Obama Mocked Trump For Saying He'd Keep Carrier Jobs In The U.S.

How about hearing what the President really said?

"Well we have the most manufacturing jobs under my administration than since the 1990's. That's just a fact."

Not even since the end of GWB :lmao:
LIAR!

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Turns out, as aways, it's the RWer who's the liar. HE NEVER SAID THAT. LIAR. Not just a dupe. Congrats.

"Well we have the most manufacturing jobs under my administration than since the 1990's. That's just a fact."
1 result (0.58 seconds)

Search Results
Obama Mocked Trump For Saying He'd Keep Carrier Jobs In The U.S ...
www.usmessageboard.com › US Discussion › Politics
11 hours ago - 4 posts - ‎3 authors
"Well we have the most manufacturing jobs under my administration than since the 1990's. That's just a fact." Not even since the end of GWB ...

Check the numbers; GWB admin had more manufacturing jobs.

Of course. His actual quote is like- "We have more manufacturing jobs than most of the time in the past" - Watch the video.

ANYTHING to avoid getting the rich to pay their fair share and investing in training /ed. for the 3-6 million tech jobs going begging and fixing our infrastructure...great propaganda tho!

LIAR!

Turns out, as aways, it's the RWer who's the liar. HE NEVER SAID THAT. LIAR. Not just a dupe. Congrats.

1 result (0.58 seconds)

Search Results
"Well we have the most manufacturing jobs under my administration than since the 1990's. That's just a fact." Not even since the end of GWB ...

Of course. His actual quote is like- "We have more manufacturing jobs than most of the time in the past" - Watch the video.

That's not what we're arguing. And of course we should have more manufacturing jobs than in the Eisenhower admin. That's axiomatic.

LIAR!

1 result (0.58 seconds)

Search Results

That's not what we're arguing. And of course we should have more manufacturing jobs than in the Eisenhower admin. That's axiomatic.

Never said: ""Well we have the most manufacturing jobs under my administration than since the 1990's. That's just a fact."". End of story.

LIAR!

1 result (0.58 seconds)

Search Results

Never said: ""Well we have the most manufacturing jobs under my administration than since the 1990's. That's just a fact."". End of story.

So, in your mind "under my administration" qualifies it as excluding the GWB years? Clearly, he wants to give the impression that manufacturing jobs had rebounded. It's intellectual dishonesty no matter how you spin it.

1 result (0.58 seconds)

Search Results

So, in your mind "under my administration" qualifies it as excluding the GWB years? Clearly, he wants to give the impression that manufacturing jobs had rebounded. It's intellectual dishonesty no matter how you spin it.
They have rebounded DUHHHHH.

1200 of the 2000 jobs are still going and the remaining 800 are leverage to make sure Trump keeps paying them with your tax dollars.
With no guarantees Carrier won't move the rest of the jobs to Mexico in a year from now.

The worst part of this deal is it now sets a precedent for other companies to threaten to relocate to other countries unless they too are paid off.

Trump brags about being such a great deal maker yet this was an awful deal.

Consider it a "code word" for signaling his coming focus and seriousness on keeping jobs here.
Nah, what it reveals is Trump in not the great deal maker he portrayed himself as during the campaign.

THe workers keeping their jobs might disagree with you.

Other workers concerned about their jobs might disagree with you too.

And when he is in office he will have vastly more leverage to make deals WITH.

A country and a company are two different things, with two different goals. Trump isn't that good at running a company. He knows nothing about running a country.

That concern was well discussed during the campaign. Before Hillary went all Race baiting and Panic mongering all day, every day of course.

NOw that he's won, we will soon have actual performance to judge.

1200 of the 2000 jobs are still going and the remaining 800 are leverage to make sure Trump keeps paying them with your tax dollars.
With no guarantees Carrier won't move the rest of the jobs to Mexico in a year from now.

The worst part of this deal is it now sets a precedent for other companies to threaten to relocate to other countries unless they too are paid off.

Consider it a "code word" for signaling his coming focus and seriousness on keeping jobs here.
Nah, what it reveals is Trump in not the great deal maker he portrayed himself as during the campaign.

They might but they're a small minority of folks who will benefit from a deal that's bad for the nation.

And if President Trump makes deals like this one, it could lead to his impeachment.

Signalling to businesses, that he plans to be serious about keeping US jobs here, could be very good for this nation.

It would be a very stupid move, at this time, for a business to decide to outsource with an incoming president determined to reverse outsourcing.

So it seems that the ultra-left (most of whom post here rather than on Facebook, it seems) have no concern about whether Americans are thrown out of work so long as they have something of which to bitch against President Trump (suck it up, buttercups....he won).

This is pretty embarrassing for Obama. Here's what he said in regards to Trump saying he could keep Carrier jobs in the US:

"There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?

Holy shit. This makes him look like the inexperienced community organizer we always knew he was. Stunning. Trump isn't even sworn in yet and he did what Obama thought was impossible.

WATCH: Obama Mocked Trump For Saying He'd Keep Carrier Jobs In The U.S. | The Sean Hannity Show
Democrats have to have three personality characteristics needed to be members of their party: the ability to be hypocrites, lie easily, and be unable to tell truth from fiction.

They might but they're a small minority of folks who will benefit from a deal that's bad for the nation.

And if President Trump makes deals like this one, it could lead to his impeachment.

Signalling to businesses, that he plans to be serious about keeping US jobs here, could be very good for this nation.

It would be a very stupid move, at this time, for a business to decide to outsource with an incoming president determined to reverse outsourcing.
No, signaling to businesses that all they need to do to collect millions from the government us announce plans to move to Mexico.

It's a stupid deal because it incentivizes companies to move to Mexico unless the government pays them to stay.

Trump himself criticized this type of deal before he promoted this type of deal with Carrier...

"I’ve watched as politicians talked about stopping companies from leaving our states. 'Here’s a tax abatement of any kind you want. We’ll help your employees.' It doesn’t work, folks. That’s not what they need. They have money. They want to go out, they want to move to another country, and because our politicians are so dumb, they want to sell their product to us and not have any retribution, not have any consequence."

It's a stupid deal because it incentivizes companies to move to Mexico unless the government pays them to stay.

Trump himself criticized this type of deal before he promoted this type of deal with Carrier...

"I’ve watched as politicians talked about stopping companies from leaving our states. 'Here’s a tax abatement of any kind you want. We’ll help your employees.' It doesn’t work, folks. That’s not what they need. They have money. They want to go out, they want to move to another country, and because our politicians are so dumb, they want to sell their product to us and not have any retribution, not have any consequence."

So, it seems likely that when Trump is actually IN OFFICE, he will move on those "consequences" and we will see his real policy start to take shape.

As I said, already, this is basically a "code word" to demonstrate his focus and seriousness.

What would Hillary have done? Probably the same shit Obama and the Dems did after jobs disappeared because of Obamacare. Extend unemployment and Pelosi would talk about how great it is to be home with your family more instead of providing for them. Dems badmouth companies who move out of the country but they don't do shit about it. All they see is potential government dependents. It's not that easy to find a comparable job. Much of the new jobs are just part time jobs without benefits. Millions gave up looking for work these past few years, which makes the UE rate look artificially low. Others went from good full time to crappy part time. People can still work but also qualify for government aid and Obamacare. That is the left's definition of success.

??? jobs disappeared because of Obamacare? Since Obamacare was passed 15 million jobs were created in the longest job growth streak in modern history...so wtf are you smoking?

Obama passed stimulus that made for around ~2.5 million jobs 2009-2015, oversaw bail and restructuring of big chunk of American auto-industry, and stabilization of financial sector.

Conservatives keep repeating bullshit about part time vs full time jobs. WHAT ASSHOLE DO YOU PULL IT FROM?

There has been right about ZERO part time job growth since 2009 and all additional net jobs have been full time.

netChange.jpg
I think we might need a "fake news" alert button added to the current selection.

So, it seems likely that when Trump is actually IN OFFICE, he will move on those "consequences" and we will see his real policy start to take shape.

As I said, already, this is basically a "code word" to demonstrate his focus and seriousness.
Who cares what you call it? He said deals like this were bad deals made by "dumb politicians."

If he makes a move like this while in office, it could lead to impeachment.

He owns bonds in Carrier's parent company. He has plausible cover now since he's not yet president and the money is coming from Indiana thanks to Pence. But once he's sworn in, if he gives money to companies he either owns in part or owns stock of, it could be an impeachable offense.

This is pretty embarrassing for Obama. Here's what he said in regards to Trump saying he could keep Carrier jobs in the US:

"There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?

Holy shit. This makes him look like the inexperienced community organizer we always knew he was. Stunning. Trump isn't even sworn in yet and he did what Obama thought was impossible.

WATCH: Obama Mocked Trump For Saying He'd Keep Carrier Jobs In The U.S. | The Sean Hannity Show
What was the payoff?

Who cares what you call it? He said deals like this were bad deals made by "dumb politicians."

He owns bonds in Carrier's parent company. He has plausible cover now since he's not yet president and the money is coming from Indiana thanks to Pence. But once he's sworn in, if he gives money to companies he either owns in part or owns stock of, it could be an impeachable offense.

I "called it that" in order to show what I thought it meant.

I understand that as a liberal, that might seem odd to you.

Anywhooo, my point stands.

Then your point is you use terms to make excuses for Trump for when he flip-flops.

Then your point is you use terms to make excuses for Trump for when he flip-flops.

My opinion is that his intent was to send a message.

You disagree, though it is unclear based on what, other than your dislike of the guy.

IMO, once he actually TAKES OFFICE, and has ACTUAL POWER, then we can see what he actual policy will be.

You haven't directly addressed that either.

My opinion is that his intent was to send a message.

You disagree, though it is unclear based on what, other than your dislike of the guy.

IMO, once he actually TAKES OFFICE, and has ACTUAL POWER, then we can see what he actual policy will be.

You haven't directly addressed that either.
He said he didn't know he made a deal with Carrier, so how in Earth did he do this to send a message?

Clearly, you'll make any excuse for him. :lol:

Has a sitting President ever gone out of his way to mock the incoming President Elect as Obama has done?
No. obastard will keep doing it forctge next 8 years too.

Forum List

Back