Obama may kill $66 billion dollar jet fighter

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
At $191 million apiece, the F-22 is the most expensive fighter ever — and many defense officials, including Secretary Robert Gates, are ready to pull the plug on it.

For all its capabilities, critics argue the F-22 is too costly and irrelevant to the wars of today. They note that it hasn't flown a single mission in Iraq or Afghanistan. Yet, with plants or suppliers in 44 states, the program counts some of its biggest fans in Congress, which has consistently voted to support it. Taxpayers to date have bought 183 Raptors at a cost of $66 billion, including development.

Raptor in dogfight for its future - USATODAY.com

Last edited:
yeah, why do we need an air superiority fighter
the terrorists dont have fighter jets

:rolleyes:

The Obama tax plans are already costing jobs as business contracts to protect itself given the giant target democrats have placed on it's back. Let's watch them kill even more jobs by wiping out defense contracts.

The Obama tax plans are already costing jobs as business contracts to protect itself given the giant target democrats have placed on it's back. Let's watch them kill even more jobs by wiping out defense contracts.

that would make chrissy lewinsky happy.

At $191 million apiece, the F-22 is the most expensive fighter ever — and many defense officials, including Secretary Robert Gates, are ready to pull the plug on it.

For all its capabilities, critics argue the F-22 is too costly and irrelevant to the wars of today. They note that it hasn't flown a single mission in Iraq or Afghanistan. Yet, with plants or suppliers in 44 states, the program counts some of its biggest fans in Congress, which has consistently voted to support it. Taxpayers to date have bought 183 Raptors at a cost of $66 billion, including development.

what if venezuela, cuba, or iran decide to invade us? how could we possibly defend ourselves against these formidable foes without this jet?:confused:

what if venezuela, cuba, or iran decide to invade us? how could we possibly defend ourselves against these formidable foes without this jet?:confused:
yeah, those F15s and F16s will fly forever

Well to be fair we do have some F-22's ...

Taxpayers to date have bought 183 Raptors at a cost of $66 billion, including development.

And it seems like there is a reason behind this ...

The F-22 saga promises to be the first of many such fights, because Gates has said he wants to spend less on big-ticket conventional systems, such as aircraft carriers and artillery, that aren't tailored to so-called small wars featuring low-tech insurgencies.

We aren't giving up our air superiority, guys.

Taxpayers to date have bought 183 Raptors at a cost of $66 billion, including development.

The F-22 saga promises to be the first of many such fights, because Gates has said he wants to spend less on big-ticket conventional systems, such as aircraft carriers and artillery, that aren't tailored to so-called small wars featuring low-tech insurgencies.

what if having that plane would have meant intercepting flight 11 or 175?

It would have been nice. Did we even have that plane available then?

And am I reading the link correctly when it says we've already have 183 bought and paid for?

If so, aren't they flying?

From what I gathered Obama was putting an end to purchasing 60 more of them.

Being prior Air Force I feel embarrassed not knowing this but all we had at Pope were C-130s, C-5s, and A-10s ....

What if you wasted $66 billion dollars on a weapons system that Secretary Gates says is not needed?

And am I reading the link correctly when it says we've already have 183 bought and paid for?

Being prior Air Force I feel embarrassed not knowing this but all we had at Pope were C-130s, C-5s, and A-10s ....

I don't know the specifics. I just don't know if you can ever have too much defense. chris is in favor of killing it because obama is in favor of killing it.

I don't know the specifics. I just don't know if you can ever have too much defense. chris is in favor of killing it because obama is in favor of killing it.

The details are in the link, E. Give it a read.

Bullshit.

Wasteful spending is wasteful spending.

And I don't agree with Obama on the capital gains tax, or the way the stimulus was structured. You haven't been reading very closely. I actually liked the Senate Republicans plan better.

the raptor was desinged to fight the cold war soviet air force. A war that's never going to happen now.

We can build next generation fighters that don't cost 200 million apiece, that would be fully capable of dominating the iranians, the chinese or the cubans.

the raptor was desinged to fight the cold war soviet air force. A war that's never going to happen now.

We can build next generation fighters that don't cost 200 million apiece, that would be fully capable of dominating the iranians, the chinese or the cubans.

Have you read what is happening in Russia right now?

Holy shit, their economy just collapsed worst than ours did!

uh, wrong
they were designed to over come radar and fighter jets
same as the F15 was
only they found that the F15 was a capable attack fighter as well

Forum List

Back