the former Pennsylvania senator, up from 49% in January.

The survey was conducted Friday through Monday, the tail end of a big week for Santorum with three contest victories followed by a spike in fundraising and poll numbers.

But among all Americans, Santorum's favorable rating has remained flat. Thirty-two percent held a good opinion in the new survey, while 31% said the same in January.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich received positive reviews from roughly half of all Republicans.

But those numbers declined when Americans of all political affiliations were surveyed. In that case, Paul came in at 42%, ahead of Romney and Santorum, and Gingrich's favorable rating fell to 25%.

That leaves only one presidential candidate in the race with a national favorable rating above the 50% mark: President Barack Obama.

Among all Americans, Obama received positive reviews from 53%, with the poll suggesting he may have grown more popular in recent months.

CNN Poll: Romney’s likability fading – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Regardless of what the polls say, Obama's record of what he accomplished is going to follow him to the pink slip the American people hand him this November.

1. It has been shown that George W. Bush is not responsible for Obama's abysmal unemployment line syndrome.

2. It has been shown that George W. Bush is not responsible for Obama's call to minions in the treasury to hurry up the half a billion dollars out to Solyndra, which used the money to fire 11,000 people less than 2 years later. That money came out of the little taxpayer people's paychecks to the IRS. Not only that, but the same people in Solyndra are also the Pelosi relatives building a solar-powered generating plant out in the middle of the Nevada desert. Can you say nepotism?

3. When Obama canned American companies petitioning for drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, he left the door wide open for anybody else to drill, and like clockwork, Cuba has invited their friends the Russians to drill a few miles south of Key West. That is so far beyond stupid. Or was it? Is Obama proving to be the Manchurian candidate or what!

4. Oh, yes, and due to Obama's oversight and not looking, Hugo Chavez is hooking up with the Russians to build a Russian weapons manufacturing plant in Venezuela, just a coupla hundred miles south of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hugo is telling people that America gave him his cancer on purpose.

5. Obama opened the door for Sadr to take over in Iraq by removing all of our troops from Iraq under stern disapproval from his military. Sadr will have no compunctions about cleansing Iraq of all people friendly to the United States.

We're screwed if Obama stays. Throw the bum out.

Are you laboring under some misconception that Obama did any of the above 5 items without their being considerable groundwork laid by previous Administrations be they Republican or Democrat, not to mention without Congressional support?

If you believe that nonsense, you were screwed long before Obama took office. If a Republican happens to become President in 2012, I guarantee that not one damn thing will change, except your attitude toward it.

If a Republican happens to become President in 2012, I guarantee that not one damn thing will change, except your attitude toward it.
The sad truth. I like to ask lot of Obama supporter what, specifically, Obama is doing that makes him so much better than Bush and I always get a lot of sputtering. That could be that most of them have no idea what Obama has done though ;)

All of our 'leaders' are cut from the same cloth. They take different paths to get the same goal....

Reminds me of the Pew poll this week:

In November, Romney was beating Obama among [independents], 53-41. Now those numbers are upside down: Obama is beating Romney among them, 51-42. That’s a net 19 point net swing of independents in Obama’s direction in three months.

Sad Mittens.

Reminds me of the Pew poll this week:

In November, Romney was beating Obama among [independents], 53-41. Now those numbers are upside down: Obama is beating Romney among them, 51-42. That’s a net 19 point net swing of independents in Obama’s direction in three months.

Sad Mittens.

And proof that polls this far out are utterly meaningless. The fact that he is still not the nominee makes those polls even more meaningless. They are utter conjecture and when November rolls around they are going to be completely different.

I am not saying I support Obama. I am just saying that people are lulled into complacency and are too busy burping and farting to really know what is going on so he will probably get reelected.

I wonder if the overall media coverage has been honest, or pro Obama. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

And in other news, who really gives a rats ass? November will be judgement day for politicians, we will see what happens then, not now "not 9 months early".

It's going to come down to the economy, Chris. If it gets better, Obama has a shot. If it gets worse he's screwed. At the moment he's praying that the American economic "engine" is strong enough to withstand his three years of underwhelming leadership and recover from the recession despite his policies. If anything goes wrong in the Middle East or in Europe however he is in big trouble because to be blunt...he has no answers. His talents lie mostly in making vague promises and then blaming others for bad results. You've got to hand it to the man...three years and counting and his true believers are still buying what he's selling. Now the question is...can they convince enough independents come next November that he's the man for the job. I don't see it, personally...

Forum List

Back