Obama makes me laugh

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Would someone please tell me where Obama is getting all this money to save the Universe. I just watched him in WI. and let me see if I get this right, 700 billion dollar bailout. Universal Healthcare, Rescue the Auto Industry, Free College for everyone that commits to public service, rebuild all the schools, win the war on terror, make college affordable for all, force the drug companies to lower prices, invest 500 billion in energy, make cars affordable for everyone, and on and on and on. Now I realize this guy wants to be president badly, but do you honeslty think this is going to happen when he is also going to lower taxes for in his words 95% of Americans and now he's talking about how together we all are going to be? I mean this guy makes me laugh now its so hilarious listening to this pitch. McCain is no better.

Would someone please tell me where Obama is getting all this money to save the Universe. I just watched him in WI. and let me see if I get this right, 700 billion dollar bailout. Universal Healthcare, Rescue the Auto Industry, Free College for everyone that commits to public service, rebuild all the schools, win the war on terror, make college affordable for all, force the drug companies to lower prices, invest 500 billion in energy, make cars affordable for everyone, and on and on and on. Now I realize this guy wants to be president badly, but do you honeslty think this is going to happen when he is also going to lower taxes for in his words 95% of Americans and now he's talking about how together we all are going to be? I mean this guy makes me laugh now its so hilarious listening to this pitch. McCain is no better.

I think McCain is better. He says due to this bail out bill he will put a freeze on increased spending except for the military and vets.

lets not forget the 50 billion to help abolish poverty around the world he is going to throw in

I think McCain is better. He says due to this bail out bill he will put a freeze on increased spending except for the military and vets.

:lol: yeah....let's see how that works out for McCain. :eusa_whistle:

freeze government programs such as Medicare/Medicaid; college loans, etc.

hey...do you think he'll freeze the salaries of all governement employees? that's an expense!! maybe he'll even forgo his own pay check as POTUS! :clap2:

Everyone knows that Obama's financing is coming from the tax payer... evidentally people like silence are the one's we are paying for...

:lol: yeah....let's see how that works out for McCain. :eusa_whistle:

freeze government programs such as Medicare/Medicaid; college loans, etc.

hey...do you think he'll freeze the salaries of all governement employees? that's an expense!! maybe he'll even forgo his own pay check as POTUS! :clap2:

pay attention. he will freeze the program, but increased spending.

Everyone knows that Obama's financing is coming from the tax payer... evidentally people like silence are the one's we are paying for...

her and everybody else in the whole wide world

Very simple.

Getting out of Iraq saves us $200 billion dollars a year. A single payer healthcare system would save us another $200 billion dollars a year. That is why every other Western democracy has a single payer system, because it is more efficient. Obama is also ending corporate loopholes and raising taxes on people who make more than $250,000 per year. It is all doable. We are the richest nation in the world, but our resources have been going to the oil companies and the rich.

:lol: I just gave $30 of your money to Obama yesterday..hope you don't mind....

Very simple.

Getting out of Iraq saves us $200 billion dollars a year. A single payer healthcare system would save us another $200 billion dollars a year. That is why every other Western democracy has a single payer system, because it is more efficient. Obama is also ending corporate loopholes and raising taxes on people who make more than $250,000 per year. It is all doable. We are the richest nation in the world, but our resources have been going to the oil companies and the rich.

In order to raise taxes on the rich, how about getting rid of all those loopholes in the tax code. Michael Dell, turned a $million tax bill to $thousand tax bill. Raise the rate and cut tax loopholes is what Obama should do.

Very simple.

now that's funny, I don't care who says it. :lol:

Very simple.

except a lot of rich people just went down the toilet. The rest are socking money away in hidden accounts in the Caymen's You guys think it is so simple getting the rich man's money. You are in for rotten teeth and long long long waiting times to get the simpletst medical care. The rich they just get on a plane and go buy the best available. Youse are suckers. Corporations? good luck on taxing them they will either just a.. pass it on to you, or b. move offshore to a more friendly business climate.. suckers

except a lot of rich people just went down the toilet. The rest are socking money away in hidden accounts in the Caymen's You guys think it is so simple getting the rich man's money. You are in for rotten teeth and long long long waiting times to get the simpletst medical care. The rich they just get on a plane and go buy the best available. Youse are suckers. Corporations? good luck on taxing them they will either just a.. pass it on to you, or b. move offshore to a more friendly business climate.. suckers

God Bless America eh!

and you celebrate this attitude like it's something to be proud of... fuck everyone else you're just in it for yourself. :clap2:

God Bless America eh!

and you celebrate this attitude like it's something to be proud of... fuck everyone else you're just in it for yourself. :clap2:

I don't know where you get that shit from! Why don't you ask yourself a question? If it's that fucking easy to extract money from the rich and from the corporations why haven't we been doing that??? You don't think they have options! Obama's world sounds like utopia but he is dreaming and so are you.

Okay, let me see if I got this right, Obama has said he "HOPES" in 16 months to end the war in Iraq after he takes office. So let's just take that for example, that would be about mid 2010, so then the money savings would not be realized till the next budget 2011, to be used in 2012. just in time for re-election. So in between that time how is going to pay for it? "windfall profit tax on gas" thats a good idea don't you think? thats going right straight to the gas pump. So much for that money. Seems he is making lots of promises, if he keeps one of them I will be surprised. Honestly, I have no use for Obama or McCain at the moment, the both of them have nothing to offer other than a bunch of vote for me promises.

Universal Healthcare

Arguably, some think we already have this. But, universal healthcare puts politicians between many of the people and their doctors. We don't need that. What we need is affordable healthcare, and to get that, people have go to stop suing their doctors for stupid bullshit. Keep people like John Edwards and other ambulance chasers out of the fucking way.

Rescue the Auto Industry

The auto industry is down because the price of fuel and insurance is up. Supply and demand is a very simple concept.

Free College for everyone that commits to public service

This already exists. If you receive a degree in a needed profession and work in a distressed area, they'll repay your loans. This mostly applies to doctors, nurses, and teachers. I don't really see why we need to pay people like me to get finance or accounting degrees.

rebuild all the schools

State issue, not Obama's problem.

win the war on terror

We're already doing that.

make college affordable for all

College is affordable, but not if you don't do well and get a decent job when you get out to pay off your student loans.

force the drug companies to lower prices

To do that, you have to force lawyers like John Edwards to stop filing lawsuits against every drug company because someone took one pill and had a minor side effect that wasn't on the label.

invest 500 billion in energy

Again, this is something we're already working towards.

make cars affordable for everyone

Cars are affordable, but when you add in the cost of gas and insurance, it's a different story.

do you honeslty think this is going to happen when he is also going to lower taxes for in his words 95% of Americans

He's lowering taxes on the people who don't really pay any of the taxes. He's raising it dramatically on the top wage earners, so essentially he'll increase the overall tax income by about 15% (very rough guesstimate I just did based on the last chart I saw of his tax plan). Basically, his goal is to take money from the rich to pay for programs that benefit the poor.

In the end, he's not doing anything any differently than any other candidate would do it. There's not a single platform he's running on that invokes real change in America, except robbing from the rich to benefit the poor.

I have another question here while I'm thinking about it, and it may just be me, but it seems to me that McCain doesn't even want to win this election. I don't see his campaign as being very proactive for someone who really wants to be in the White House. It may just be an obervation on my part but sure seems that way.

Forum List

Back