Obama Mega-Donor Calls Women 'Boobs,' 'Bimbos,' 'C*nt'...

Damn lucky for Barry that he has the liberal media in his back pocket. If they ever got wise and focused on the hypocrisy in the Obama administration, that million dollar donation by Bill Maher would be returned in a heart beat.

Why are you choosing to not understand? Why are you choosing to be stupid? Don't be stupid.

Gabby Giffords has no place in this discussion, unless you think putting cross hairs over her district and asking supporters to "take her out" is on par with calling someone a "slut". I don't think it is. So lets stick to the topic at hand, ok?

Beyond that, I think you've grasped my opinion. My opinion is that yes, someone who lives in the public eye is free to be made fun of and insulted, and someone who does not live in the public eye does not. This is in no way hypocritical as I apply this standard to many situations. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it hypocritical.

I believe private citizens deserve the right to privacy. We disagree. It happens.

p.s.

And again, you are completely ignoring intent in both situations.

Maher was clearly trying to be funny and entertaining at the expense of a public person. Limbaugh was clearly trying to be insulting and degrading to a private individual. Intent matters. Don't ignore it.

ohhh so maher was just kidding? Oh I see, so hes an entertainer?

.....don't be stupid.

You think he's not?

That would be interesting, since so many "conservatives" here are saying he is.

Sorry Paulitician, scream all you want about it, there's going to be no story about Bill Maher.

It's not equivalent.

Besides, if you're going to blame anybody, blame Rush Limbaugh's sponsors. They are the one who are making it so bad for him.

Bill Maher has no sponsors. He's on HBO.

why is it not equivalent?

Well... gee, I dunno. Maybe it has to do with the fact that he's talking about one woman. Rush Limbaugh is talking about all women(specifically mentioning one but referencing the rest) who use contraceptives, and equating them sluts and prostitutes who ought to put their prostitution business up for taxpayers to see.

You see equivalence in that?

Pretty telling.

Making off-coloured jokes or comments about people who CHOOSE to live their life in the public eye is par for the course. That's why Maher is not in the wrong making comments about Palin or Bachman, but Limbaugh is in the wrong making comments about Fluke. Fluke is a private citizen choosing not to live in the public eye. This means we should respect her privacy, and Limbaugh is not doing that.

You have to be joking. Fluke chose to put herself in the public eye the minute she agreed to testify at that Democrat farce of a "hearing." On the other hand, Palin's daughter never chose to be in the public eye. Yet, all you liberal turds savaged her.

Left-Bot translation: It's only awful & wrong when the other guys do it.

Why are you choosing to not understand? Why are you choosing to be stupid? Don't be stupid.

Gabby Giffords has no place in this discussion, unless you think putting cross hairs over her district and asking supporters to "take her out" is on par with calling someone a "slut". I don't think it is. So lets stick to the topic at hand, ok?

She has everything to do with the discussion as she is yet another example of liberal hypocrisy. She is just another example of "vitriol", "hate mongering", blah, blah, blah that liberals so freely whine about and accuse Republicans of...except that liberals do it themselves. Democrats had their own website with cross hairs on districts but they ignored those. It's the same thing: when Republicans do it liberals cry like a bunch of children who lost their ice cream cone. When a fellow liberal does it, they ignore or attempt to justify it which is precisely what you are doing now.

Beyond that, I think you've grasped my opinion. My opinion is that yes, someone who lives in the public eye is free to be made fun of and insulted, and someone who does not live in the public eye does not. This is in no way hypocritical as I apply this standard to many situations. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it hypocritical.

I believe private citizens deserve the right to privacy. We disagree. It happens.

She waived her right to privacy when she chose to testify before Congress and proudly announced that she requires $1,000 a year for expenses related to fucking. I feel pretty confident that had she been arguing a conservative position and Ed Shultz called her a slut you would be defending him.

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

p.s.

Maher was clearly trying to be funny and entertaining at the expense of a public person. Limbaugh was clearly trying to be insulting and degrading to a private individual. Intent matters. Don't ignore it.

No I am not ignoring intent. You really think Maher was just joking? Pffft....I don't think he was joking at all. He wasn't going for laughter he was going for a cheer from a liberal audience. You delude yourself

p.s.

No I am not ignoring intent. You really think Maher was just joking? Pffft....I don't think he was joking at all. He wasn't going for laughter he was going for a cheer from a liberal audience. You delude yourself

:lol: Left-Bot translation: It's only awful & wrong when the other guys do it. You're not dealing with brainiacs here.

Left-Bot translation: It's only awful & wrong when the other guys do it.

I dunno... are people on the left calling women sluts and prostitutes for using contraceptives?

No? Yeah... didn't think so.

If so, I'd lump them in with Limbaugh.

Please... please show me somebody on the left who said basically what Rush said... and I will cast them aside and smite them with fire and brimstone!

Or do you still believe that's what Maher was doing by calling Sarah Palin names, who is a complete laughingstock?

Forum List

Back