Obama made a mistake and owned up to it

Obama used it as an opportunity to score some cheap points with the black and hispanic communities.
I don't think so. He made a knee-jerk response which I'm sure he wanted to call back as soon as it came out of his mouth. Had there been a plan to use this as you say, he would have done alot better than putting his foot in his mouth.

So he said what's naturally in his heart without thinking? i'll buy that too .....:clap2:
That's what I believe. Everyone should read his books, where he was honest about such things, to really see what's underneath the veneer. He messed up and gave the world a little peek at it, but at least manned up.

Of course, he HAD to man up. He couldn't let that just hang out there.

Last edited:
Your attitude is the problem with today's political atmosphere. Obama pulled back from his "stupid" statement and called the police officer. He has tried to get all three men together to make peace.

Obama should have flat out apologized. He was wrong. He spoke on a matter in which he was not fully informed. His comments not only painted the Cambridge police in a questionable light, but police agencies across the country as well. He was wrong. If he can traipse around the globe apologizing for every mistake made by the United States, however well meaning they may have been, he can damn well man up and apologize for his comments regarding Officer Crowley.

Officer Crowley refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

While I am certain that Crowley would have much rather resolved the situation in another manner (he is, after all, the instructor for the racial profiling course for his police force, and that's not a how-to course), to say he over reacted would only be speculation. He was not the only officer on the scene, there were others. At least one was Black. He has voiced his absolute support for Crowley's actions, perhaps he is an "Uncle Tom?"

Lost in just about every discussion I have seen on the matter is, this was the second time police had been called to Gates' house to investigate a burglary in a very short period of time, say the last two weeks or so. Officer Crowley was perfectly justified in asking for identification.

What most people fail to realize is this: the police have quite a bit of latitude when it comes to making an arrest for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, and obstructing an investigation. You may not like it, but it is the truth.

You bet he did. My advice to anyone who may have dealings with law enforcement, especially in the field: answer their questions and don't be a dick. It's been my experience, through ride alongs, personal interaction, and numerous courses of study, that this is always the best course of action. I have never seen anyone arrested for taking this tact.

And let's not overlook the fact that identity politics is part of Gates' shtick. I hear he is even working a deal for a documentary about this incident, a mere eight days later.

Obama has shown more character than Gates or Crowley.

No, he really hasn't.

Sorry that is not good enough for you. I am guessing no matter what Obama does it will not be good enough for you.

Where I'm concerned, you'd be guessing wrong. It's not a matter of "good enough," it's a matter of doing what is right.

You are dealing in absolutes where there are no true absolutes.

In your mind officer Crowley was absolutely right and professor Gates and President Obama were absolutely wrong.
I put you in the same boat as those who feel that officer Crowley was absolutely wrong and professor Gates and President Obama were absolutely right.

We need to understand both Crowley's and Gate's perspective. You are looking only at Crowley's perspective. Those supporting Gates are looking at only his perspective.

This may be too complex for simple thinkers.

In your mind officer Crowley was absolutely right and professor Gates and President Obama were absolutely wrong.
I put you in the same boat as those who feel that officer Crowley was absolutely wrong and professor Gates and President Obama were absolutely right.

We need to understand both Crowley's and Gate's perspective. You are looking only at Crowley's perspective. Those supporting Gates are looking at only his perspective.

I see where my post could lead one to believe that I am dealing in absolutes, my wording points in that direction. The truth is, however, I believe that there is blame enough to go around. Cooler heads should have prevailed.

My initial response comes not from absolutes so much as it comes from having studied for a career in law enforcement when I was a much younger man.

As much as Officer Crowley could have, and perhaps should have, walked away, Professor Gates should have checked his mouth. And the President should have refused comment.

Reload this Page Obama made a mistake and owned up to it

Most likely because he had some internal polls, showing that people reacted negatively to his jumping on that flaming bag of crap.

He hasn't the character to own up to being a bitter pissed off douchebagge otherwise.

Barack Obama has done very well for himself. To try and paint him as an angry man is being very sterotypical.

Obama has accomplished alot more than you or me. I am sure he is very happy with his accomplishments.

You sound a little pissed off.

Not at all......I am in fact amused at all of this.

That dipshit deliberately planted the question in his presser, so he could throw his race cards around, and it blew up in his face.

He had plenty of time to consider what he was going to say, and he botched it anyways.

There's no way that he came to the conclusion that he fucked all by himself.

He admitted to not having the facts. So, why did he feel it necessary to say anything? A reasonable person would not have, especially on national TV with millions of people watching. He did it because that 20 years or Reverend Wright indoctrination came home to roost at a very inappropriate time. You know, it doesn't take but a little bit of time for a person to show his true colors... Obama is the most unPresidential person I have ever seen in this office. He's worst than Jimmy Carter and I didn't think anybody could be that fucked up.

Your attitude is the problem with today's political atmosphere. Obama pulled back from his "stupid" statement and called the police officer. He has tried to get all three men together to make peace.

Officer Crowley refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

Professor Gates refuses to admit he did anything wrong, even though he did over react.

Obama has shown more character than Gates or Crowley.

Sorry that is not good enough for you. I am guessing no matter what Obama does it will not be good enough for you.

what goes around comes around dumb little democwat,, remember the last eight years??? welldoyahuh?

I remember a President who never admitted he made a mistake.

I remember a President who never tried to bring together parties who disagree like Gates, Crowley and Obama. Obama has invited Crowley and Gates to come to the White House to put the incident behind all three of them. All three made mistakes.

Like most incidents no one is all right or all wrong. It takes character to admit this. Obama has shown that character.

He's covering his ass. Nothing more than covering his political ass.

I see where my post could lead one to believe that I am dealing in absolutes, my wording points in that direction. The truth is, however, I believe that there is blame enough to go around. Cooler heads should have prevailed.

My initial response comes not from absolutes so much as it comes from having studied for a career in law enforcement when I was a much younger man.

As much as Officer Crowley could have, and perhaps should have, walked away, Professor Gates should have checked his mouth. And the President should have refused comment.

I agree with you.

He admitted to not having the facts. So, why did he feel it necessary to say anything? A reasonable person would not have, especially on national TV with millions of people watching. He did it because that 20 years or Reverend Wright indoctrination came home to roost at a very inappropriate time. You know, it doesn't take but a little bit of time for a person to show his true colors... Obama is the most unPresidential person I have ever seen in this office. He's worst than Jimmy Carter and I didn't think anybody could be that fucked up.

You really hate Obama.

I do not feel his character or his performance comes close to deserving such hatred.

You really hate Obama.

I do not feel his character or his performance comes close to deserving such hatred.
Why not just call him a racist, too??

Little Lord Obammyroy has no character and his performance was a complete failure.

You really hate Obama.

Why not just call him a racist, too??

Little Lord Obammyroy has no character and his performance was a complete failure.

Exactly on the mark. Obama's backpeddling today was an excusefest for his TRUE shitty Rascist outlook.

He's been outed...and as they say? The first response by a person, is usually the correct one.

The onjly ones buying this bullshit, are the Obama Apologists themselves...whom I would agree SHARE his (Obama's) views in his FIRST statement.

Right on DUDE! Thumbs UP!

I remember a President who never tried to bring together parties who disagree like Gates, Crowley and Obama. Obama has invited Crowley and Gates to come to the White House to put the incident behind all three of them. All three made mistakes.

Like most incidents no one is all right or all wrong. It takes character to admit this. Obama has shown that character.

funny how it always gets back to Bush....

funny how it always gets back to Bush....

But Mr Bush did "X", so it's ok if Mr Obama does "Y". (In other words, I can't honestly defend my position, so I am going to try and deflect)

I look forward to the release of the 911 tape. I tend to think procedure would be for the officer to wait for backup before entering a home without have some idea of how many people were inside. They could have been armed. No need to put himself in danger. Did the witness tell anyone that the limo driver was gone? Did she any luggage? Did the cop speak with the witness when he arrived on the scene? Just a few unanswered questions I have.

Just saw that pathetic excuse of an "apology".

parse..uhhhh...fudge...uhhh...backpedal...uhhh....deflect...uhhh...dissemble...uhhh...equivocate...uhhhh....shift the blame...uhhh....race bait...uhhhh...

What an asshole!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back