Obama may not run in 2012

Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012

In an interview with CNN in China, President Obama opened the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

Here's what he said:

[URL="http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/20575"]CNN[/URL]

reality sets in. he's way in over his head now. the damage has been done. can it all be fixed in 3 years??? not a chance. but how many presidents will it take to repair this horrific damage ???
I love how you guys talk about the damage he created when most of it was already in place when he took office. The man took over during a recession and when we were at war with two different countries and you are talking about the damage he has done.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Let's see:
In the House, 82 Democrats voted "Aye", while 126 voted "Nay". "Nearly all" did you say?

In the senate, 29 Democrats voted "Aye", while 21 voted "Nay". Please define "nearly all for us, will you?

LMAO.....MANY....ok?

So....43% voted in favor, yet you want to point this out as "nearly all"....strange math, but coming out of the Bush era, this does nto shock me. The bigger point is, SO WHAT if all of the Democrats voted in favor of it? The information both Democrats and Republicans were given was bogus. Not only that but NO ONE can tell me where all of the oil revenue that Cheney promised would more than pay for this invasion went to?

Bogus? Perhaps. World assumed by most nations? Yes.
Unless you believe Bush outright hid and lied info?
SOrt of like a birther are you?

Let's see:
In the House, 82 Democrats voted "Aye", while 126 voted "Nay". "Nearly all" did you say?

In the senate, 29 Democrats voted "Aye", while 21 voted "Nay". Please define "nearly all for us, will you?

LMAO.....MANY....ok?

So....43% voted in favor, yet you want to point this out as "nearly all"....strange math, but coming out of the Bush era, this does nto shock me. The bigger point is, SO WHAT if all of the Democrats voted in favor of it? The information both Democrats and Republicans were given was bogus. Not only that but NO ONE can tell me where all of the oil revenue that Cheney promised would more than pay for this invasion went to?

So congress voted based on Cheney's proimise of oil revenue?
Really?
No research?
No data?
Justr vote?
Really?

Learn to use logic and stop listening to rhetoric. It makes you look silly.

Oh come on!

So now we are going to start believing Obama?

Of course he will run in '12, his ego won't let him back down. Remember, he is going to fix everything.

Immie

Oh come on!

So now we are going to start believing Obama?

Of course he will run in '12, his ego won't let him back down. Remember, he is going to fix everything.

Immie

Like I said earlier.....

It does not take rocket science to realize it was a political move.
He gave some....not all...but some....reason to believe that all of his decisons are NOT politically driven by claiming he may not run again.
He plans to run in 2012.....he is counting on what he has already proven to be true....there is a large minority of people that would believe anything he says....so he said it so people will think he is striclty in it for the country and not his political aspirations.

When he swore he did not bow to the king months ago even though it was on film is an example of how he realizes many will believe anything he says.

it only took 11 mons for him. a new national record set.

Lets see....a war in Iraq....oops....wait a sec.....already had that mess....
A losing war in Afghanistan...crap, that's old stuff too....
Record deficits....ok...might have that one....he topped the old record set by Shrub...
A horrible economy....no....wait....the economy started it's downward plunge in 2008...
Rising unemployment...well...that's tied to the economy....

hmmm.....want a short answer?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

okay one of the know it alls...just came thru...said obama has lost 22 lbs and there is speculation that obama has cancer.....no link...no reason other than guy saying this...anyone else herard it

Let's hope this is a rumor and nothing more than a rumor.

Immie

You can play the blame game, it's bush's fault, it's obama's fault, it's Reagan's fault, it's Jimmy carter's fault.

What thing do they all have in common?

They all work for the government.

The government needs to cut spending lower taxes and let America thrive.

Both parties are to blame.

Record deficits....ok...might have that one....he topped the old record set by Shrub...
A horrible economy....no....wait....the economy started it's downward plunge in 2008...

Obama can get nothing done with a fillibuster proof congress on his side.

This being said.....how on earth can anyone blame a President who was dealing with an opposite party majority in congress?

Blame the congress AND the president of the time and I would lend your opinion some credibility.

Blkame one man without a majority behind him and you are nothing but a partisan hack.

And by the way....we have pretty much the same congress now.

Just an FYI.

Rumors that the chain smoking Obama has lung cancer

hmmmm. I haven't noticed him coughing.

This being said.....how on earth can anyone blame a President who was dealing with an opposite party majority in congress?

Blame the congress AND the president of the time and I would lend your opinion some credibility.

Blkame one man without a majority behind him and you are nothing but a partisan hack.

Just an FYI.

OldandTired....typically, I blame both Congress and the President. But keep in mind what it was that I was replying to - a post blaming Obama for everything. Sometimes a serious and thoughtful reply just ain't worth it....know what I mean?

Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012

In an interview with CNN in China, President Obama opened the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

Here's what he said:

[URL="http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/20575"]CNN[/URL]

reality sets in. he's way in over his head now. the damage has been done. can it all be fixed in 3 years??? not a chance. but how many presidents will it take to repair this horrific damage ???

I didn't really see where he stated he wasn't going to reelection! :confused: I think you are grasping as straws.

All he said, and I agree with, is "I am not making decisions just to get reelection!" Meaning he is not going to make decisions just because they are popular, rather he will make decision that he thinks are best for America!

Just an FYI.

OldandTired....typically, I blame both Congress and the President. But keep in mind what it was that I was replying to - a post blaming Obama for everything. Sometimes a serious and thoughtful reply just ain't worth it....know what I mean?

I blame Obama for only two things....

1).....telling the voter base that it was all Bush's fault
2).....telling the people that his policies....like the stimulus..... are doing exactly what he said they would do.

I do not like ANY employee of mine who lies.

So as I have been saying....time to clean house....Obama and congress alike.

Just an FYI.

I blame Obama for only two things....

1).....telling the voter base that it was all Bush's fault
2).....telling the people that his policies....like the stimulus..... are doing exactly what he said they would do.

I do not like ANY employee of mine who lies.

So as I have been saying....time to clean house....Obama and congress alike.

It is too soon to know if the stimulus works or not so I'm withholding judgement.

But I am very disenfranchised with Congress thus far, with a few exceptions, they have been acting like pack of bitterly partisan spoiled brats.

I like Obama, but make no mistake, he is only saying this to make it look like he isnt interested in being re-elected, that way he wont be accused of making policy desicions based on re-election.

You are a fool if you think there is even a small chance that he wont do whatever it takes to get 4 more years in office.

Saying the economic situation is all him is such an unfair attack! :evil:

I don't like his policies, but the economy would been right were it is no matter who was at the helm. The mortgage and credit meltdown was reckless economics that were brewing since Clinton was in office. The damages, or bubble took nearly 2 decades to grow, and when it bursted it put the ENTIRE WORLD into a flunk!

Did you really think that it would get fixed in 1 year? That is such an unfair expectation is defies logic. The with economic explosions, you see the damage flowing throughout the economy for a while! It takes time to run through before it can be fixed.

I honestly believed that Mitt Romney was the best man for the job. HOWEVER, even though he is an economic genius, it would have taken him a while to turn the country around.

Forum List

Back