Obama may not run in 2012

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
Obama says it: There's a chance he won't run in 2012

In an interview with CNN in China, President Obama opened the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

Here's what he said:

[URL="http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/20575"]CNN[/URL]

reality sets in. he's way in over his head now. the damage has been done. can it all be fixed in 3 years??? not a chance. but how many presidents will it take to repair this horrific damage ???

It took 8 years to create all this damage, I imagine it will take that long to fix it....:)

It took 8 years to create all this damage, I imagine it will take that long to fix it....:)

All this damage?
What damage?

A recession that happens every 6 to 8 years since the beginning of time?
A housing bubble that had been developing since the mid 70's, finally burst, and will recover as all other burst bubbles do ON THEIR OWN with free market?
A credit crunch that is a direct result of the housing bubble bursting, and one that will correct itself asd all other crunches hav in the past??

Got news for ya coyote...you are a victim of campaign rhetoric and nothing more. Learn to suffer for a period of time....and stop making a bigger deal than it is. We lost trillions in wealth when the dot com burst...and we survivied...we lived through many a recession and we survivied.

Problem is...THIS time around people do not want to feel the suffering....they want the recession fixed immediately and they want government support to help ease the pain.

Last time that was done, we went into a depression. That really what we all want?

Is this another lib bumber sticker or do you have an exposition as to "all this damage"?

Just list seven or eight of the missteps as you see them.

Awaiting your response.

it only took 11 mons for him. a new national record set.

and he knows he still has 3 years to create maximum damage, I think his end game is to destroy the USA.. HE told us so,, "We are 5 days away from fundamentally destroying errrrr changing the United States of America." You should listen to him when he talks,, he'll tell you what his intentions are.

A chance which depends on one of two things
1 He is not physically able to campaign as medical problems can occur suddenly in anyone.
or
2 The Democratic Party flatly refuses to allow him to drag their party down.

Actually it was only down in 2 years.... From the time the Democrats took over Congress.... Sorry to bust the facts on you but had to do it... Like it or not everything was going fine until early 2007....

In an interview with CNN in China, President Obama opened the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

Here's what he said:

reality sets in. he's way in over his head now. the damage has been done. can it all be fixed in 3 years??? not a chance. but how many presidents will it take to repair this horrific damage ???

HAHA--So the Dems might not have a 2012 candidate either!!!

The guy does not have the fortitude to do what is necessary or meet te political pressure that try to block him from satisfying his promises. Yep--It is possible if he does not get some tangible accomplishments under his belt.

Here's what he said:

I wonder if Palin could win if she ran unopposed? We voters MIGHT set a record for write-ins!

On a related issue--The 2012 election cycle be worst than 2008 election cycle if Obama does not run!!

We gave the Republicans a chance with Bush and 8 years
The Democrats a chance with Obama(if he refuses to run)

Why not give the ALP or the Greens the next go around?

Hey, X,

the racist loon lying about damage being done in the last 11 months is ok with you?

i'm with coyote on this one...

Lying? There are many different types of damage that Obama has done since he's been in office. For example, National Debt. Let's look at the National Debt in pictures:

Obama’s Tripling of the National Debt in Pictures » The Foundry

I never thought I'd see someone worse than Bush (except maybe Carter), but there you have it.

that's how dums solve problems. throw taxpayers $$$ at it. results??? epic fail

Hey, X,

the racist loon lying about damage being done in the last 11 months is ok with you?

i'm with coyote on this one...

Lying? There are many different types of damage that Obama has done since he's been in office. For example, National Debt. Let's look at the National Debt in pictures:

Obama’s Tripling of the National Debt in Pictures » The Foundry

I never thought I'd see someone worse than Bush (except maybe Carter), but there you have it.

that's how dums solve problems. throw taxpayers $$$ at it. results??? epic fail

Kinda like the whole Iraq debacle, right? Whatever happened to the oil revenues that Cheney promised would pay for that invasion, anyway?

A recession that happens every 6 to 8 years since the beginning of time?
A housing bubble that had been developing since the mid 70's, finally burst, and will recover as all other burst bubbles do ON THEIR OWN with free market?
A credit crunch that is a direct result of the housing bubble bursting, and one that will correct itself asd all other crunches hav in the past??

Most of your list I agree with. A decent chunk of the financial woes are cyclical things that regulation is meant to stop, or at least lessen. What Mr. Bush does get to take blame/credit for is the massive amount of time, money, and manpower sunk into Iraq. Iraq was paid for with borrowed money, and that will come back to haunt us eventually.

Forum List

Back