Obama made a mistake and owned up to it

i consider it a wuss "own up"....he did not fully apologize

anything less is a pure political pig farts

Your attitude is the problem with today's political atmosphere. Obama pulled back from his "stupid" statement and called the police officer. He has tried to get all three men together to make peace.

Officer Crowley refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

Professor Gates refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

Obama has shown more character than Gates or Crowley.

Sorry that is not good enough for you. I am guessing no matter what Obama does it will not be good enough for you.

Obama used it as an opportunity to score some cheap points with the black and hispanic communities. What happened at that house had NOTHING to do with racial profiling.

P.S. The cop is a racial profiling instructor you race hustling boneheads........
Obama answered a question posed by a reporter. Sure he should have said he wasn't familiar enough with the case to make a statement, but he did not "use it to score... ad nauseum."

Your attitude is the problem with today's political atmosphere. Obama pulled back from his "stupid" statement and called the police officer. He has tried to get all three men together to make peace.

Officer Crowley refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

Professor Gates refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

Sorry that is not good enough for you. I am guessing no matter what Obama does it will not be good enough for you.

Obama used it as an opportunity to score some cheap points with the black and hispanic communities. What happened at that house had NOTHING to do with racial profiling.

P.S. The cop is a racial profiling instructor you race hustling boneheads........
Obama answered a question posed by a reporter. Sure he should have said he wasn't familiar enough with the case to make a statement, but he did not "use it to score... ad nauseum."

Exactly, he was just speaking his mind about stupid racist white cops and oppressed black Harvard professors. Why would anyone be upset about that?

Exactly, he was just speaking his mind about stupid racist white cops and oppressed black Harvard professors. Why would anyone be upset about that?

Straw man. Nothing in what he said points at all white cops as being stupid (or two dimensional) and nothing in what hes said points at all Harvard professors as being oppressed. While some cops (as a community of people) can be kind of flat, it has not been proven they are disproportionately so. As for the Harvard professor thing, it is relevant to the overall tonal backlash that a Harvard professor, because he is black, can be arrested in his own home once he identified himself and proved that ID for complaining to the civil servant for his overreaction. As if it was a white Harvard professor it would not have gone down with much less animosity from the responding officer. So all the aha (!!!) shit posted here is pretty lame to begin with.

i consider it a wuss "own up"....he did not fully apologize

anything less is a pure political pig farts

Character, and intelligence would have dictated that Obama not say anything about the matter, it wasn't a federal issue.
If he feels that he must, maybe he should step down from the presidency of the greatest country on Earth, and get a 6:00 PM news show.

Whereas Dumbya wouldn't even admit to EVER having made a mistake in a nationally televised debate!
Ya know....I saw every press conference Bush held, and he would never have stepped into a local issue like this one. His comment was always that he should just stay out of it.

And about admitting he screwed up? It was a constant harrassment by the press to get him to publicly say he'd screwed up in Iraq; and if he had, what then? How would it have improved anything?....Once you consider that he believed, and has been proven correct that he could bring a stable democratic government to the M.E. Lots of good has flowed out of that decision, and THEY wanted to accuse him of being wrong, by getting him to admit it before the nation. Are you aware of all the valuable press conference time they wasted trying to do that?

As for Obama, this is what happens when he speaks off TOTUS. It was stupid of him, and everybody knows it. At the moment I saw that, I didn't think stupid, but I did think "imprudent". and he had Bush's good example of how to handle situations like that one. That may be part of it; he can't admit how Bush did anything that was smart, so he has to show his hubris.

And how about how he said that doctors prescribe surgical operations for no better reason than to make more money? That was also imprudent.

Last edited:
Whereas Dumbya wouldn't even admit to EVER having made a mistake in a nationally televised debate!

Ummmm...President Bush has admitted making mistakes concerning Iraq..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMx7lORbGak]YouTube - Bush: Admits Mistakes in Iraq[/ame]

Straw man. Nothing in what he said points at all white cops as being stupid (or two dimensional) and nothing in what hes said points at all Harvard professors as being oppressed. While some cops (as a community of people) can be kind of flat, it has not been proven they are disproportionately so. As for the Harvard professor thing, it is relevant to the overall tonal backlash that a Harvard professor, because he is black, can be arrested in his own home once he identified himself and proved that ID for complaining to the civil servant for his overreaction. As if it was a white Harvard professor it would not have gone down with much less animosity from the responding officer. So all the aha (!!!) shit posted here is pretty lame to begin with.

According to the three cops who were there, two white and one black, when Crowley entered the house following up on a report of a burglary, Gates immediately began berating him for entering his house, accusing him of racial profiling for thinking he, Gates, might be a burglar and insisting on seeing his identification, which Gates at first refused to do, and after finally showing his id continued to berate the cop as a racist. If a white professor had behaved that stupidly and insulted a cop that much, he would also have a good chance of being arrested for disorderly conduct. For Obama to state the cop acted "stupidly" and to then go into a long talk about racial profiling and mistreatment of innocent black people by police when he knew nothing about the events is tantamount to calling the cop a stupid white racist and Gates an oppressed black man.

There was nothing about what Crowley did that suggested racism, but Gates' behavior certainly suggests racism and Obama's stupid statement betrays his own racial prejudices. The proper answer to the question would have been, "Gates is a friend of mine, but I don't know the details of the case so I can't comment on it." If what we heard from Obama wasn't motivated by his own racial prejudices, what would have motivated such a careful man to make such a stupid statement as he did?

Ummmm...President Bush has admitted making mistakes concerning Iraq..

I think this is it:
By Bill Brubaker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, April 24, 2006; 4:39 PM

"President Bush today said mistakes were made in planning for the Iraq invasion, but he defended the troop level he ordered in the initial strike, saying he would have committed the same number if given a second chance.

Recalling his pre-war conversations with Gen. Tommy Franks, who led the invasion and is now retired, Bush told a business group in Irvine, Calif.: "The level that he suggested was the troop level necessary to do the job, and I support it strongly."

.... He went on to say: "I also want to let you know that before you commit troops that you must do everything that you can to solve the problem diplomatically. And I can look you in the eye and tell you I feel I tried to solve the problem diplomatically to the max and would have committed troops both in Afghanistan and Iraq, knowing what I know today."

That last remark leads some to say that he never admitted he was "wrong"

Like I said, you weren't there. So you -yet again- haven't even the vaguest idea of what you're talking about.

The chump who made the same accusation spent half the day backpeddaling on that accusation.

Of course he did.

It became a tempest in a teacup.

It is what your side specializes in. Do you have any redeeming value at all?

Obama made a mistake by using the term stupid in his characterization of the Cambridge police.
He admitted he over reacted. He correctly characterized professor Gates and officer Crowley as over reacting.

He is attempting to bring himself, professor Gates and officer Crowley together to show we all can move past this situation together.

That is how we need to work solutions to our societal problems. We have way too much divisive politics in today's world. The other side will not give the other side a chance.

Too many people on this site spend too much time name calling and blaming rather than looking for mutual solutions.

The HELL he Owned up...

He's Trying to Play Both Sides because he Stuck both of his Feet in his Mouth after they Bounced off of his Own Ass he was Kicking that Night...

What a Dipshit...

Naive Child, this Country Elected...

And now we will all Watch him Grow up in Office.

Eventually he will Apologize Properly for his "I don't Know all the Facts... But I'll go ahead and Assume this Cop is a Racist, because everyone Knows they Target us Negroes..."

He Needs to Deal with ALL of what he Said that Night... "Stupidly" was the Least of it.

Obama is a Dipshit, and you DemocRATS Fucking OWN him.

:)

peace...

Like I said, you weren't there. So you -yet again- haven't even the vaguest idea of what you're talking about.

The chump who made the same accusation spent half the day backpeddaling on that accusation.

Of course he did.

Yeah...I'm no less than twice a smart as you.

Last edited:
Actually the Cambridge police made a mistake.

A stupid mistake.

Are you Watching ANY of what has Happened since your Messiah said some "Stupid" Shit in his Press Conference?...

I Suggest you Learn the Facts as the are Unfolding...

As Barry said that Night, "I don't Know all the Facts, buuuuuuuuuuuut..."

He's Learnin' now, ain't he!

:)

peace...

Of course he did.

Yeah...I'm no less than twice a smart as you.

Hardly.

The boys at MIT showed how stupid you are.

Forum List

Back