Obama Meets His Nemesis

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Friday, May 4, 2012

As the Greeks saw it, “nemesis” was an abstract force (personified by the goddess of divine justice of the same name) aimed directly at the destruction of a single individual. It is nemesis that brings down the heroes of the tragedies. A force that builds up over years, inescapable, inevitable, and in large part created by the hero’s own actions. Nemesis is very much the Western equivalent of karma. It is a form of divine payback, which, we are told, is a bitch.

Nemesis is what is taking down Barack Obama. Not politics as such, not the actions of his opponents — at least not yet — not any disaster or setback in the world as a whole. Obama is in the process of being ablated as the result of his own actions, born from his own personal flaws. There’s a certain type of personality that constructs a life out of the nurturing and protecting its own failings rather than attempting to resolve or overcome them. This is the only formula that is required to understand Barack Obama.

For close to four years, I’ve been arguing that Obama’s actions as president — actions taken in defiance of law; of American tradition; of the realities of current condition; and, not the least, of the American people — would, in his final months, take him down. That was my prophecy, vouchsafed unto me in the seventh house during the seventh hour of the seventh day, and behold, it is coming to pass exactly as foretold.

Nobody acts with the arrogance of an Obama without paying for it. In the ancient dramas, it was called hubris. (A lot of debate exists as to how that word was actually pronounced, there being no “u” sound in ancient Greek. Some say it’s an “ee” sound; some say a “y.”) The hero apes the gods; begins to view himself as more than human, beyond the laws that prevail even on Olympus; and the machinery of fate starts grinding. And once that machinery goes into motion, it doesn’t stop until its victim has been reduced to dust.

Post Continues on www.americanthinker.com
By J.R. Dunn

Last edited:
Another uppity Obama thread, jeeze people, find something new to whine about.

Forum List

Back