Obama More Popular In Texas Than Perry

Perry can not send US Treasury checks out to everyone and their brother in Texas.
Obama can and takes great pride in increasing the # of moochers who get them.

That's interesting since it seems like the Neo-Cons take great pride and measure success by how they can make the rich richer while at the same time increasing the number of poor.

I take great pride in seeing you or anyone get rich.
Show me some proof of someone, anyone, someplace, somewhere in America that wants to increase the number of poor?
Especially wealthy people Goose. Now come on my man, all that does is increase their taxes even more.

Gadawg, most wealthy people that I have known, I have respected. And most wanted to see everyone doing well. Most. I have known and worked for some that the temptation to deal with them in calibers was almost overwhelming. They were also the places that were unionized. Because that was the only way that the workers could get a safe working environment and decent wages.

Perry can not send US Treasury checks out to everyone and their brother in Texas.

That's interesting since it seems like the Neo-Cons take great pride and measure success by how they can make the rich richer while at the same time increasing the number of poor.

Show me some proof of someone, anyone, someplace, somewhere in America that wants to increase the number of poor?
Especially wealthy people Goose. Now come on my man, all that does is increase their taxes even more.

Now Gadawg, Romney pays less a percentage of his income in taxes than I do. So you have made an inaccurate statement.

Show me how it would be advantageous for Obama to increase the number of poor that qualify for assistance. That would mean that the economy would have to worsen which would hardly help his re-election.

Yet you made the point that "Obama can and takes great pride in increasing the # of moochers who get them".

I'm just fighting ridiculousness with ridiculousness.

Gadawg, most wealthy people that I have known, I have respected. And most wanted to see everyone doing well. Most. I have known and worked for some that the temptation to deal with them in calibers was almost overwhelming. They were also the places that were unionized. Because that was the only way that the workers could get a safe working environment and decent wages.

What makes you think I do not respect any of that?
And where is there anyone that wants to see anyone poor? I heard it said. Don't you also require some proof to back it up?

If I went to Texas and promised the citizens a check in the mail for their vote they would just love me also.
Those that plunder from Paul to give to Peter can always count on the support of Peter.

That may be but at least you understood that Obama is more popular than Perry right now.

That makes you much more intelligent than Conservative who failed to grasp even that simple concept. :cuckoo:

Hey Goose, respectfully, let me appeal to your reason and common sense which I believe you have a lot of:
Do you care how popular you are in your network of friends and professionally? Do many of the decisions that you make in all of those networks popular amongst a large majority or even a majority of everyone?
And isn't the fact that Obama is so popular proof that we do too much to too many in the terms of a free ride and that is why Obama is popular?
Wouldn't you rather have someone that makes the hard decisions that are unpopular and ignored by politicians that want to be popular instead of making the hard choices?
To hell with this political popularity contest. Give me someone that straightens the hell out of this country and is labeled unpopular for doing so.

Are you for real??

Now Gadawg, Romney pays less a percentage of his income in taxes than I do. So you have made an inaccurate statement.

Well golly gee, another Buffett and his secretary faggot. Romney paid MILLIONS of dollars more in taxes than you did, crybaby ......

Show me how it would be advantageous for Obama to increase the number of poor that qualify for assistance. That would mean that the economy would have to worsen which would hardly help his re-election.

Yet you made the point that "Obama can and takes great pride in increasing the # of moochers who get them".

Obama gives speeches with the #s in his speeches.
Talk about ridiculous.
You didn't know that those programs have grown dramatically under his leadership?
And unemployment was doubled from one year to 2 years.
And NO ONE that is self employed gets any of that.
I believe in the rights of the individual, not of the mob popularity contest rule.
Damn, I figured you would be right there with us. No offense to you at all but you look the independent type. Never figured you as one that goes along with the popular crowd.

You pay income taxes.
Romney is not working now and has not worked for many years.
His income is from investments and that is capital gains tax.
Capital gains is from invested $$ that had already been taxed and most of Romneys capital gains was AFTER corporate taxes of 35%.
So add it up. Capital gains from corporate earnings is taxed AT FIFTY 50%.
35 % before the capital gains are distributed individually and 15% when the individual gets the $$$.
You have made an inaccurate statement. The net income from Romney's investments in corporations is taxed at 50% and that is most of his earnings.

Talk about ridiculous.
You didn't know that those programs have grown dramatically under his leadership?
I believe in the rights of the individual, not of the mob popularity contest rule.
Damn, I figured you would be right there with us. No offense to you at all but you look the independent type. Never figured you as one that goes along with the popular crowd.

Good gawd Gadawg, look at things in their perspective!!

Of course those programs gew dramatically and unemployment doubled under his leadership. He only took the reins at the beginning of the worst recession since the Great Depression. And for the "self-employed" how do you lay yourself off? You can at least get some huge tax breaks for your losses.

Damn, I figured you would be right there with us. No offense to you at all but you look the independent type.

I believe in the rights of the individual too, more so than conservatives that wish to restrict the rights of the individual to get an abortion, marry a person of the same sex, enlist help with euthanasia, sell their body, use recreational drugs, etc.

But what does that have to do with helping the poor and unemployed during the worst recession since the Great Depression? Not a thing.....

Never figured you as one that goes along with the popular crowd

You ever think that the reason it's popular is because it's the right thing to do? And if the majority vote to send someone to represent them that their representative better represent their views?

Last edited:
That may be but at least you understood that Obama is more popular than Perry right now.

That makes you much more intelligent than Conservative who failed to grasp even that simple concept. :cuckoo:

Hey Goose, respectfully, let me appeal to your reason and common sense which I believe you have a lot of:
Do you care how popular you are in your network of friends and professionally? Do many of the decisions that you make in all of those networks popular amongst a large majority or even a majority of everyone?
And isn't the fact that Obama is so popular proof that we do too much to too many in the terms of a free ride and that is why Obama is popular?
Wouldn't you rather have someone that makes the hard decisions that are unpopular and ignored by politicians that want to be popular instead of making the hard choices?
To hell with this political popularity contest. Give me someone that straightens the hell out of this country and is labeled unpopular for doing so.

Are you for real??

Popularity contests are for frat boys and high school student body elections.
Kid stuff.

Talk about ridiculous.

Good gawd Gadawg, look at things in their perspective!!

Of course those programs gew dramatically and unemployment doubled under his leadership. He only took the reins at the beginning of the worst recession since the Great Depression. And for the "self-employed" how do you lay yourself off? You can at least get some huge tax breaks for your losses.

Damn, I figured you would be right there with us. No offense to you at all but you look the independent type.

I believe in the rights of the individual too, more so than conservatives that wish to restrict the rights of the individual to get an abortion, marry a person of the same sex, enlist help with euthanasia, sell their body, use recreational drugs, etc.

But what does that have to do with helping the poor and unemployed during the worst recession since the Great Depression? Not a thing.....

Never figured you as one that goes along with the popular crowd

You ever think that the reason it's popular is because it's the right thing to do? And if the majority vote to send someone to represent them that their representative better represent their views?

I value and respect your opinion greatly. I do agree that the easy decisions are popular when it is the right thing to do but when we have to slash Medicare and Social Security, do you believe that will be popular as it is not only the right thing to do it is the ONLY thing to do?
Well said Goose and enjoy your posts. May not agree with you but your responses are civil and precise.
Great minds may not always agree on everything but they think alike on matters of respect.

Sorry bout that,

All I heard from the Perry supporters was how easily he could beat Obama for POTUS. It turns out that Perry wouldn't have even beat him in Texas!! :eek:

Perry’s approval rating after his failed presidential bid has fallen to 40 percent, a 10-point drop from a year ago and slightly less than Obama’s 43 percent statewide approval rating, according to the poll.

And it looks like the majority want to send Perry packing.......

"I probably think of him as more redneck,” Bonner said.

Poll: Rick Perry about as popular in Texas as Obama after failed bid for GOP presidential nom - The Washington Post

I find it hard to believe that someone could make Texas "look bad".

1. And yet, people from all industries and states across this country are bailing out of thier home states and packing all thier shit up, and heading for Texas to escape economic collaspe.
2. Hummmm,....Perry is still Govenor here folks, maybe you should hold off in coming here? :badgrin:
3. We need all you yanks down here like we need illegal immigrants.
4. Actually we want illegals more than you yanks and hayseeds up north and fruits out west, at least the illegals are hard working folks.
5. And they don't carry the union seed in thier heads which tend to kill *all* business, *always*!:doubt:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

All I heard from the Perry supporters was how easily he could beat Obama for POTUS. It turns out that Perry wouldn't have even beat him in Texas!! :eek:

Poll: Rick Perry about as popular in Texas as Obama after failed bid for GOP presidential nom - The Washington Post

I find it hard to believe that someone could make Texas "look bad".

1. And yet, people from all industries and states across this country are bailing out of thier home states and packing all thier shit up, and heading for Texas to escape economic collaspe.
2. Hummmm,....Perry is still Govenor here folks, maybe you should hold off in coming here? :badgrin:
3. We need all you yanks down here like we need illegal immigrants.
4. Actually we want illegals more than you yanks and hayseeds up north and fruits out west, at least the illegals are hard working folks.
5. And they don't carry the union seed in thier heads which tend to kill *all* business, *always*!:doubt:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

All that and yet Obama still outpolls Perry in Texas. :eek:

Lets not forget that the word "rich" 40 years ago had a different meaning then than now. Theres a diff between a few $100,000 or a couple million $ and 100's of millions or billions amassed by one individual often by outsourcing (see apple's I-Phone production facilities) Today one can be obscenely- rich but the kool aid drinking Righties don't or can't differentiate.

Are you for real??

Kid stuff.

And that's what it boils down to, huh?

So what do you call when candidates run on a platform of people people getting to "keep more of their money"?

Are you for real??

Kid stuff.

And that's what it boils down to, huh?

So what do you call when candidates run on a platform of people people getting to "keep more of their money"?

Depends on who we're talking about.

If we're talking about the middle class then we would know that wealth doesn't "trickle down". It trickles up.

You put more money in the hands of the middle class and, unlike the wealthy, they actually go out and SPEND IT. That creates demand which, in turn, creates more jobs and puts more money in the hands of the wealthy.

Perry’s approval rating after his failed presidential bid has fallen to 40 percent, a 10-point drop from a year ago and slightly less than Obama’s 43 percent statewide approval rating, according to the poll.

"I probably think of him as more redneck,” Bonner said.

Over 70 years ago I heard my maternal grandmother say, "A Fool Can Keep His Mouth Shut And Nobody Will Know!"

If there's ever been a case where a man should have stayed at home...Perry is a prime example.

Sounds like your Grandmother lifted from Abe Lincoln.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -- Abraham Lincoln

New Topics

Forum List

Back