Obama Math

Mac voted with Bush 90% of the time.

Bush has a 30% approval rating.

Mac and Obama are both at 50%.

Suggests to me Obama needs a new strategy.

Is is not his fault that 1/2 of the people being polled are wrong about McCain being the best choice.

Mac voted with Bush 90% of the time.

Bush has a 30% approval rating.

Mac and Obama are both at 50%.

Suggests to me Obama needs a new strategy.

Yeah, it's interesting to try to figure out. Gotta love a good puzzle.

Well, the best spread for Obama was the 50-42 spread on Sept 1. McCain's biggest spread has been 48-43 on Sept 7.

That means Obama lost votes to McCain, McCain picked some up, but there are enough that have swung that it is possible for it to go back to Obama. And Obama's lead at his best was better than McCain's at his best (8 point spread v 5 point spread.)

080911DailyUpdateGraph1_p1m9n3.gif

Dunno, it's interesting that's for sure. I don't think Obama will ever be much above 50%, or McCain for that matter - the election has too many new things about it (blacks and women). I think there are probably enough people that will vote against a black, or against a woman, that neither will get much above 50 ever - but I might just be blowing hot air.

Last edited:
I think he's like a comedian telling the same joke over and over again. He needs some new themes to excite people. Still think he'll pull it out, but by a much slimmer margin than you'd expect considering how unpop. Bush is.

Forum List

Back