Obama More Popular In Texas Than Perry

It doesn't really matter at this point, because Perry is out. But I said some time ago that a Perry nomination would be the best way to assure a second term for Obama, as Perry would fail to gain traction in swing states, and would very possibly fail to carry even Texas.

I think as long as Perry was their idiot, Texans were fine with it. Once the whole country found out what an idiot Texas had for a Governor, they became embarrassed

I think as long as Perry was their idiot, Texans were fine with it. Once the whole country found out what an idiot Texas had for a Governor, they became embarrassed

So he went for what, 10 years? as governor and no one noticed? Really? Is that your final answer?

Or did the lamestream media do such a great job chopping him down it spilled over into public sentiment? About like Sarah Palin.

All I heard from the Perry supporters was how easily he could beat Obama for POTUS. It turns out that Perry wouldn't have even beat him in Texas!! :eek:

Perry’s approval rating after his failed presidential bid has fallen to 40 percent, a 10-point drop from a year ago and slightly less than Obama’s 43 percent statewide approval rating, according to the poll.

And it looks like the majority want to send Perry packing.......

More than half of the people who responded to a statewide survey don’t want Perry, the longest-serving governor in Texas history, to run for another term in 2014.

“He should have never been in the race,” said Traci Humphrey, a 33-year-old Republican from Dallas, who wasn’t a poll respondent. “I think it made us look like idiots, how he conducted himself. His overall image is not good for Texas".

"I probably think of him as more redneck,” Bonner said.

Poll: Rick Perry about as popular in Texas as Obama after failed bid for GOP presidential nom - The Washington Post

:bsflag:

So he went for what, 10 years? as governor and no one noticed? Really? Is that your final answer?

Or did the lamestream media do such a great job chopping him down it spilled over into public sentiment? About like Sarah Palin.
Yeah! The media made him look stupid! It couldn't be Perry's fault at all! It's the media!

The Perry campaign was mortifying. Ooops!

When are the Tea Partiers gonna realize that America isn't as accepting of stupid as they are? Never! Because there's a scapegoat waiting behind that microphone and it's always gonna be the big bad media.

He did so horribly, some want him to pay back the cost of his security detail:

Security costs

In a letter sent Monday, state Rep. Jessica Farrar, D-Houston, asked Perry to reimburse the state to the tune of $2.6 million for his security detail. The figure came from Progress Texas, an Austin-based Democratic group that made the estimate based on how much Perry's security detail reportedly cost in September.

Read more here: What will Perry do with remaining campaign funds? | Elections & Politics | News from For...
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...perry-security-costs-presidential-campaign-/1
Texans billed $800K for Rick Perry's security

Last edited:
He did so horribly, some want him to pay back the cost of his security detail:

Security costs

In a letter sent Monday, state Rep. Jessica Farrar, D-Houston, asked Perry to reimburse the state to the tune of $2.6 million for his security detail. The figure came from Progress Texas, an Austin-based Democratic group that made the estimate based on how much Perry's security detail reportedly cost in September.

Read more here: What will Perry do with remaining campaign funds? | Elections & Politics | News from For...

gee a Democrat, whining about money spent by a Republican. Who'd have thought it?

The Party of responsibility

When are you going to take responsibility for your own blunders rather than blame the Lamestream media? It has been going on since Agnew

"it is not our fault, it is the medias fault for telling everyone about it"

Perry lost because he was stupid and lazy. He was too uninformed about national issues and too lazy to learn about them

But at least he humiliated people like Rabbi, who swore what a great leader he would make

When are you going to take responsibility for your own blunders rather than blame the Lamestream media? It has been going on since Agnew

Perry lost because he was stupid and lazy. He was too uninformed about national issues and too lazy to learn about them

But at least he humiliated people like Rabbi, who swore what a great leader he would make

He lost because he ran a lousy campaign. Period. He's hardly the first pol to do so. And I'm hardly the first voter to support a losing candidate.
You think the media has not been beating the drum finding dirt and blowing up every mis-statement by a Republican candidate? You thknk they havent been givign a free pass to Obama?
You're one dumb motherfucker if you think that.

All I heard from the Perry supporters was how easily he could beat Obama for POTUS. It turns out that Perry wouldn't have even beat him in Texas!! :eek:

Perry’s approval rating after his failed presidential bid has fallen to 40 percent, a 10-point drop from a year ago and slightly less than Obama’s 43 percent statewide approval rating, according to the poll.

And it looks like the majority want to send Perry packing.......

"I probably think of him as more redneck,” Bonner said.

Poll: Rick Perry about as popular in Texas as Obama after failed bid for GOP presidential nom - The Washington Post

I find it hard to believe that someone could make Texas "look bad".

Don't forget who was Perry's predecessor.

Most of the President's support in Texas comes from the 3 big cities and the Valley. Probably not enough to win the state in Nov......

The lone politician I support has 84% approval among those he represents.

Kim Jong Un ?

enhanced-buzz-29948-1324327425-23.jpg

Now... is Kim Jong Un on the left... or the right?

He lost because he ran a lousy campaign. Period. He's hardly the first pol to do so. And I'm hardly the first voter to support a losing candidate.
You think the media has not been beating the drum finding dirt and blowing up every mis-statement by a Republican candidate? You thknk they havent been givign a free pass to Obama?
You're one dumb motherfucker if you think that.

Perry quickly demonstrated what he was......stupid and lazy

Given massive support when he entered the race, he quickly pissed it away. Not because the media was picking on him, but because he was stupid and lazy. In Texas, he could get away with that aww shucks, country boy charm. In the rest of the country, it just came off as stupid and lazy.

Forum List

Back