Obama losing the WOMAN vote overgay marriage--Romney ahead according to CNN poll.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Mitt Romney's support among registered voters who are women has grown and is slightly above President Barack Obama's, according to a poll released Monday.

The CBS News/New York Times poll shows Obama's support among female voters dropping five points over the last two months, from 49% to 44%. Romney is up 3 from 43% to 46% within that coveted demographic, according to the survey. The margin is still within the survey's sampling error, however.

Prior polling, including a mid-April CNN/ORC International poll, showed Obama ahead among women, with the CNN survey giving the president a 16-point advantage. That survey took place in the wake of a Democratic strategist and CNN contributor saying Romney's wife had "never worked a day in her life."

Monday's numbers fall within the survey's sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points.

Prior polling, including a mid-April CNN/ORC International poll, showed Obama ahead among women, with the CNN survey giving the president a 16-point advantage. That survey took place in the wake of a Democratic strategist and CNN contributor saying Romney's wife had "never worked a day in her life."

Monday's numbers fall within the survey's sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points.

Respondents were also skeptical of Obama's recent announcement that he supports same-sex marriage. A majority - 67% - said they believe the president made the announcement because of "political reasons," with 86% of Republicans and 70% of independents holding that view. Among Democrats, 48% believed he was motivated by "what is right" and 42% cited politics.

Only 8% of Republicans, 20% of independents and 24% of respondents overall believed Obama was motivated by doing "what is right."

Respondents were also skeptical of Obama's recent announcement that he supports same-sex marriage. A majority - 67% - said they believe the president made the announcement because of "political reasons," with 86% of Republicans and 70% of independents holding that view. Among Democrats, 48% believed he was motivated by "what is right" and 42% cited politics.

Only 8% of Republicans, 20% of independents and 24% of respondents overall believed Obama was motivated by doing "what is right."
Poll: Romney up, Obama down among women | Politics - WCVB Home

Well this is what happens when you endorse something like gay marriage that is not real popular in this nation--especially with women and independents. I am just surprised that Romney is ahead with woman--when just two weeks ago--Obama was leading Romney with a 16 point lead with women.

Poll: Romney up, Obama down among women | Politics - WCVB Home

Color-Obama-gay-marriage.jpg

Well, atleast he's being honest about his position for a change. Ill give him that.

Well, atleast he's being honest about his position for a change. Ill give him that.

According to the CNN poll 67% of this nation believe he did it just for political reasons--and judging that the same CNN poll is showing Romney now leading with women---making up for a 16 point lead that Obama had just a few weeks ago--tells me that Obama just committed political suicide with his endorsement of gay marriage.

Moms & grandma's are out there right now--thinking do I want my 6 yr. old son or grandson coming home from school and telling me that he wants to "marry" Sam when he's older.

This is definitely not good for Obama.

According to the CNN poll 67% of this nation believe he did it just for political reasons--and judging that the same CNN poll is showing Romney now leading with women---making up for a 16 point lead that Obama had just a few weeks ago--tells me that Obama just committed political suicide with his endorsement of gay marriage.

Moms & grandma's are out there right now--thinking do I want my 6 yr. old son or grandson coming home from school and telling me that he wants to "marry" Sam when he's older.

Awww man, he'll just change the subject again, to anything but the economy and jobs!!

He'll find a way to sugar coat his blooper.

Oreo is a fan of CNN now? Just as a poll swings in his favor...Tell us how you changed your mind about the media Oreo

Awww man, he'll just change the subject again, to anything but the economy and jobs!!

He'll find a way to sugar coat his blooper.

Obviously--Obama is not getting away with this one. 67% of the nation believe that he endorsed gay marriage--for nothing more than a political step up. Instead of a step up--he's fallen off a 20 foot ladder and is going straight down.

So all the rightwingers who insisted that Obama did this for political gain are, once again,

full of shit? Is that the point of this thread?

I am only guessing, here, and I maybe wrong and politically incorrect but let me be brave and bold enough to state that in my opinion, most women would prefer to be married to a man.

How do you know that?

Was he being honest in 1996 when he supported same sex marriage? Was he beiing honest in 2008 when he was squarely against it?

this is easy to solve.

In a debate make robmoney admitt his past statements on birth control and abortion

That is the problem with this guy your masters picked for you.

He can be made to face a number of statements he made which make him look like a panderer and a flip flopper.

thank you tea party

Oreo is a fan of CNN now? Just as a poll swings in his favor...Tell us how you changed your mind about the media Oreo

CNN--is a liberal channel. Liberals watch it. This is one of YOUR polls--and it's not good for your man. So what's your point?

Tell me again how CNN is a liberal station while you believe their polling. Go ahead. Let me guess, you dont believe it, you're just posting it. Right? Seems awfully convenient to hate every network then post from those networks to make a point.

Always leaves you an out doesnt it? :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back