Obama lunch w/ Clinton-switching VP's??

amys40

Rookie
Sep 19, 2008
There is wide speculation that Obama is going to announce after the debates that Biden's health has taken a turn for the worse and he will nominate Hillary Clinton as VP at or around October 5th. I checked it out on Snopes.com and they say it is undertimed whether this is just a rumor, but also say that it does seem to be more than a rumor at this point. REMEMBER that Obama had lunch with Bill Clinton last week! I'm just a 37 year old housewife/mother. I have no reason to pass this on if I didn't think it was extremely important to the election!

Do you think this is true?

no, don't think it is true.....i think it is a rumor started by the conservatives to divide and put some confusion and enmity between democrats that supported hillary and those that supported obama.

There is wide speculation that Obama is going to announce after the debates that Biden's health has taken a turn for the worse and he will nominate Hillary Clinton as VP at or around October 5th. I checked it out on Snopes.com and they say it is undertimed whether this is just a rumor, but also say that it does seem to be more than a rumor at this point. REMEMBER that Obama had lunch with Bill Clinton last week! I'm just a 37 year old housewife/mother. I have no reason to pass this on if I didn't think it was extremely important to the election!

Do you think this is true?

no I don't think it's true. I think Obama and Clinton had lunch because Clinton was, in 1992, in almost the same position as Obama is right now... The economy was in a shambles, and he was running against a firmly entrenched Republican insider.

I don't think Obama would switch VPs mid-stream. and I've heard nothing of Biden being in ill health so I'm not sure where that rumor even comes from.

I think this is just whispering from the Hillary supporters who wish it were true and the McCain supporters who pray it's not true.

Obama would be a fool to put Hillary on the ticket with him IMO. There are far more Clinton haters in the Republican party who might in fact be leaning towards Obama simply because he beat the "machine".....

Obama doesn't need to solidify the democratic base that way and doing so would be an obvious political move and it would be damaging to his campaign IMO...especially since Hillary hasn't, to my knowledge, even been out campaigning for Obama that heavily.

It sounds like a rumor. I don't believe.

I do believe that McCain would change his VP though. Palin is hurting his campaign bad.

no, don't think it is true.....i think it is a rumor started by the conservatives to divide and put some confusion and enmity between democrats that supported hillary and those that supported obama.
Started by us? Listen, Obama screwed up by:
A. Not Picking Hillary and cementing his election to President.
B. Picking a Washington insider that has been there since Nixon.

So much for the "Change" mantra eh?

Have you seen any polls lately? Obama's campaign is tanking big time. Panic mode has hit the Dems hard and now Obama want's a way to weasel out of choosing Biden and add Hillary. You know Palin's gonna' kick Bidens ass in the debate. But guess what?

Hillary doesn't want to board that sinking ship. She's looking toward 2012.

Face it, your man had a shot at it and screwed it up. Don't blame us.

I heard that McCain is going to announce next week that Palin wants to spend more time with her lawyers and replace her with Mitten because he whipped MA into shape.

Anyone else hear this one?

Started by us? Listen, Obama screwed up by:
A. Not Picking Hillary and cementing his election to President.
B. Picking a Washington insider that has been there since Nixon.

So much for the "Change" mantra eh?

what kind of message for Change would Hillary have been? she ran a dirty campaign in the primary. She basically fucked herself out of the VP position IMO with the stunts she pulled. and IMO picking Clinton would've made the battle for the white house even more difficult because she truly is a washington insider...all the scandals of Bill's administration would've plagued Obama's campaign. It would've been a nightmare.

Have you seen any polls lately? Obama's campaign is tanking big time.

I think someone hasn't looked at the polls this week. Obama is back in the lead my friend. perhaps even higher than he was pre-convention.

Panic mode has hit the Dems hard and now Obama want's a way to weasel out of choosing Biden and add Hillary. You know Palin's gonna' kick Bidens ass in the debate. But guess what?

Hillary doesn't want to board that sinking ship. She's looking toward 2012.

I think who is panicing are the Repubs and the bitter Hillary fans...

here's how I see it going down...

1. Obama loses the election... he goes back the Senate, gains 4 more years of experience, works even harder to change the washington as usual politics...comes back in 2012 and gets the nomination AGAIN against the incumbent McCain/Palin
2. Obama wins the election and does exactly what he's promised, our ecomony improves, we get out of Iraq, mend relations with the world and the U.S. gets back on track and Obama runs in 2012 as a successful incumbent President.

Either way, Hillary doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere near the White House until at least 2016.

Face it, your man had a shot at it and screwed it up. Don't blame us.

:lol: that's pretty hysterical Mad.... we're doing a-okay without any help from Hillary or you Obama is leading 54% with women voters...

I think delusions of grandur are what killed Hillary's campaign to begin with so I'm surprised to see any Hillary supporter still suffering from such a self-inflated ego considering she got her ass handed to her in what should've been a cake-walk to the nomination.

Forum List

Back