Obama makes huge announcement

At least half hasn't been used yet.

Less than half the money dedicated to highways, school construction and other infrastructure projects in a massive economic stimulus package unveiled by House Democrats is likely to be spent within the next two years, according to congressional budget analysts, meaning most of the spending would come too late to lift the nation out of recession.

Stimulus Projects May Be Slow to Jolt Economy, CBO Says - washingtonpost.com

Glad I could help.

Wasn't the point of the ginormous stimuless bill . . . . to help get us out of the recession? So if half of the spending comes a day late and a dollar short, what the hell? And for the love of God if most of it wasn't even going to hit for several years why the huge rush job on it? No time to even read it? :cuckoo:

I will cite Rahn Emmanual "Never let a good crisis go to waste." This was the Democrats attempt at domestic fear mongering to get a plethora of progressive entitlement programs rammed down the throats of Americans. Remember them saying the entire economy would collapse unless healthcare was passed by June of 2009? You would have thought the citizenry would have learned in 2007 and 2008 what this Congress was trying to do but America was asleep at the switch. At least we woke up a couple days ago and checked the power in the hands of the Democrats.

Atually, what they need to spend it on is America's infrastructure. In 2007, a packed bridge fell into the river during rush hour. The resulting investigation led to the discovery of more then 70,000 US bridges being unsafe.

Why are these kinds of projects "no brainers"?

Heavy equipment is needed. All the people it takes to make that. Then there are the bridge materials and all the people it takes to make that. Then there is the actual bridge building and all those people. They work, they pay taxes, the taxes fund more work.

It's a "loop" of jobs -> taxes -> spending -> work -> more jobs.

Democrats aren't focusing on bridges, roads, dams, docks, and trains. THAT'S where the money needs to go. Republicans just want to do "nothing".

Can you please tell us where the 800 billion from the first stimulus went?

Part of it went to bail out banks,

The profits, collected from eight of the biggest banks that have fully repaid their obligations to the government, come to about $4 billion, or the equivalent of about 15 percent annually, according to calculations compiled for The New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/business/economy/31taxpayer.html

Less than half the money dedicated to highways, school construction and other infrastructure projects in a massive economic stimulus package unveiled by House Democrats is likely to be spent within the next two years, according to congressional budget analysts, meaning most of the spending would come too late to lift the nation out of recession.

Glad I could help.

Hmm.. Let's see.. the STIMULUS money was given to bail out the banks. Didn't Obama have planty of TARP funds for that? Oh wait.. he used that money to buy the UAW a couple of car companies. But, since only half the money has been spent, why would Democrats being crying that they need ANOTHER stimulus? Fill us in why don't you? And while you're telling us why the 400 BILLION dollars Bam Bam is sitting on isn't being put in the economy, please also tell me how they plan to train the turtles to use the turtle crossing the stimulus money is to pay for in Florida.

$3.4 million stimulus project to protect turtles called wasteful - CNN.com

Last edited:
Its called stimulus and more is still needed.

Thank the president for keeping us out of a depression so far.

The President kept us out of a depression?
Even he would probably like to know how he did that.

So lets see....a stimulus keeps us out of a depression. I see. So lets look at when that has happened in the past....Hmmm.....never that I can think of.

I know Japan tried it with, I believe, 8 stimulus' over 10 years...and what did they label it?

Oh yeah..."The lost decade".....

And ours that was passed in March? How is that doing?

I know...I know....
"it is not all about jobs created, it is about jobs saved".....you know....."jobs saved"....the one thing that NO ONE can confirm as fact.

Well, we know one thing for sure...and you can not spin it....He assured us and congress that his plan will allow the unemployment rate to max out at 8%.....and he was wrong by millions of jobs.

Now before you regurgitate that "well, we did not realize how bad the economy was" rhetoric, let me ask you something....

You really think that of the 100 top world economists that Obama said was advising him....none of them knew how bad the economy was?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I will thank Obama and Democrats for deliberately putting our nation through this. I will thank Obama for now admitting what every jackass and his brother has been saying for years, the middle class is disappearing. While everyone in the media and DC whined about NAFTA, NO ONE lent us a hand as we have lost MILLIONS and MILLIONS of jobs to Asia and India.

This isn't rocket science folks. This government destroyed our nation through pure greed. The anger now sinking in, and as it should have been a year ago.

They deliberately put our nation through this. DELIBERATELY.

If you do something two times and it fails to work, or actually makes the problem worse, why should you do it a third time?

The stimulus spending last time was more than the government took in in taxes for the year. Most of us on this side think if you are going to throw that much down the toilet, then you should just declare a tax holiday for the year. Costs less, money is in peoples hands today, and tax cuts do stimulate. As opposed to passing money to favored politicians.

This kind of stimulus is the worst kind of trickle down. give it to your freinds, and they will spend the economy into prosperity. As opposed to giving it to productive folks and have them spend money productively.

Atually, what they need to spend it on is America's infrastructure. In 2007, a packed bridge fell into the river during rush hour. The resulting investigation led to the discovery of more then 70,000 US bridges being unsafe.

Heavy equipment is needed. All the people it takes to make that. Then there are the bridge materials and all the people it takes to make that. Then there is the actual bridge building and all those people. They work, they pay taxes, the taxes fund more work.

Democrats aren't focusing on bridges, roads, dams, docks, and trains. THAT'S where the money needs to go. Republicans just want to do "nothing".

How many times do I have to post this? Does anyone actually bother to look at the breakdown here? You can click on state activity, project activity, what's spent, what's yet to be spent.

Eye on the Stimulus - ProPublica

I know, I know, it's just sooooooooo much easier to join the choir and pretend that none of the stimulus money has worked, ever will work, and is nothing but a slush fund for liberal politicians. But that's gotten real old.

Part of it went to bail out banks,

The profits, collected from eight of the biggest banks that have fully repaid their obligations to the government, come to about $4 billion, or the equivalent of about 15 percent annually, according to calculations compiled for The New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/business/economy/31taxpayer.html

Glad I could help.

The bank bailouts were completely separate from the "stimulus" bill.

Does anyone remember the $170 billion stimulus package in 2008 where everyone got a cash rebate to stimulate the economy? Well that bill also included new tax breaks for small businesses. Other than spending the money we all got in the mail (most people paid down credit cards and didn't boost retail sales), where did THAT money go? I'm talking to small business owners here. It wasn't enough, was it...

Bush signs stimulus package - Feb. 11, 2008

Its called stimulus and more is still needed.

Thank the president for keeping us out of a depression so far.

The President kept us out of a depression?
Even he would probably like to know how he did that.

So lets see....a stimulus keeps us out of a depression. I see. So lets look at when that has happened in the past....Hmmm.....never that I can think of.

I know Japan tried it with, I believe, 8 stimulus' over 10 years...and what did they label it?

Oh yeah..."The lost decade".....

And ours that was passed in March? How is that doing?

I know...I know....
"it is not all about jobs created, it is about jobs saved".....you know....."jobs saved"....the one thing that NO ONE can confirm as fact.

Well, we know one thing for sure...and you can not spin it....He assured us and congress that his plan will allow the unemployment rate to max out at 8%.....and he was wrong by millions of jobs.

Now before you regurgitate that "well, we did not realize how bad the economy was" rhetoric, let me ask you something....

You really think that of the 100 top world economists that Obama said was advising him....none of them knew how bad the economy was?

Many were actually telling him it was worse and that he wasn't doing enough.

When your poll numbers are tanking, when you get your Party's ass kicked in three elections, when you endorse 2 candidates and they lose...what do you do?

You announce another multi billion dollar spending plan to "elevate the middle class".

Apparently the non-existent middle class will be called upon to bail out the President...but since no one has a job and their credit rating is all screwed up the spending measure is just a bunch of hot air in a feeble attempt to boost his poll numbers before the SOTU speech.

We have a national debt problem, they want to raise the credit limit by another 1.9 trillion dollars. Now he thinks he is going to FOOL everyone into beleiving this B.S is beyond me. More tax reductions for child credit and taking care of aged parents, insanity persists. They need to take an AXE to the budget and start cutting.

When your poll numbers are tanking, when you get your Party's ass kicked in three elections, when you endorse 2 candidates and they lose...what do you do?

You announce another multi billion dollar spending plan to "elevate the middle class".

Apparently the non-existent middle class will be called upon to bail out the President...but since no one has a job and their credit rating is all screwed up the spending measure is just a bunch of hot air in a feeble attempt to boost his poll numbers before the SOTU speech.

We have a national debt problem, they want to raise the credit limit by another 1.9 trillion dollars. Now he thinks he is going to FOOL everyone into beleiving this B.S is beyond me. More tax reductions for child credit and taking care of aged parents, insanity persists. They need to take an AXE to the budget and start cutting.

Exactly.

STIMULUS WATCH: Unemployment unchanged by projects - Yahoo! News

STIMULUS WATCH: Unemployment unchanged by projects

Yeah give me more of that stimulus

The total number of unemployed has nothing to do with those who have been employed by projects using stimulus funds. If 50,000 jobs are added in one month and 50,000 others become unemployed elsewhere, it's a wash.

So this is acceptable to you....OK.

and FYI the Stimulus, as admitted Obama, has done one thing only. Allowed state and local governments to keep their workers employed. He didn't create or save shit. In about 1 month when his poll numbers tank again he will tout he saved 2 million jobs by the Democrats new definition of a job saved under the Obama bailout.....
and America will just laugh at him...realizing he's lost touch with reality.

President Obama will propose Congress freeze "non-security" federal spending for the next three years.

In other words, he is in campaign mode and making more promises we know he cannot keep. Just watch the other hand people. This is 3 card monte like no other.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

This is just welcome to FLOOD THE BASEMENT ECONOMICS--from an "intellectual" Harvard graduate lawyer--turned "community organizer' that never took economics 101--:lol::lol:

President Obama will propose Congress freeze "non-security" federal spending for the next three years.

In other words, he is in campaign mode and making more promises we know he cannot keep. Just watch the other hand people. This is 3 card monte like no other.

It's all about the perception he trys to project to America to get his poll numbers to rise. I hope America isn't stupid enough to fall for this shit AGAIN!!!!!

There's no fricken way they can freeze Federal spending for the next 3 years...the Democrat Congress will laugh at him.

HOLY SHIT--Obama just overnight turned into JOHN McCain--:lol::lol::lol:

HOLY SHIT--Obama just overnight turned into JOHN McCain--:lol::lol::lol:

When you need ideas...just ask the Republicans....as Obama has done time and time again..:lol::lol::lol:

It's all about the perception he trys to project to America to get his poll numbers to rise. I hope America isn't stupid enough to fall for this shit AGAIN!!!!!

There's no fricken way they can freeze Federal spending for the next 3 years...the Democrat Congress will laugh at him.
OH I don't buy into it, but we know there are many stupid people out there that will or maybe not. Once lied to so often the Vail has been lifted never to be dropped again. My hopes anyway!

Or could it be yeah he already paid back his friends and he knows there isn't anything else he can do now for them so he is going to play center man. :lol:

The Puppeteers pulling the puppet's strings to put on a happy new face for progressives. Their new plan being hatched....I predict utter failure!

obama20puppet.jpg

Forum List

Back